Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1318403 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6810 on: October 13, 2016, 07:04:27 am »

There is a nice e-mail in the leak stuff about Hillary's position and opinion on Syria, although from August 2014. Seems well-thought enough. Interestingly, it talks of the Saudi Arabia and Quatar governments (and not private citizen/network operation from those countries)  as funding ISIL covertly.

Wait, wait, wait.

They are supplying arms to Iraqi factions AGAIN. They provide funds, weapons and training to Sunni rebels in Syria, which is ofc completely illegal.
They have special forces on the ground.

Saudi and Quatari are funding Isis again. They have been funding Al quaida before, with the results you know.

Their strategy has exactly 0 chances to succeed. It will just result in further divides in the region and will weaken Russian allies, opening new opportunities for US companies (at an astronomic cost to tax payers, but fuck that). And you're saying that this is good?
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: October 13, 2016, 07:07:58 am »

Wait, wait, wait.

They are supplying arms to Iraqi factions AGAIN.

They kind of... have to...

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: October 13, 2016, 07:21:55 am »

They kind of... have to...

Or you can cut ISIS supply lines since they need tons of Ammunitions and supply every day to keep waging their war.
They cannot produce them locally, so it has to be imported.

By whom? Well that part is fairly obvious : peoples that are against Assad, which in turn point to Saudi Arabia and Qatar and possibly Turkey.
That part is not even touched by the email btw : war require A LOT of logistic, and ISIS is facing two regular armies.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: October 13, 2016, 07:32:28 am »

Also, there's no real hole to plug here,
Well, there isn't because Trumpism is a natural consequence of Republicans' rhetoric of the last several decades. Its rise was an increasingly distinct possibility, but I think one that was horrifying enough that nobody seriously considered it. Don himself is largely incoherent but his platform, such as it is, is cut from the same cloth as the likes of Cruz and Kasich. He just added a huckster flair for showmanship and a willingness to ignore any and all of the outer bounds established by 'conventional wisdom', and damn did he make it work. It's not a winning strategy - he's never been a very viable candidate; polls have had him trailing Clinton for the entire campaign and that has only solidified as we approach November - but it's close to winning, which is enough that now that it's proven out it will be used again in some form. He's proven just how far a person can go and still retain a large base of support, or conversely, his campaign is the exact kind of thing that gets a large part of the Republican base really enthusiastic. We don't need to worry about theoretical crystal-energy-Hitler candidates in the future, just another Trump.

How is Trump would be usurper?
Relying on the assumption that putting Trump in the White House would be a Very Horrible Thing for the foundations of American democracy (his fascist tendencies, ties to Putin, etc.). A very reasonable and probably correct assumption, in my opinion, but an assumption nonetheless unless one of you is hiding a time machine.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: October 13, 2016, 07:33:22 am »

The admiration for dictators, hostility for rule of law and declaration of intent to use extra-legal retaliation against his political opponents.

He is many things but he is not subtle.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: October 13, 2016, 08:37:39 am »

The admiration for dictators, hostility for rule of law and declaration of intent to use extra-legal retaliation against his political opponents.

He is many things but he is not subtle.

I agree he's not suitable, but none of those are reasons that apply to trump without some serious context mangling of his words.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: October 13, 2016, 08:42:06 am »

But at least we will all sleep safe at night knowing that the person who will control our military, can declare war, and launch nukes will be in the hands of Donald Trump.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: October 13, 2016, 08:45:00 am »

I agree he's not suitable, but none of those are reasons that apply to trump without some serious context mangling of his words.

I agree that context matters.

When Trump praised Putin, the context was "wait, really?  The Putin who kills journalists?" and then he doubled down on it.
When Trump called for the jail of his political opponent, the context was that he came back the next said that not only was that correct but he also wanted to jail her lawyers.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: October 13, 2016, 08:46:54 am »

he also wanted to jail her lawyers.

I'd criticize Trump on this...

If it wasn't, frankly, the point of view of WAAAAAY too many Americans to believe that Lawyers are immoral for doing their job properly.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: October 13, 2016, 08:47:49 am »

Hey, don't forget the admiration for extralegal mass murder he had fond words for in relation to saddam.

Probably whole bucketloads of stuff besides what's happened in the last week or two for the legal side of it. We are talking the guy that used charity money to try to bribe judges.

Also latest news is he's gearing up/started sueing media outlets. Because he hasn't pissed on the first enough, yet.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:49:25 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: October 13, 2016, 08:51:02 am »

Also latest news is he's gearing up/started sueing media outlets. Because he hasn't pissed on the first enough, yet.

Shouldn't he wait until he changed the Libel laws first?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: October 13, 2016, 08:52:32 am »

It will take a long, long time before we can stop considering it a post-Trump world.

Hopefully not too long, as the largest demographic that supported him should start dying out in large enough numbers to lose their strangehold on politics in the next few years.
Not so much. There are a lot of young and middle-aged Trump supporters as well. In fact, it's them I'm more worried about than the old farts. After the election, old people will just bitch about how nothing ever changes, then go back to complaining about their lumbago and how their kids don't visit them enough. It's the young ones who are more likely to do something very rash and very stupid.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: October 13, 2016, 09:04:09 am »

Trump is the preserver and the protector and just like Vishnu, has many hands.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: October 13, 2016, 09:21:15 am »

Trump is the preserver and the protector and just like Vishnu, has many hands.

Not surprisingly, Trump is also well-liked by at least one right-wing party in India. Mostly because they like his anti-Muslim stance.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:25:51 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: October 13, 2016, 09:29:57 am »

I agree that context matters.

When Trump praised Putin, the context was "wait, really?  The Putin who kills journalists?" and then he doubled down on it.
When Trump called for the jail of his political opponent, the context was that he came back the next said that not only was that correct but he also wanted to jail her lawyers.

“Certainly in that system, he’s been a leader, far more than our president has been” — an assertion that his running mate, Mike Pence, on Thursday called “inarguable.”
Source: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/trump-putin-embrace-fallout-227940

Trump said that he was "embarrassed" Congress had not done more to probe Clinton after the FBI decided not to seek charges against her over the private email server she used as secretary of state.

"Do they make deals like this?" Trump asked.
"This is the most heinous, the most serious thing that I've ever seen involving justice in the United States — in the history of the United States."
"We have a person that has committed crimes that is now running for the presidency."
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/12/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-podesta-emails/

It's a simple case of Trump following the Republican logic of Obama being the worst thing ever by saying "Look, even Putin is better."

On the second part it's just Trump once again following the popular opinion that Hillary should have to answer for her crimes. Same as anyone else who breaks rules and then destroys evidence to cover it up.

Once again, hate the dude, he's not fit to be president, but why not call him out on some stuff that's ACTUALLY scary... like the fact that he'd be willing to fire the first shot in a war against Iran as he said during the debate. Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/09/politics/donald-trump-iran/

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1249