Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whence from here?

I'm not in a hurry; we're bound to find a sucker replacement eventually.
- 1 (20%)
Onward, even if we have a shambling zombie nation!
- 0 (0%)
Let it end, oh please let it end!
- 4 (80%)
You say you need a sucker replacement? Well, I AM that sucker replacement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 22: Even Worstester Things: called due to Foul weather  (Read 24941 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In addition to what indies (and mercs) are there to fight and recruit, it also weighs on the probabilities of getting higher-tech national units. With FS it won't make as huge of a difference as with some, but it would make a difference, and possibly a big one with any secondary race troops floating around.

I'd lean EA or MA.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All righty-dighty, here we go. Since I'm jumping the gun (thus sparing me any temptation to feel obligated to add size-1 FS and push a 0.6.15 release), if anyone finds this batch absolutely too noxious, we can do a mulligan, but this is our MA, so scraping it would limit us to LA or EA (arbitrary rules are arbitrary). As the individual responsible for generating this filth, I will studiously voice no opinion.

Spoiler: Desert of Dust (MA) (click to show/hide)

A thousand words paint a picture: http://pastebin.com/Wwu7nsvn

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there some way to tell how good a unit is/might be when it says stuff like "Becomes unit of montag 1002 when recruited, wasteunit and Ranged unit?"

In any case, I have no objections.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wasteunit" and things like that mean the unit has waste survival and waste-themed names, or whatever applies in that case. As for montags, at the end of each nation listing in the Advanced Description link, there's a list of montag units for that nation; upon recruitment, the template unit (whose gcost and rcost are averages of all the prices of units with that montag montag) will be permanently replaced with one of the units with that montag chosen at random. E.g.:

Spoiler: Montag 1002 (click to show/hide)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which one am I?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Third. Same order as everyone's listed in the first post/alphabetical. So yes, you're the filthy wretch who pulled Vanir as your secondary race/national PD.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:32:01 pm by E. Albright »

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile

Oh Halder is a foul-up nation indeed.
Air and blood, such excellent fusion. Zebulon preserve me.

Well let's look at their sacreds, average priests, not too bad air specialized wizards.
Light infantry sacreds. I anticipate so many of them dying.
National spells...nothing. I've been gipped! I want a recount! Other nations get special spells like...

Charbad
National spells:
--------------
Herd of Elephants, Orgy

You know what I think I dodged a bullet I'm okay with no national spells I don't want any.

Hey E. Albright, is there a way to see on that page if a priest can blood sacrifice? No reason.
Also a large number of infantry has venomous fangs/touch of leprosy/sleep/etc so they're going to do horrible, horrible things to each other fighting.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

National traits like blood sac get listed in the nation header in the advanced description file that I linked; no sac (or reanimation) nations in this batch.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

upon recruitment, the template unit (whose gcost and rcost are averages of all the prices of units with that montag montag) will be permanently replaced with one of the units with that montag chosen at random. E.g.:

So the template Arch Smothering Disciple has 2 holy levels (and its cost probably reflects that), but since none of the montags do, I won't actually get those, right?

Also, anywhere I can see my cap gem income?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:38:41 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking through my stuff:
Top tier mages claim to have H2, but the things they transform into don't.
There's a thing that has a mount but it doesn't say what it is (search for "  mount" to find it).

Edit: Whoops, I think that's Puzzle's stuff. Either way, still things that are issues.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:15:47 pm by Mini »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karlito: Cap income is the major magic types for the nation. It's MA, so around 5 total - yours is 2 ruby and 3 garnet.

Karlito/Mini: And as far as magic goes, don't pay too much attention to the montag mages' paths. The transformation is a firstshape, so the target shape's paths are irrelevant. The template mage's paths are carried over when it changes form to its final shape, so your T3 mages do indeed have H2.

W/o looking, I'm guessing an unspecified mount would be some sort of centauroid unit.

It would be nice if I could get a yay or nay from all players; if we're good with this I'll go ahead and post the mod and we can start squabbling over maps and such.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe they're waiting for the mod so they can try and fail to look at their units in the dom4 mod inspector. :V

Edit: I've come up with a sort of plan, but it's the kind of plan one comes up with out of desperation when one realizes that one's nation has weak troops, weak cavalry, weak sacreds, weak mages*, weak priests, weak tea...

* More like expensive gambles, except the 70G one. None of them can cast the national spell of course. :3
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:34:12 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FWIW, the Mod Inspector contributor who added multi-criteria searching has stated their intention to add montag unit support. That doesn't help anyone NOW, ofc.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, I'm belburg.  Can't really get a feel for it unless I look at in in-game honestly.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Btw, in the text description file, the montag 1041 units all say they are sacred, but the general unit description doesn't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14