Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1297601 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6840 on: October 13, 2016, 01:18:06 pm »

If anyone wants to burn down the DNC after the election, I'll hand out torches and pitchforks.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: October 13, 2016, 02:05:15 pm »

If anyone wants to burn down the DNC after the election, I'll hand out torches and pitchforks.

How about instead of bitching ever four years and acting like that makes you special you put in a fraction of the work that the people you bitch about put in?  The last time we had a new political party succeed it was because people who spent decades of work advocating and sometimes even dying for a cause eventually convinced a majority of their countrymen that it was right.

You want electoral reform?  That's nice.  So do I.  Who gives a shit?  Seriously.  Name a single goddamn person in the world who thinks "Well this person cares about something but wont do anything to make it happen so I'll put in all the effort for them".  It doesn't make you special.  It doesn't make you better.  It just makes you whiny to bitch about this and put in zero effort to improve anything whatsoever.

I'm hoping that after they're gone, there won't be enough support to launch another guy like him into such a dangerous position of prominence.

It would be nice but...

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/paul-ryan-needs-trump-more-than-trump-needs-ryan/
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:08:58 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: October 13, 2016, 02:08:28 pm »

"Both sides bad" is just super intellectually lazy and inaccurate. Trump is a racist groper who is stunningly unqualified while Hillary is an experienced candidate whose policies are all very much in the Democratic mainstream, for better or worst.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: October 13, 2016, 02:33:57 pm »

"Both sides bad" is just super intellectually lazy and inaccurate. Trump is a racist groper who is stunningly unqualified while Hillary is an experienced candidate whose policies are all very much in the Democratic mainstream, for better or worst.

To the republicans, Hillary is a 'corrupt liar who cheats and has negative morals', and to some/many, neither candidate is very appealing, but one or the other manages to be worse than the other in some way.

Also, in the 538 forecast, Hillary is nearing (or has gone past, depending on what you look at) her peak that she had in mid August. Some of the 538 staff have noted that it kind of looks like a sine wave, so, one wonders whether it'll start narrowing again somehow. I doubt it at this point, but we've got over three weeks to go before the election.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: October 13, 2016, 02:43:06 pm »

Regardless of how you feel about the DNC, I advise all of you to hold off on burning things until after the final cinders from the RNC have been put out. Really don't need that much of a power vacuum.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: October 13, 2016, 03:12:38 pm »

Burn em' both at once so we can be impartial...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: October 13, 2016, 03:35:28 pm »

Burn em' both at once so we can be impartial...

Yes, so we can all be impartially unqualified to figure out what to do with the country.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: October 13, 2016, 03:47:40 pm »

Well, I do have a lot of supervillainy that I joke about, and I have a general idea of certain things which would benefit those who are usually stepped on, along with some good old fashioned excuses to twirl my moustache and laugh maniacally.

Max™ 2016: Horror and Chains you can believe in.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: October 13, 2016, 03:51:07 pm »

If it wasn't, frankly, the point of view of WAAAAAY too many Americans to believe that Lawyers are immoral for doing their job properly.
'Henry VI,'' Part II, act IV, Scene II, Line 73

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: October 13, 2016, 04:04:17 pm »

They did say in one of their articles that it'd take them a few days to work him into all of their models.
It appears that Trump has been trying to get into models for decades, on the other hand. Or on other minor extremities...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: October 13, 2016, 04:08:49 pm »

EDIT: Actually, anyone mind just posting a link to both candidates' (or all, if you prefer) immigration policy so I can look it over in detail in a bit? Might as well make an evening of this.
Trump's website on immigration. Clinton's. And for bonus points, at least one comparison.

I'd say have fun, but I've seen your words on B12 and am fairly sure that first link is going to nix any possibility of that :V

E: Though it's conceptually worth mentioning that, again, trump is a lying motherfucker. As well as less consistent than a weather vane inside a waterspout. Whether his policy actually represents what he'd try to do not one bastard on this planet knows, to all appearances trump included.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:12:16 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: October 13, 2016, 04:48:52 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politics/trump-defends-himself-against-allegations-of-groping-women/index.html

"He said that the election had become an "absolute horror show of lies, deceptions, malicious attacks.""

Well it's nice he can finally be realistic about how he's handled his campaign to date.

"What is going on is egregious," Trump said. "But I also know it is not about me. It is about all of you and it is about our country. It is about all of us together as a country."

The stupid bastard can't even put two clauses together correctly.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: October 13, 2016, 05:11:13 pm »

Lol this... https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/13/trump-sexual-misconduct-allegations-election-clinton-obama?page=with:block-580003b3e4b047a4eaafc40c#block-580003b3e4b047a4eaafc40c  Trump is so full of self contradictions.....

Also, How McMullin could win Utah and the presidency, brought to you by 538 It would take a number of unlikely things to happen and fall into place.

Of course though, the House nominating McMullin would draw the ire of all of Trumps supporters, causing untold damage to the Republican brand, so..... it's gonna be REAL interesting for sure.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:14:30 pm by smjjames »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: October 13, 2016, 05:23:28 pm »

So democrats support mass surveillance and the criminalization of whistleblowers?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1249