Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot (See release thread)  (Read 10136 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot (Test version #9 up now!)
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2016, 12:49:29 pm »

Well, there is syndrome trickery now! Drinking unpurified water is now actively bad for you, and if your settlers do it long enough they can actually fall unconscious for a little while. Try not to drink the water...

I am still not sure if I will do another testing version after this or if I will go straight to a stable version, mostly it depends on how fast the remaining testing goes... The current focus is on the lho bug, but I still have a fairly long list of stuff to test after I get that working.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2016, 01:41:02 pm »

Ah, I see you added that in A3. I was mostly skimming your telease notes and completely missed that :S

Arven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2016, 05:01:21 pm »

I think Lho has been broken for a while, the problem you are describing is what I thought I was seeing but couldn't confirm in A7. I've never actually successfully made Lho sticks this entire time, either my crop disappeared or the reaction was broken the whole time.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2016, 06:16:13 pm »

It would be possible to do syndrome trickery with the old water system anyway by tying syndromes to the alcohol (how long without) counter.

I'll try to take a look at the lho, but the stuff you posted on the help threads looks fine.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. Your plant has no growths. Take a look at the spinach in vanilla DF:
Code: [Select]
[PLANT:SPINACH] spinacia oleracea
[NAME:spinach][NAME_PLURAL:spinach][ADJ:spinach]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:58][PICKED_COLOR:2:0:0]
[DRY][BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE]
[VALUE:2]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEAF:LEAF_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:GREEN]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:2:0:0]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[STOCKPILE_PLANT_GROWTH]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FLOWER:FLOWER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:YELLOW_GREEN]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:6:0:1]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[SEED:spinach seed:spinach seeds:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[FREQUENCY:50]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[PREFSTRING:leaves]
[GROWTH:LEAVES]
[GROWTH_NAME:spinach leaf:spinach leaves]
[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF]
[GROWTH_DENSITY:1000]
[GROWTH_PRINT:0:6:2:0:0:ALL:1]
[GROWTH:FLOWERS]
[GROWTH_NAME:spinach flower:STP]
[GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:FLOWER]
[GROWTH_DENSITY:1000]
[GROWTH_TIMING:60000:119999]
[GROWTH_PRINT:5:5:6:0:1:60000:119999:2]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:22:49 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2016, 04:33:33 pm »

The molded flak plate (and probably the molded carapace plate) reactions in the Alchymical Lab do not work, the reaction wants "Plastic" and plastic logs do not work.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2016, 11:30:03 am »

I think Lho has been broken for a while, the problem you are describing is what I thought I was seeing but couldn't confirm in A7. I've never actually successfully made Lho sticks this entire time, either my crop disappeared or the reaction was broken the whole time.

You are correct, I don't know why I didn't test it immediately after you reported problems.

I think I figured it out. Your plant has no growths.

No growths is fine, look at the old underground plants, most of them don't have any growths. It turns out that the problem is a DF bug, details in the help thread (and on the bug tracker in a minute or two).

The molded flak plate (and probably the molded carapace plate) reactions in the Alchymical Lab do not work, the reaction wants "Plastic" and plastic logs do not work.

OK, I hadn't tested that yet, I'll make sure to fix it for next version.

Current known bugs (fixed for next version) are:

* Lho
* Dyeing cloth/thread
* (at least one other thing I can't think of at the moment)

Next version won't be available until I finish testing everything, so expect it next week sometime...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Trotskisaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2016, 04:51:12 am »

This is brilliant news! I thought this mod had died, this is great news; fired it up and it seems to work really well too (stable on my computer)

I was just wondering, in the original version there were tiles that couldn't be dug or removed, it made sense themically but made planning a base a nightmare, have you got rid of that or are you reintroducing it in another form?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2016, 01:39:41 pm »

Undiggable soil is gone, and won't be coming back. For one thing it was an annoying PITA, for another there are bugs with undiggable stones.

I sat down and tested everything, one piece at a time, so I am sure everything works now. I have decided the time has come to declare this stable!

All further work and discussion will take place in the release thread (which I am going to create right now).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]