Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1297385 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10380 on: November 09, 2016, 01:22:29 am »

So when Trump becomes president.

I am kind of hoping he completely messes the USA up... It is actually... something they desperately need to happen to them.

They need to have one of the most disastrous presidential results ever experienced in well over 100 years. It is the only way the USA will actually grow a pair and grow up.

Since a ineffectual presidency helps no one and a "effective presidency" would almost be a horror story to the world. "Turns out Banning Islam actually does protect the country from ISIS completely"
I could get behind this if ruining everything was shown to make people better and more mature rather than angrier and worse. Sadly, the reverse seems true, which is one reason we're in this mess to begin with: Angry people make poor decisions, which makes things worse, which makes them angrier.

That said, I wholeheartedly approve of Trump for the message I feel it sends to the major parties: People are sick of their shit and will vote in a vulgar celebrity over the party line if they're pushed far enough. It's a very similar concept, just with what I assume are more coherent, professional actors.

Again, people said the same things in an opposite slant about Obama. He never actually did most of it, and went completely the direction you'd expect on sending killbots to assassinate people he didn't like.
While true, obama also wasn't actually running on the platform they were saying he was, nor actually outright saying he was going to do those things. Most of their perception of 'im were distortions or outright lies. Trump kinda', y'know. Is. Running on those platforms and outright saying those things. The perception of him comes right from his mouth and his party's platform. Not really equivalent situations.
Yeah, but I don't see many people actually, intellectually believing Trump's going to do much of what he says, so I feel the analogy of unreasonable panic and/or loathing holds.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: November 09, 2016, 01:23:14 am »

At best Trump will be content to rubberstamp what the Republican Congress put on his desk, maybe even veto the most insane shit. At worst he will take a more active stance and do the shit he said since June '15.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: November 09, 2016, 01:23:23 am »

At least /k/ommandos will be happy, since they will have cheap Russian guns to use in incoming nuclear apocalypse.
Honestly I was thinking nuclear apocalypse would be more likely with Clinton, considering all her anti-Russia rhetoric and talking about implementing a no fly zone in Russia controlled Syria.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: November 09, 2016, 01:25:35 am »

Well, I voted in the primary and general elections.  My congressional picks were shoe-ins and both my presidential candidates lost (looks like), but I did it :(
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: November 09, 2016, 01:26:16 am »

Where are you guys watching live updates on this?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: November 09, 2016, 01:26:57 am »

Yknow, you brits have a whole bunch of candidates for things. Can we borrow one of them and pretend its trump? :P

Even if they're rubbish at it and technically can't do it for constitutional reasons, they'll be less shit than our likely idiot-in-chief.
I keep on offering Boris Johnson. He currently fails on the residency, and he currently thinks he's Foreign Secretary, but if you can pretend to him, and yourselves, next time he goes over and takes a nap that he's been asleep for 14 years then I'm sure nobody would mind.  Prime Minister May won't (and because we don't have term limits, it's somewhat believable that she'd still be in power after Rip Van Boris wakes up again), and I'm sure that everyone your side ofmthe Pond will positively love him...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: November 09, 2016, 01:27:09 am »

At least /k/ommandos will be happy, since they will have cheap Russian guns to use in incoming nuclear apocalypse.
Honestly I was thinking nuclear apocalypse would be more likely with Clinton, considering all her anti-Russia rhetoric and talking about implementing a no fly zone in Russia controlled Syria.
On the other hand, Trump supports nuclear proliferation, which would turn a good few more countries nuclear, increasing the risk of nuclear war in South-East Asia by quite a lot.
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10387 on: November 09, 2016, 01:28:38 am »

Clinton is sane, at worst you would get second Cold War, since Putin, while being basically a dictator, is sane too. Despite what some people here are saying, nobody in their right mind wants a nuclear war.
Trump literally asked why he can't just use nukes.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10388 on: November 09, 2016, 01:29:21 am »

The year is 2016.

Liberal President Barack Obama ends his term with high approval ratings, and is succeeded by insane demagogue Donald Trump.

With Conservatives sweeping into power in the House and Senate, and a Conservative Supreme Court, commentators are hailing it as the beginning of a new Conservative Era.

President Donald Trump has ask the new Congress to move quickly to rubber stamp his radical insane agenda. The left seems powerless to stop this imminent trampling of Liberal Sanity and Justice.

In this dark time, the Liberal Crime Squad is born...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: November 09, 2016, 01:29:45 am »

Yknow, you brits have a whole bunch of candidates for things. Can we borrow one of them and pretend its trump? :P

Even if they're rubbish at it and technically can't do it for constitutional reasons, they'll be less shit than our likely idiot-in-chief.

Give constitutional monarchy a go! Plenty of young princess in Europe and elsewhere to pick from.

Yes, I am plugging the crown a lot today, but I've been frightened into a strange radical-conservative comfort zone of mine.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: November 09, 2016, 01:30:09 am »

That said, I wholeheartedly approve of Trump for the message I feel it sends to the major parties: People are sick of their shit and will vote in a vulgar celebrity over the party line if they're pushed far enough. It's a very similar concept, just with what I assume are more coherent, professional actors.
Now if we could just get the stupid bastards to start voting something other than Republican or Democrat ... 

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: November 09, 2016, 01:30:40 am »

Clinton is sane, at worst you would get second Cold War, since Putin, while being basically a dictator, is sane too. Despite what some people here are saying, nobody in their right mind wants a nuclear war.
Trump literally asked why he can't just use nukes.

Stop.

I don.'think know how that'll make things better 'cause he's winning, but stop.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: November 09, 2016, 01:31:44 am »

The year is 2016.

Liberal President Barack Obama ends his term with high approval ratings, and is succeeded by insane demagogue Donald Trump.

With Conservatives sweeping into power in the House and Senate, and a Conservative Supreme Court, commentators are hailing it as the beginning of a new Conservative Era.

President Donald Trump has ask the new Congress to move quickly to rubber stamp his radical insane agenda. The left seems powerless to stop this imminent trampling of Liberal Sanity and Justice.

Why does it fit so well  :'(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: November 09, 2016, 01:31:55 am »

The year is 2016.

oh god

i can't even laugh

i'm scared
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: November 09, 2016, 01:32:28 am »

The year is 2016.

Please, I want to get off Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!! Do it to Mole! Do it to Moooole!!
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1249