Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1318376 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7860 on: October 20, 2016, 12:42:56 am »

In this case it is more that there is a inference that Hilary is "bad" but without anything tangible as to why she is bad except hypothetical situations.

If anything it's a case of different standards on what "bad" is. For instance, I think the email-whatsits situation was an absolute DISGRACE (even ignoring the classified stuff on the server, just the existence of the server itself) that should bar her from ever holding a high government office again. Or anyone that does something similar, for that matter.
You probably disagree.

I think her hand in the Lewinsky stuff and other Bill-related things is bad.
You probably disagree (or think she didn't have a hand in it/didn't do anything)

I think her still unreleased (or did she release the transcripts? If so, color me absolutely god-damn flabbergasted) several hundred thousand dollar speech to Goldmann Sachs is pretty bad.
You probably disagree, or don't care about them because "a two hour speech from her is really that valuable! There's no way anything shady went on!"

I think her opportunism and beliefs that are almost impossible to pin down are pretty bad.
You probably disagree, or think that it's just her "evolving" and that it's actually a plus point because she can "change for the better."
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: October 20, 2016, 12:43:34 am »

What I'm trying to illustrate is that doing good things doesn't mean one can't also do bad things.

Nihilism can't prove a point dude.

I dont know that you are the zodiac killer.  Sure I have no reason to think you are the Zodiac Killer but just because I dont have evidence doesn't mean you aren't true.

You are usuing the Zodiac killer argument.  Except it's a joke argument because it's so obvious it's wrong that nobody should ever fall for it.  But you aren't using it as a joke.
We know perfectly well that UXLZ is not the Zodiac Killer. As everybody knows, the true identity of the Zodiac Killer is Ted Cruz, and UXLZ is far too sensitive about being dismissed as an ignorant youngling to be Ted Cruz.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: October 20, 2016, 12:43:53 am »

In this case it is more that there is a inference that Hilary is "bad" but without anything tangible as to why she is bad except hypothetical situations.

And Emails! Emails are totally tangible proof of something or other blah blah blah totally she's corrupt tho the FBI said so.
poe detector broken? I'll spell it out for you: no, Emails are shit that proves nothing.

DID the FBI say she is corrupt? :P
Silly neonivec, FBI is obviously corrupt, too, so they can't be an authority on the subject :P
._.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: October 20, 2016, 12:45:46 am »

And Emails! Emails are totally tangible proof of something or other blah blah blah totally she's corrupt tho the FBI said so.
poe detector broken? I'll spell it out for you: no, Emails are shit that proves nothing.

DID the FBI say she is corrupt? :P
totally
for sure
absolutely
i know a guy who knows about this stuff, and he said it was totes legit scamblackmailsecuritybreachcurruptioncorpratecrookedLIBERALCONSPIRICYlizardslizardslizardsilluminatticonfirmed
totes
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: October 20, 2016, 12:46:37 am »

So, as far as you are convinced, she's evil. No evidence to the contrary can possibly change your opinion on this matter. So why should we respond to anything you post?

I have no idea. Maybe to convince me she's actually better than Trump. After all, it's one of her few selling points: Not being Trump. Just like one of Trump's few positives is: Not being Clinton.  (Then again, a radish has that same selling point so its value is a bit iffy.)

At the very least, I'm really glad and impressed you guys aren't doing the "First Female President" thing.
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: October 20, 2016, 12:46:51 am »

If anything it's a case of different standards on what "bad" is

Ok then lets see what "bad" is.

I think her hand in the Lewinsky stuff and other Bill-related things is bad

Ok here is the thing. She is the victim and you are holding her as responsible for Bill cheating on HER.

And people honestly wonder why I call sexism. Bill did the crime and Hilary is doing the time.

I think her opportunism

AKA doing her job. But hmm why is it worse for her to actually do stuff and not anyone else...

---

So I see... She is a woman...

As for the Emails... Once again the verdict isn't out yet.

or don't care about them because "a two hour speech from her is really that valuable! There's no way anything shady went on!"

I don't understand the controversy here... Is she not allowed to earn money or something?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:49:10 am by Neonivek »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: October 20, 2016, 12:48:52 am »

Silly neonivec, FBI is obviously corrupt, too, so they can't be an authority on the subject :P

The FBI doesn't have to be corrupt. The FBI just has to think that the chain reaction of declaring Clinton corrupt or whatever would be worse for the country than the alternative.

Anyway, what's y'all's opinion on this?
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: October 20, 2016, 12:53:02 am »

It was brought up in the debate tonight, and didn't exactly leave much of an impact. Considering the bad press, I doubt Hillary appreciated the effort on behalf of her husband, and I doubt the FBI acted on it either assuming there was even anything to act on.

Sort of... The FBI haven't released their report yet to my knowledge.

And the typical thing to do in this situation is basically paint the report as if it will be the most damning thing imaginable... Then when it is released don't downplay it... Treat it like it really was because most people won't actually read it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: October 20, 2016, 12:53:55 am »

Clinton did Benghazi. She's a crazed killer.

EDIT: But seriously, the fact that the Bush Administration pioneered a private email server for the entire White House right up until Clinton became Secretary of State should tell us how ridiculous it is to single her out over that. And just about the worst they can conclude that might be in the emails is that she gave special consideration to campaign contributors. Doesn't that just make her a completely normal politician?

So, sure you can say "just because everyone else does it doesn't make it ok for Clinton to do it too". But that argument is just rubbish when people are singling Clinton out for special condemnation.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:05:44 am by Reelya »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: October 20, 2016, 12:56:10 am »

It was brought up in the debate tonight, and didn't exactly leave much of an impact. Considering the bad press, I doubt Hillary appreciated the effort on behalf of her husband, and I doubt the FBI acted on it either assuming there was even anything to act on.

They did release their report, it was just so boring that nobody cares. Same as every other document about Clinton's emails that people make headlines about for a week before actually reading the contents, realizing there's nothing actually there, and pretending it didn't exist or was part of a grand conspiracy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: October 20, 2016, 12:58:07 am »

Clinton did Benghazi. She's a crazed killer.
She takes a ride in her black helicopter every day to somewhereistan to mow down american troops with an M4.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: October 20, 2016, 12:58:15 am »

They did release their report, it was just so boring that nobody cares. Same as every other document about Clinton's emails that people make headlines about for a week before actually reading the contents, realizing there's nothing actually there, and pretending it didn't exist or was part of a grand conspiracy.

So basically... Exactly what I predicted actually happened... Huh...

Too bad Hilary Clinton controls the FBI...

Err wait... she doesn't...

Well CERTAINLY having a Republican Attourney General (and being a... WOMAN!!! the worst kind of person!) means she could have fixed the report.

Ohh wait... if that was the case they could have been investigated.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:05:32 am by Neonivek »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: October 20, 2016, 01:11:11 am »

Don't worry, that meeting between Lynch and Bill was definitely just about kids and golf.
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: October 20, 2016, 01:13:02 am »

Don't worry, that meeting between Lynch and Bill was definitely just about kids and golf.

Well what WAS it about?

As well is the Attorney General not allowed to speak to other Republicans?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: October 20, 2016, 01:20:50 am »

So, as far as you are convinced, she's evil. No evidence to the contrary can possibly change your opinion on this matter. So why should we respond to anything you post?

I have no idea. Maybe to convince me she's actually better than Trump. After all, it's one of her few selling points: Not being Trump. Just like one of Trump's few positives is: Not being Clinton.  (Then again, a radish has that same selling point so its value is a bit iffy.)

At the very least, I'm really glad and impressed you guys aren't doing the "First Female President" thing.
Eleanor Roosevelt was the first female president, arguably.

Seriously though, you can find "children" 38 times, and "children's rights" 6 times on her wiki page, one of the former being the "children: chelsea clinton" entry at the top of the page, while the latter paint a distinct pattern over her career of caring about children.

She shows up on this site too, know who doesn't? Trump or Hitler, and comparing those two is unfair to both. Hitler was apparently able to string together coherent sentences, but Trump hasn't taken part in a genocide.

Please say you're just trolling.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 1249