Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1311345 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8025 on: October 21, 2016, 01:06:07 am »

Eehh... lot of the really expensive stuff you kinda' have to have exposure to to enjoy, from what I understand. If you've been eating discount steaks all your life a $100 one may taste rather off, ferex.

Though yeah, good food makes a helluva' difference. It doesn't necessarily have to be fancy or expensive or whathaveyou, just tailored to what you enjoy. Lotta' the stuff I personally cook regularly is objectively bad cooking but they just happen to be pretty much exactly what my tastebuds love. Which makes it nice. Only occasionally nice enough I'd consider maiming someone over it, but still generally an improvement to my day.

And yeah, I used to do more or less the same just eat live thing, to a degree (though only a degree; chunks of my family have always been pretty damn good cooks, so...). My reaction was to eventually start learning to cook (or at least prepare my meals so I liked them instead of just ate them, anyway), heh.
Good food makes a hell of a lot of a difference, yes. I personally really really like these things. That's why Trump is so nonsensical with his "taco trucks at every corner" scare attempt.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: October 21, 2016, 01:07:51 am »

I don't know anybody who is against taco trucks. Taco trucks are great.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: October 21, 2016, 01:08:50 am »

I don't know anybody who is against taco trucks. Taco trucks are great.

Maybe... he means Taco Trucks...

FROM TACO BELL!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:25:27 am by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: October 21, 2016, 01:09:50 am »

I'm sure the FDA or whathaveyou is against at least some taco trucks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: October 21, 2016, 01:10:09 am »

You delete that. No Taco Bell executive needs to be tempted with that kind of...atrocity.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: October 21, 2016, 02:16:14 am »

I don't usually have an appetite (I eat a lot, I just don't get the signals that are usually supposed to go through to indicate when I should eat), so I've gotten used to using taste as an approximation of how hungry I actually am physically. That and how much I bite my nails.

Lost 20 pounds over the summer before freshman year of high school cuz' of that. Didn't feel hungry, didn't bother getting up to eat...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: October 21, 2016, 02:26:37 am »

Remember that Australia is the rest of the world's Texas and it makes a lot more sense.
The nice thing about this election is it's produced a long-lasting litmus test. If someone says they liked Bernie and Trump, then I know they are an idiot or a troll, and either way aren't worth talking to.

Not really. I would have much preferred Bernie to win, and while I hate Trump, I hate him marginally less than Clinton. Hence, while I was a Sanders supporter, I am also now a Trump "supporter."

If Herr Trump actually wins I'm going to be laughing my ass off, because you brought it on yourselves by nominating the one person he could ever stand a chance against.
Please tell me you're a beautiful blonde haired hazel eyed surfer boy with a two-creams-one-sugar-coffee tan and lean pretty muscles, it would be awful to imagine you being this vapid otherwise.

No, I'm a beautiful ebony haired black eyed country boy with skin like the pale moon and lean flatness. I can't quite make up for my vapidness. =(

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: October 21, 2016, 02:30:33 am »

No, I'm a beautiful ebony haired black eyed country boy with skin like the pale moon and lean flatness. I can't quite make up for my vapidness. =(

Wait a minute... Jake + Edward...

Your Jakeward?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: October 21, 2016, 02:38:15 am »

I prefer Ed'ake, thank you very much.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: October 21, 2016, 02:42:59 am »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/10/20/amid-rigged-election-charges-russia-wants-monitor-us-vote/92456558/

Russia want to send monitors to the US vote. This election is now a giant forum troll-fest and we need Toady there ,it's the only way.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: October 21, 2016, 02:43:54 am »

Didn't Russia do this exact same thing in 2012?
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: October 21, 2016, 07:06:37 am »

Remember that Australia is the rest of the world's Texas and it makes a lot more sense.
The nice thing about this election is it's produced a long-lasting litmus test. If someone says they liked Bernie and Trump, then I know they are an idiot or a troll, and either way aren't worth talking to.

Not really. I would have much preferred Bernie to win, and while I hate Trump, I hate him marginally less than Clinton. Hence, while I was a Sanders supporter, I am also now a Trump "supporter."

If Herr Trump actually wins I'm going to be laughing my ass off, because you brought it on yourselves by nominating the one person he could ever stand a chance against.
Please tell me you're a beautiful blonde haired hazel eyed surfer boy with a two-creams-one-sugar-coffee tan and lean pretty muscles, it would be awful to imagine you being this vapid otherwise.

Imma calling you "Sparkles" from now on.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: October 21, 2016, 07:13:54 am »

Sam Harris offers a surprisingly unbiased stance on the whole thing of 'murican left essentialy turning themselves into one of the causes of everything they claim to despise, including making Trump into a possible presidential candidate.

My favorite bit is how he's actualy able to diferentiate what american liberals latch onto nowadays from classical liberalism, which has little if anything to do with what current day american left is pushing towards.

While I do disagree with Sam Harris on a shitton of things (I think global warming isn't fake, for one), he's actualy pretty sober about this.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:15:25 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: October 21, 2016, 07:27:26 am »

Yeah, cuz it's not like republicans made Trump possible.  Nope, it was democrats fault.  Just like everything that republicans did is the fault of those damn democrats.  They already blame democrats for their kneejerk opposition to Obamacare and their efforts to undermind social security and shot down the government.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:29:41 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: October 21, 2016, 07:35:25 am »

Yeah, cuz it's not like republicans made Trump possible.  Nope, it was democrats fault.  Just like everything that republicans did is the fault of those damn democrats.  They already blame democrats for their kneejerk opposition to Obamacare and their efforts to undermind social security and shot down the government.

If democrats were good, Trump wouldn't exist.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1249