Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1297610 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8265 on: October 22, 2016, 07:02:48 am »

Reelya why are you arguing that the US should let "observers" from a hostile party interested in maximising chaos into a position where they can cause a significant degree of chaos, based on the idea that nations should for some reason place 'fairness' over stab

He is?

I honestly don't see it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: October 22, 2016, 08:15:33 am »

Reelya why are you arguing that the US should let "observers" from a hostile party interested in maximising chaos into a position where they can cause a significant degree of chaos, based on the idea that nations should for some reason place 'fairness' over stab

He is?

I honestly don't see it.
His entire argument, as far as I can see, as to why the US should allow russian "observers" (read: People To Give Putins Claims Of Vote Manipulation apparent Validity) in, considering that russia has been pretty blatant about influencing the election so far, is that the US sent some observers to the last russian election and therefore tit-for-tat even though circumstances are very different.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: October 22, 2016, 08:37:33 am »

I feel the need to double post for this, I think it's a republican hindu convention event for Trump?

Highlights: Michael Jackson impersonator, dancers attacked by jihadi impersonators, and a rescue by navy seal impersonators?

https://twitter.com/ArifCRafiq/status/787425879492296704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

on that note, im not sure why republican indians are surprising

a lot of the indians in my family, especially the northern ones that lean more to the hindu nationalist type, have many objections to immigration, muslims, and alternative energy

theres the notion that most indians are left-leaning, but theres a substantial right-leaning presence

dancers being attacked by jihadis and a fanaticism for michael jackson are just indians being indian though

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: October 22, 2016, 08:39:34 am »

The kind of thing about political ideologies is that people can overlook their darker or dumber aspects.

Though I would have honestly thought most Indians would have been right leaning.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: October 22, 2016, 08:50:42 am »

Eh, US wise a number of the minorities would be fairly right-leaning voting wise... if our major right wing party wasn't the republicans. Turns out when you make a substantial plank of your party platform shitting on someone they become somewhat less inclined towards voting for you :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: October 22, 2016, 08:55:43 am »

I feel the need to double post for this, I think it's a republican hindu convention event for Trump?

Highlights: Michael Jackson impersonator, dancers attacked by jihadi impersonators, and a rescue by navy seal impersonators?

https://twitter.com/ArifCRafiq/status/787425879492296704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

on that note, im not sure why republican indians are surprising

a lot of the indians in my family, especially the northern ones that lean more to the hindu nationalist type, have many objections to immigration, muslims, and alternative energy

theres the notion that most indians are left-leaning, but theres a substantial right-leaning presence

dancers being attacked by jihadis and a fanaticism for michael jackson are just indians being indian though

Not actually all that surprising, Trump does have a lot of fans in far-right and right wing Indian parties. Primarily due to his anti-muslim stance.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: October 22, 2016, 09:07:21 am »

Just relaying something I hear frequently from a few classmates.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: October 22, 2016, 09:08:37 am »

Eh, US wise a number of the minorities would be fairly right-leaning voting wise... if our major right wing party wasn't the republicans. Turns out when you make a substantial plank of your party platform shitting on someone they become somewhat less inclined towards voting for you :V
Yeah it's not like all non-white people are born liberal - it's more that they're pushed away. For instance Muslims used to lean heavily Republican before they were turned on by the right.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8273 on: October 22, 2016, 09:18:51 am »

Before the right turned on them, you mean. Being turned on by the right would be entirely different, and not quite appropriate for these fora.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: October 22, 2016, 09:20:46 am »

Oh Senator McCain! *swoon*
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8275 on: October 22, 2016, 09:21:15 am »

Before the right turned on them, you mean. Being turned on by the right would be entirely different, and not quite appropriate for these fora.

It's actually still correct (though your correction is more grammatically correct), you're just giving it that meaning. Though yeah, I do see what you mean here.

Anyways, Trump is going to do a speech on his first 100 days http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/21/politics/donald-trump-gettysburg-speech-first-100-days/index.html I thought I saw yesterday something about Clinton making a speech on that today, but maybe that was Trump.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:29:22 am by smjjames »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: October 22, 2016, 09:55:33 am »

Damn, if he brought that up during the debate I think I would have gotten a double bingo. Where's your sense of advertising man? Shill shill shill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: October 22, 2016, 09:58:10 am »

Shill shill shill.

Har Har, real funny.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: October 22, 2016, 12:45:24 pm »

Yeah it's not like all non-white people are born liberal - it's more that they're pushed away. For instance Muslims used to lean heavily Republican before they were turned on by the right.
Hispanics are also considered to be generally conservative as well, given that they are often devout Catholics, and that their community has a lot of recent immigrants (and I think that in general, immigrants can tend to lean conservative). The perception that Hispanics were a viable partner in the Republican Coalition was a major part of the Republican 2012 autopsy and post-mortem. It's just that they failed to overrule the parts of their base opposed to Immigration reform (and more importantly failed to overrule Boehner), and now those guys rule the coop, so to speak.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: October 22, 2016, 12:46:43 pm »

given that they are often devout Catholics

Catholics are not a notably conservative groups.  Once upon a time they were but not lately.  In fact given that christians as a whole are more conservative then the general population (which includes non-relgious and jews, both a bit liberal), catholics are actually a bit to the left compared to other christians.

Catholic religious doctrine is extremely conservative in places (and extremely liberal in others) but the faithful dont really reflect those doctrines.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:50:11 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 1249