Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Automaton playable race?  (Read 906 times)

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Automaton playable race?
« on: July 07, 2016, 11:05:28 pm »

Would it be possible to make this a playable civ, perhaps after all of the queued up ones are made?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Re: Automaton playable race?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 02:07:38 am »

Automatons are no longer part of masterwork, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Saying that, only Meph can know if he's gonna add more races. Maybe if someone else made them, they could be added as an additional mod?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 02:59:20 am »

Automatons are so different that they would be best made as a total conversion, since they would eat/drink fairly strange materials, like electricity or oil to run. SPECIFIC_FOOD sadly does not work on intelligent civ members, so that would be a tricky thing to do.

There was a dwemer fortress mod somewhere, but I'm not sure if its updated.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 07:19:04 am »

TESmod os on my to do list. At any rate, id immobile creatures and out of combat intelligent creatures still used interactions, you could use something like the pylons of old warlocks instead of food and booze as a power source, with maluses applied if not in range.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 07:49:20 am »

As far as I know, immobile creatures no longer use interactions... I did not know about the INTELLIGENT part, does that 'fix' it?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 08:05:58 am »

No idea if immobile intelligents use interactions, but mobile ones will only interact in combat because reasons.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?