Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1297446 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #1770 on: July 29, 2016, 06:31:48 pm »

Shit, Let's Be Evil Twins
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 29, 2016, 07:27:31 pm »

1) It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet. How do you react?

Dude. Free wallet.

2) You’ve got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly collection plus the killing jar. What do you do?

Mere insects cannot feel pain in any way that a human could recognise.

3) You’re watching television. Suddenly you realize there’s a wasp crawling on your arm.

Act natural. wait for it to fly away, and then kill it mercilessly once it's in no position to retaliate.

4) You're reading a magazine. You come across a full-page nude photo of a girl. You show it to your wife. She likes it so much, she hangs it on your bedroom wall. The girlis lying on a bearskin rug.

Alright.

5) You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on it's back. The tortoise lays on it's back, it's belly baking in the hot sun, beating it's legs trying to turn it'self over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

If god is omnipotent, why do bad things happen to good people?

6) Describe in single words, only the good things that come into your mind about your mother.

Nah.

7) You become pregnant by a man who runs off with your best friend, and you decide to get an abortion.

Hard to go on an epic quest of revenge when you're pregnant.

8) One more question: You're watching a stage play - a banquet is in progress. The guests are enjoying an appetizer of raw oysters. The entree consists of boiled dog stuffed with rice. The raw oysters are less acceptable to you than a dish of boiled dog.

Oysters are more alien than dogs.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 29, 2016, 07:37:56 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH POLITICS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 29, 2016, 07:40:57 pm »

We have ascended to a new level of politics. Yes, we now have found the way, and the rest shall be left behind.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 29, 2016, 07:43:26 pm »

What the fuck does the shitshow called the American election campaign have to do with politics?

It's become a match of who can sling the best Twitter insults rather than policy prescriptions.

Still, it promises to be fun to watch the Democrats goad Trump into a full-scale psychotic break right before our eyes.

A wild Trump appears!

Hillary uses Taunt!
It's Super Effective!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 29, 2016, 07:45:35 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH POLITICS

Politics is, like, perception man. The fact you don't get that means....well, there's tests for that.

What the fuck does the shitshow called the American election campaign have to do with politics?

It's become a match of who can sling the best Twitter insults rather than policy prescriptions.

Still, it promises to be fun to watch the Democrats goad Trump into a full-scale psychotic break right before our eyes.

A wild Trump appears!

Hillary uses Taunt!
It's Super Effective!

I'm still waiting to see how a presidential candidate saying they literally want to hit their opponents goes over. I imagine great with Trump supporters, terribly with everyone else. I swear we're not far away from Trump just tweeting links to South Park episodes featuring Candidate Clinton's Snizz. We've pretty much hit that level.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 29, 2016, 07:56:14 pm »

I'm still waiting to see how a presidential candidate saying they literally want to hit their opponents goes over.
Now I'm thinking of candidates publicly hitting on each other on television.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 29, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »

I won't lie, it'd be a hell of a twist if trump got disqualified (or whatever) because he caught a felony assault charge on live TV.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 29, 2016, 08:19:11 pm »

Nah, Trump is too dedicated to seeming smug to get his hands dirty and Shillary is the kind of person who holds her tongue and gets revenge by inches later. There was a chance of a live TV brawl, but it was during the primary debates with Cruz and Trump.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 29, 2016, 08:32:21 pm »

According to my analysis...

Egan_BW is an honorable man torn between the need to honor his god and the ways of his people and the doubt he feels upon witnessing so many capricious abuses of power.  A leader of his people despite barely being over the age of 90, he constantly plots for freedom.

GreatJustice was born in a Roman Catholic family.  When she was five, a nieghborhood boy urinated into her hand.  She has been infertile ever since she had a botched abortion in college.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 29, 2016, 09:11:44 pm »

So I'm an elf?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 29, 2016, 09:22:39 pm »

Not quite, try again.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: July 29, 2016, 09:54:41 pm »

I won't lie, it'd be a hell of a twist if trump got disqualified (or whatever) because he caught a felony assault charge on live TV.

I highly doubt he means it. He think it plays to the tough guy image. But it comes across as "Oh yeah well....I could kick your ass!"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 29, 2016, 11:44:28 pm »

Neither a felony assault charge nor conviction prevents someone from running or being elected El Presidente. In fact, it might allow a candidate to play up military credentials.

Straight from ye olde wikipedia:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, if the candidate was in an office that allows them to be impeached by the Senate, it's possible that that august body could lay down the "no running for Federal Office" smackdown. I don't believe that any of the still running candidates are in that line of fire, though.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 29, 2016, 11:56:12 pm »

“I’m taking the gloves off. Take the gloves off. Right?” Trump said Friday during a rally in Colorado, his first since the end of Hillary Clinton's Democratic National Convention. “Taking the gloves off! Just remember this: Trump is gonna be no more Mr. Nice Guy.”
Story Continued Below

“Tell Hillary I’m not gonna be nice anymore,” he said. “I’ve been very nice to her. So you ready? Actually, some of the folks I defeated they probably would say, ‘Boy, he was not very nice.’”

“They keep screaming. And you know what I do?” Trump asked. “I’ve been nice. But after watching that performance last night — such lies — I don’t have to be so nice anymore.”

Trump says live on CNN that CNN has stopped covering him live because they don't like him. He says this live on CNN.

this is some next level of salt
._.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 1249