Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1316261 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10395 on: November 09, 2016, 01:32:56 am »

Where are you guys watching live updates on this?
Here's what I'm using.

On the other hand, Trump supports nuclear proliferation, which would turn a good few more countries nuclear, increasing the risk of nuclear war in South-East Asia by quite a lot.
True. Nuclear weapons are supposed to be a good deterrent though, supposedly. Maybe. What other countries besides North Korea could be batshit crazy enough to seriously consider launching nukes?

And there's always the eternal question of "Will the politician follow through on what they said during election season?" Maybe nukes will not be proliferated.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: November 09, 2016, 01:33:52 am »

People thought Iran would launch nukes :P

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: November 09, 2016, 01:34:04 am »

Welp, 3rd parties made no progress whatsoever.  Our country continues to bitch and moan about how our candidates suck but refuses to do a damn thing about it.

One or the other were going to win this year, no matter what, but if 3rd parties got even 10% of the vote things would have started changing for the better, just from pressure for voting reform.  Fuck that I guess. 
GG, China, it's your turn at world leader status, we got our heads so far up our ass that we vote for candidates we hate just so the other asshole doesn't win, instead of having the balls to vote for someone we don't loathe.

No it's not the end of the country.  But we just lost our grip on the last foothold we had that had a chance of getting us back to the top of the mountain anytime soon.  Instead we seem to be perfectly happy to stay in this rut of the elections just being a case of choosing who you hate the least, for at least the next 4 years, and someone being in power we don't want for at least the majority of next decade.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: November 09, 2016, 01:34:49 am »

Be funny if people just voted Bernie to office anyway.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: November 09, 2016, 01:35:52 am »

The year is 2016.

Liberal President Barack Obama ends his term with high approval ratings, and is succeeded by insane demagogue Donald Trump.

With Conservatives sweeping into power in the House and Senate, and a Conservative Supreme Court, commentators are hailing it as the beginning of a new Conservative Era.

President Donald Trump has ask the new Congress to move quickly to rubber stamp his radical insane agenda. The left seems powerless to stop this imminent trampling of Liberal Sanity and Justice.

In this dark time, the Liberal Crime Squad is born...

Please, I want to get off Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!! Do it to Mole! Do it to Moooole!!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: November 09, 2016, 01:36:47 am »

Welp, 3rd parties made no progress whatsoever.  Our country continues to bitch and moan about how our candidates suck but refuses to do a damn thing about it.

One or the other were going to win this year, no matter what, but if 3rd parties got even 10% of the vote things would have started changing for the better, just from pressure for voting reform.  Fuck that I guess. 
GG, China, it's your turn at world leader status, we got our heads so far up our ass that we vote for candidates we hate just so the other asshole doesn't win, instead of having the balls to vote for someone we don't loathe.

No it's not the end of the country.  But we just lost our grip on the last foothold we had that had a chance of getting us back to the top of the mountain anytime soon.  Instead we seem to be perfectly happy to stay in this rut of the elections just being a case of choosing who you hate the least, for at least the next 4 years, and someone being in power we don't want for at least the majority of next decade.
I pretty much vote straight libertarian every election if for no other reason than it's not republican or democrat, and the more support 3rd parties get the better chance they have of actually winning anything.  I used to vote green, but it seems like libertarian has the better shot for "third place" now.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: November 09, 2016, 01:37:37 am »

Welp, 3rd parties made no progress whatsoever.
Look at how many of the close results (esp.  Florida) had more third+ party votes than the separation between the top two. I think they've potentially had a big effect on the result. Not sure if it's to their benefit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: November 09, 2016, 01:38:30 am »

The way I see it, people were voting against a candidate in record numbers, but Johnson happened to look like a more appealing alternative for the "oh god, not Trump" voters than Hillary, the lesson here is that Dems need to support weed?

You didn't get 3rd party to public funding, instead you get Trump, congratulations.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: November 09, 2016, 01:39:39 am »

The lesson is we need a better voting system.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: November 09, 2016, 01:39:59 am »

The year is 2016.

Liberal President Barack Obama ends his term with high approval ratings, and is succeeded by insane demagogue Donald Trump.

With Conservatives sweeping into power in the House and Senate, and a Conservative Supreme Court, commentators are hailing it as the beginning of a new Conservative Era.

President Donald Trump has ask the new Congress to move quickly to rubber stamp his radical insane agenda. The left seems powerless to stop this imminent trampling of Liberal Sanity and Justice.

In this dark time, the Liberal Crime Squad is born...

Please, I want to get off Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!! Do it to Mole! Do it to Moooole!!

Welp, 3rd parties made no progress whatsoever.

the problem is in the first pass the post
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: November 09, 2016, 01:40:28 am »

Trump has won Pennsylvania. First republican candidate since 1988, according to the Guardian.

It's pretty much over.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: November 09, 2016, 01:42:22 am »

At least /k/ommandos will be happy, since they will have cheap Russian guns to use in incoming nuclear apocalypse.
Honestly I was thinking nuclear apocalypse would be more likely with Clinton, considering all her anti-Russia rhetoric and talking about implementing a no fly zone in Russia controlled Syria.
On the other hand, Trump supports nuclear proliferation, which would turn a good few more countries nuclear, increasing the risk of nuclear war in South-East Asia by quite a lot.

Does not understanding, that your opponent has nukes, already make any full scale conflict pointless and promote diplomatical means? 
Like, nukes are probably the reason we did not have ww 3 yet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: November 09, 2016, 01:43:11 am »

Dosn't matter what 3rd party you wanted just a total 3rd party vote of more than just a sliver.  We needed enough third party voters for a candidate to seriously consider offering voting reform like a ranked voting system, to pull in their vote next election cycle.   We did not.  No candidate is going to risk angering their party for what is it now, 1% of the vote?

We can try again in 4 years.  Which means the earliest hope for any change actually happening to start un-fucking this country is 8 years from now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:45:11 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: November 09, 2016, 01:43:34 am »

Well here we go. Now to see how much progress he can undo.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: November 09, 2016, 01:43:38 am »

You are right. The Ride.... Never Ends...

Dear me. Well. Right. I think I'll catch a few hours, and go get Dwarven medicine. The ride must go on. Let's see what other delights awaits. Maybe a hunt-exotic-wildlife-to-extinction-to-spite-environmental sympathisers act?

It isn't even a suprise. It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1249