Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1313504 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6915 on: October 14, 2016, 12:16:03 pm »

Shoot, Max, that's a scary situation.  I wouldn't couch it in "Oh but I could physically overpower her", but you do you.

I got buttslapped at a concert once (they ran off giggling) and found it pretty flattering, but how it made me feel doesn't really matter, yeah?  It wasn't okay.  They didn't know I'd like it.  It was sexual harassment and well... demeaning.  What if I'd had a significant other?  Actually no need to list specific problems, it was nonconsensual and sexual harassment.

Of course it's fine that I liked it, though maybe that's a symptom of low self-esteem :P  But that doesn't retroactively make it okay to do.

Fakedit:  Basically ninja'd by nenjin
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: October 14, 2016, 12:28:51 pm »

It's like, with me, if you're a woman, it is ALWAYS ok to walk up and grab my arm. Little old ladies do that shit, give a squeeze, it's adorable. They're out there for a reason. I'm not walking around in assless chaps though, and yeah Rolan7, like I said, if she decided she wanted to keep going, I could stop her. Guys often take that for granted, it seems.

I'm a grown man in good shape, assuming that just because people don't invade my personal space, clearly anybody who says someone invaded their personal space must be exaggering is shitty.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: October 14, 2016, 12:29:29 pm »

Yeah, it's like if you have a friend who will come up an playfully punch you in the arm. That's legally battery. You let it slide because you're friends, but that makes it an exception.

If you go up to a random stranger and punch them in the arm, you don't get to expect that they'll laugh it off. Sure, they probably won't call the cops on you, but they would certainly be within their rights to.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: October 14, 2016, 12:30:30 pm »

That's some amazing logic you've cooked up where a woman demanding the right to not be touched or have sexual comments made to her is THEM being aggressive.

You want to talk about rights, what about a man's right to free speech? Ever since democrats got up on their high horses about sexual assault, all I've heard from them is how we need to control what people can and cannot say. You all keep trying to make this issue about actions, but it's actually about words, and in this country people are allowed to say whatever they feel like saying no matter how crass.

There is no credible evidence that Donald Trump harassed anybody. All he did was have a private conversation with a friend on a bus, and now Hillary's party are turning it into a far bigger issue than what it really is. Honestly, the amount of slander and lies that have come out in the recent days is far more disgusting than Trump's overly honest dialogue.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: October 14, 2016, 12:33:26 pm »

... bloody fuck. Just noticed trump's palm beach speech. Conspiracies of international bankers, folks. After america's sovereignty.

If that sounds familiar to you, you might just know some german.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: October 14, 2016, 12:34:14 pm »

@Folly: Really? What about all the people who've come out and accused him of harassing them? It's not just about what he said on that tape. It's that stuff in conjunction with the accusations against him.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: October 14, 2016, 12:36:10 pm »

Nobody has so far in this suggested that Donald Trump's speech was the problem. It's that what he was describing belief in was something horrible, and he's running for President at the same time. Had some other form of evidence of Orange Man's Fruit Rollup Sexual Assault Adventure come out, it wouldn't be different.

Advocating for sexual assault, hell, in most circumstances advocating for murder isn't illegal (which Trump has also done calling for Clinton's assassination twice).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: October 14, 2016, 12:41:06 pm »

Well words are tricky...
Inciting people to crime is illegal.  Encouraging people to murder Clinton or to sexually assault would be illegal.

But he didn't...  He just said that, if she tried to take their guns, they'd have a recourse due to having guns.  It's not quite inciting.  It's just heavily implying :/  (and also completely unpresidential and horrifying)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: October 14, 2016, 12:49:31 pm »

Looks like Indiana http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/poll-indiana-presidential-senate-races-229796 and Texas (yes, Texas, that reddest of the red states) http://www.270towin.com/news/2016/10/14/lone-star-state-in-play--trump-leads-by-just-4-in-new-poll_396.html#.WAEVaMmE2oE may end up in play this election.

Going to be a Clinton landslide all right.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: October 14, 2016, 12:55:14 pm »

Texas isn't the reddest of red states, it's been purpling for decades now. That would be Idaho.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: October 14, 2016, 12:58:33 pm »

That's some amazing logic you've cooked up where a woman demanding the right to not be touched or have sexual comments made to her is THEM being aggressive.

You want to talk about rights, what about a man's right to free speech? Ever since democrats got up on their high horses about sexual assault, all I've heard from them is how we need to control what people can and cannot say. You all keep trying to make this issue about actions, but it's actually about words, and in this country people are allowed to say whatever they feel like saying no matter how crass.

There is no credible evidence that Donald Trump harassed anybody. All he did was have a private conversation with a friend on a bus, and now Hillary's party are turning it into a far bigger issue than what it really is. Honestly, the amount of slander and lies that have come out in the recent days is far more disgusting than Trump's overly honest dialogue.

Free speech is not touching, fondling or grabbing. Things he's now been accused by multiple people of doing. That's not protected speech, and only a total fucking idiot would call it that.

And more to the point, you want your commander bad chief to be so high on himself that he thinks he can do and say whatever he wants? Are you voting for King Trump?

As far as it all being lies, do you think this many women put themselves under the public microscope just to cost him the election? Let me guess, you probably think all of Cosby's accusers are probably just "gold digging whores" too. Or maybe "you can't rape your wife"?

As for poor Donald Trump's image, boo hoo. He's rich, white, says all the shit he's accused of believing and clearly doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks except in whether or not it will help him get elected. Why you care more about his well being than the average people who he has shit on, scammed, taken advantage of, bankrupted, disrespected or violated is beyond me. Sometimes it seems like people support Trump because they hope one day a little golden droplet of sweat will roll off his balls and into their mouth and suddenly they'll get to be a rich asshole too.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:38:12 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: October 14, 2016, 01:01:16 pm »

Texas isn't the reddest of red states, it's been purpling for decades now. That would be Idaho.

No doubt in a scant few decades we will finally see Texas attempt to secede from the United States so that it may form a Glorious People's Republic.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: October 14, 2016, 01:03:06 pm »

you want your commander bad chief
Preserved for all time.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: October 14, 2016, 01:03:34 pm »

... for what it's worth, nenj, fol's noted they have no intention of voting trump, and are in fact rather against him. Fol just thinks trump's fuckterrible character isn't worthy of consideration when judging a potential POTUS, or thereabouts.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: October 14, 2016, 01:04:05 pm »

https://xkcd.com/1357/
It's not illegal that he said gross things, but that's not much of a defense...  Especially for a presidential candidate.
(And that's without even assuming the allegations are true.  Which I don't assume, because this is America, though they do seem likely)
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 1249