Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1314190 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6345 on: October 09, 2016, 10:18:35 pm »

Ok, how long before he's insulting Raddatz's appearance on twitter and/or live tv?

I give it, 12 hours tops.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6346 on: October 09, 2016, 10:18:47 pm »

This is Trump's best presidential debate of all time. Just like how the second time you play QWOP, you're somewhat better than the first time. You still fall on your face and get made fun of, though.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: October 09, 2016, 10:22:53 pm »

I love how even that captures the amount of *sniff* we had going on

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: October 09, 2016, 10:25:47 pm »

Pence dumping trump (or the other way around) would be pretty incredible, at the very least. The media/public reaction would be amazing.

E: That said, it looks like pence has tweeted stuff indicating otherwise. Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 10:27:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: October 09, 2016, 11:15:46 pm »

I love how even that captures the amount of *sniff* we had going on
I reread that, from beginning to end. Best thing to come out of this debate, by far.

Now I need to shower, piss, and do my homework because I have a busy day tomorrow and I can't seellall of my soul to this thread.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:43:42 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: October 09, 2016, 11:35:31 pm »

I'm sad I only got to watch like 5 minutes, before getting pulled away into an hour of fucking parenting drama.  It was looking pretty interesting, and the chat made it fun.

Did Trump perk up?  He gave the impression of being horribly tired and downtrodden when I was watching.  Like he didn't have the confidence and energy he did before.  And from reading the thread, it sounds like he accused the debate moderators of being mean more than once.  I really thought I heard a trying-not-to-cry waver in his voice when he said "Oh she gets to do that but I don't?"

His brazen personality is the only thing he really had this entire election season.  Without it, I think this would turn into a landslide.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:37:56 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: October 09, 2016, 11:36:45 pm »

The moderators and Trump definitely got into it over the course of the debate, they even cut his mic once.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: October 09, 2016, 11:52:53 pm »

Honestly, an hour of "fucking parenting drama" probably meant you didn't miss that much. The last hour was more civil and coherent than the first thirty minutes but that wasn't a high bar to pass.

The fact-checking stuff going on post debate is faintly amusing, though. Think more than half of what concrete things trump said was either wrong or an outright lie. Isn't exactly surprising, and clinton did trip up a time or two on that front, but damn.
Ask not!
Ask!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: October 10, 2016, 12:01:25 am »

Eh, it'll matter to some degree. Less than the post-debate, sure, but some. Now whether it'll matter in the face of whatever else happens in the next month, that's a different question.
Ask not!
Ask!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: October 10, 2016, 12:13:34 am »

Did Trump perk up?

It took him ten minutes or so to get into it, but after that he was absolutely savage. It was a great performance. He slaughtered Clinton.

(Cue CTR in three, two...)
You really going to accuse everyone of here of being a shill? And everyone is just going to let him do this? Come now. The lowest form of argument is demeaning your opponent before they even have a chance to talk (like this debate). You just going to say anyone who disagrees with you is a shill? If you feel so strongly about that, you know, have you considered maybe going to a place that isn't filled with people you hate? I mean I know bay12 has a reputation as a soft echo chamber, but if you are just going to dismiss everyone straight away why even bother talking to other people who disagree? There are no upvotes are downvotes. The only point is discussion, and what's the point of trying to do that here if you just dismiss everyone? You seem like you just want an echo chamber in the opposite direction. Well hell, there are absolutely places on the internet for you then. Reddit's got a few, there's twitter, various forums, etc.

Jokes aside no one here is a shill, and everyone who posts regularly (that I'm aware of) has a history of posting here. You aren't speaking to faceless masses you can just dismiss.

I'll be straight: Covenant, you aren't a candidate for President of the United States, so you should be held to a much higher standard then just straight up denouncing the people who disagree as shills out to get you. I expect better of people who aren't major (or minor) party candidates.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: October 10, 2016, 12:19:19 am »

I expect better of people who aren't major (or minor) party candidates.
Savage!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: October 10, 2016, 12:20:36 am »

... ctr means shill? Was thinking of asking, but it's too late to put much more effort out. Trying to puzzle out how someone could see that farce as a strong performance for either candidate is more effort than I've got in me at the moment, too.
Ask not!
Ask!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: October 10, 2016, 12:28:32 am »

CTR generally refers (and if I'm wrong, please correct me, by all means) to the Pro-Clinton group "Correct The Record", which has suddenly become a boogeyman on par with the Jewish Internet Defense Force I've heard so much about.

As for whether he's serious, I have no idea. I'm knee deep in SQL and have been running on five hours of sleep for the past few weeks now, and my meds just wore off: I'm in no place to judge, but I decided to take it seriously because his attitude pissed me off and I saw the opportunity for a good stinger at the end there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: October 10, 2016, 12:39:26 am »

... so as a trump supporter, how do you rationalize stuff like the hour and a half he just spent pretty much constantly lying, anyway? That's probably the major thing really puzzling me after that debate (mostly because I haven't really thought about it much beforehand, but *shrugs*). Like, most politicians at least give you some kind of room to deny or rationalize or reframe or whatever their integrity and honesty and whatnot. Trump... doesn't. And most people seem to think that sort of thing matters.

What's up with that?
Ask not!
Ask!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: October 10, 2016, 12:39:52 am »

I mean christ, I almost spit my tea out at the bit where you started talking about an echo chamber. Have you even read the last fifty pages?
I said bay12 has a mild echo chamber, as has often been alleged (although allegations rarely use the word "mild"). Are you disagreeing with that?

Again, I'm on five hour sleep, I just watched two people attempt to talk each other to death, and my brain demands I either go to sleep or figure out what, precisely, is wrong with SQL. I'm not in the mood for your indignant rage either. It's hard to pick up sarcasm when so much nonsense is tossed around in a completely genuine manner. And, you know, again, if you think we are so biased against Trump and his self-identified deplorables, maybe don't pick a forum known for producing Liberal Crime Squad. It's going to have a certain, you know, L+ bent.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1249