Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1318194 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1575 on: July 27, 2016, 08:28:07 pm »

I'd say Hillary has a higher chance of starting a US involved war than Trump. Hillary is an egotist and a glory hog, unable to admit fault with any of her plans and unable to back down from a fight or anything she might see as promoting her reputation. She's shown a complete disregard for the risks of any plan she implements and when it has backfired on her, and it has backfired on her oh so many times, she refuses to acknowledge the consequences or accept responsibility.

This doesn't mean I approve of Trump, I still think he's at least as bad a choice as Hillary, but if I had to say over the course of 4 years who I think would be responsible for more deaths, gotta be Hillary. That is the true threat I see from her, beyond the corruption and the cronyism and the forced narratives.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: July 27, 2016, 08:31:05 pm »

I'd say Hillary has a higher chance of starting a US involved war than Trump. Hillary is an egotist and a glory hog, unable to admit fault with any of her plans and unable to back down from a fight or anything she might see as promoting her reputation. She's shown a complete disregard for the risks of any plan she implements and when it has backfired on her, and it has backfired on her oh so many times, she refuses to acknowledge the consequences or accept responsibility.

You do realize you're describing Trump as well?

Also, sources for your argument?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: July 27, 2016, 08:33:55 pm »

Trump's capacity for harm in the way we're discussing here is probably truncated by his isolationist tendencies. The harm he would do on that front would probably be more from increasingly cutting the US off from the world and that spiraling out to everybody else.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: July 27, 2016, 08:35:55 pm »

To be fair, America is the undisputed world hegemon right now. It doesn't really matter what other countries think of you guys. And trade wars are never good for diplomatic relations either, but it might be just what the USA needs right now.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: July 27, 2016, 08:42:03 pm »

To be fair, America is the undisputed world hegemon right now. It doesn't really matter what other countries think of you guys. And trade wars are never good for diplomatic relations either, but it might be just what the USA needs right now.

And the world doesn't need the US triggering the Second Great Depression.

Okay, I may be exaggerating with a second Great Depression, but with the massively globalized economy, anything we do affects everything else.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 27, 2016, 08:44:09 pm »

If by what it needs, you mean what it needs to stop being the world hegemon, I guess...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: July 27, 2016, 08:48:01 pm »

If by what it needs, you mean what it needs to stop being the world hegemon, I guess...

Having others take up the slack and take some of the responsibility would be nice, but unfortunately, theres sometimes things that only the US can do (or at least do more easily) with our resources. So, it won't be easy....

Which btw is NOT isolationism, more like using the velvet hand rather than the iron hand, to use a metaphor.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 27, 2016, 08:55:45 pm »

"velvet glove" and "iron fist" is the metaphor
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 27, 2016, 08:58:55 pm »

Having others take up the slack and take some of the responsibility would be nice, but unfortunately, theres sometimes things that only the US can do (or at least do more easily) with our resources. So, it won't be easy....

Which btw is NOT isolationism, more like using the velvet hand rather than the iron hand, to use a metaphor.
That... doesn't have much to do with a trade war, though? The military related stuff is a separate issue, and insofar as aid stuff goes most of the other major western nations are in fact taking more responsibility than we are, proportionally.
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: July 27, 2016, 09:03:41 pm »

"velvet glove" and "iron fist" is the metaphor

How did I mess that up?..... lol.....

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: July 27, 2016, 09:27:01 pm »

Fear the Velvet Fist.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: July 27, 2016, 09:29:42 pm »

That sounds entirely too much like the title of an even more terrible than usual bodice ripper romance book.
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: July 27, 2016, 09:43:15 pm »

Those that watched Tim Kaines speech, what did you think of it? Seemed like he could at least be able to be funny and seems Biden-esque sortof, but I'm wondering how much of it did he write himself?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 27, 2016, 10:06:58 pm »

Those that watched Tim Kaines speech, what did you think of it? Seemed like he could at least be able to be funny and seems Biden-esque sortof, but I'm wondering how much of it did he write himself?
If he didn't write it himself, he sure as hell delivered it as if he did. That Trump impression was pretty good.

EDIT: I still can't get it over that both DNC and RNC had religious opening and closing ceremony-things. If something like that happened in Russia, our "liberals" would condemn it very, very hard, and sneer at the "backwards religious fucks".
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:49:13 pm by Sergarr »
._.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 27, 2016, 10:49:22 pm »

Well. I may have had small tears in my eyes at the owl picture. That actually got me. Thanks Obama.

He did a phenomenal job. Absolutely stunning. Job well done.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 1249