Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I keep Crashing halp b0ss plez  (Read 1025 times)

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I keep Crashing halp b0ss plez
« on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:17 am »

My game keeps on crashing for some reason, it is always at the exact same moment.

I am playing on Dwarf Mode, there's a River near my Fort and I have 17 Dwarves with a 5 Man Milithia, one of them has Iron Plate armor and the rest have Leather Armor
I have TWBT on,
I turned off TESB.
I have Auto-Save on Seasonal
No decaying, Standardized Everything but wood. And everything else on but Random Creatures.
I also turned on every Civ available+Fortress Defense

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I keep Crashing halp b0ss plez
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 11:36:18 am »

Hi Gotham123, thanks for the bug report.  You gave us a lot of important info but I predict Meph will ask for a little more when he comes around.  Here's a copy of a cute post by Dirst, another DF Modder, explaining the elements of an ideal bug report. 

Here's something to keep in mind when reporting a problem with a mod or tool:

• U see or do something just as the crash appeared?  ("Display corrupted when I designated a new uniform")
  • Read anything in the logs?  DF keeps gamelog.txt and errorlog.txt, while DFHack keeps stdout.log and stderr.log. ("Last thing in the DFHack error log was launching the FOO script.")
  • Instructions just issued of just followed? ("Game locked up when a new floor tile was completed.")
  • Saved games can be very helpful, so try to keep a copy of your save folder handy in case someone asks you to upload it.  This is best if it's shortly before the error and you know what will reliably cause it to happen.
  • Tricks to avoid the error? The difference between the error and not-error conditions can be telling.  ("The game crashes when clothing made of [modded material] burns or leaves the screen with a caravan, but not if it's atom-smashed.")

I'm sure the acronym was a complete coincidence :)

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 03:08:11 pm »

Okay!, thanks for the Info Daisha. here's a more updated version

U: My game just suddenly freezes and after a couple seconds my screen turns white and a box that says that it stopped working appears.
R: Sorry I didn't
I: I built a couple levers for a Well. I built a Hospital and a Burial Chamber, I added a extra Soldier for my Milthia and gave my leader some Iron Plate Armor. I dunno if this has anything to do with this crash
S:I dunno how to give a save file.
T: I'm gonna play on a different world for now just incase it's something with the world I'm playing in

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 04:05:32 pm »

sounds like that historical figure is ending games again >: (

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 04:15:14 pm »

my world is 5 years old too.

PS: Oi Fairin, what do you mean by Historical Figure?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 04:20:07 pm »

In older version of DF a bug called Nemesis bug existed, a historical figure, like a noble, diplomat, etc, had some corrupt entries. As soon as they appeared on the map, the game just crashed.

Could you upload the save and tell me how long it takes till it crashes? I can try a few things.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 04:45:29 pm »

S:I dunno how to give a save file.
Go to your df folder, then the data folder in it. Inside will be a bunch more folders, including one called save. Open that and your save (usually called world 1, though you may need to check) folder will be there. Put that into a compressed file (.zip, .rar, .7z) and upload it to dffd. Then post the link here.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jazerus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 11:24:23 pm »

Did you run Large Address Aware on your dwarffortress.exe? I always run into crashes very early if I've forgotten to do so.

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 09:14:28 pm »

Goddarnit, I'm so freaken sorry so many things came up and I couldn't get onto a computer. heres the link http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12245