Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whence from here?

I'm not in a hurry; we're bound to find a sucker replacement eventually.
- 1 (20%)
Onward, even if we have a shambling zombie nation!
- 0 (0%)
Let it end, oh please let it end!
- 4 (80%)
You say you need a sucker replacement? Well, I AM that sucker replacement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 22: Even Worstester Things: called due to Foul weather  (Read 24955 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All right, all right. I was trying to avoid having the players who get a vote (i.e., not me) from getting nitpicky details on the nations before deciding if we wanted to go with them, but that's not the end of the world and we seem to be fairly favorable towards this mess. So:

REVISED LINK:

https://mega.nz/#!rJ0A3LDC!z6lvfybOjuCKgU7xCSy3cm_UgnnrCkKkFcjqEgKi7OM
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:24:12 pm by E. Albright »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of the fun of this sort of thing is just taking whatever terrible thing you've got and working with it, so I vote yes (though from the description file, I think what I have is decidedly less terrible than what some others got, so...)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... Death and Blood magic with some (very) minor Water/Fire. Pro: 55g mage gives +15 resources. Pro(?): Income of 5 death gems/turn - so going to have plenty of those available. Slow to recruit on the big mages, although 25% will have Blood:4 and an additional 10%/4 have Blood:5 to start, which is pretty awesome. Castle PD seems pretty strong.

Starting commander is trash - enough so that I'll have a hard decision if I want to delay getting picking a prophet by a turn so I can pick up one of my (exceptional) flying chieftains or (I fight from the back!) tiny tentacle'd 'champion's.

My sacreds are definitely a mixed bag - one of them has awe... but is only armed with a dagger; another has 3 HtH attacks and is ambidextrous. Everyone's got a ranged weapon, although most of those are sticks and stones.

Foulspawn Ogres seem interesting/strong, although at least one of them about 50% of them are undisciplined.

Foulspawn Cavalry is a real gamble - 30g/10r gets you anywhere from a 1 damage tiny tentacle and hoof attack to a 10 point magic life drain attack to a flying centaur with hoof/venomous fangs/light lance.

Foulspawn infantry is a shit show - everything from 1/3 movement to flyers. Probably need to recruit for several turns running, then form different armies depending on what shows up.

Foulspawn bowmen has some good stuff in there - longbows, composite bows, and even light x-bows, although movement is mixed 1/2.

Overall - seems not horrible! It'll make life interesting.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:37:58 pm by AlStar »

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile

I'm okay with my nation. They suck but that came with the territory. I just want to give them a try before the actual game starts.

I'm just disappointed they are so bland. Foulspawns, two bear cavalry, bows and Oriental humans.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to propose Snerdryn for the map. 117+19. The 19 might seem high for no outright amphibious nations, but I'm pretty sure we all have a few amphibious national troops even if they're not exactly common.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

What next? Round 23: It can't get worse then this? Round 24: It got worse? Round 25: Eagerly seeking the bottom?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, unless I make a hoburg Foulspawn variant, I'm not sure we'd have the hype to back any further superlatives. Admittedly, I've thought that before...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to propose Snerdryn for the map. 117+19. The 19 might seem high for no outright amphibious nations, but I'm pretty sure we all have a few amphibious national troops even if they're not exactly common.
There's some (well, at least one) commander with sailing, so some water makes things interesting. Seems to be around the right size for 8 anyway.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Well, unless I make a hoburg Foulspawn variant, I'm not sure we'd have the hype to back any further superlatives. Admittedly, I've thought that before...
What next, werehoburgs?

Also, have you managed to make aquatic nations yet? An all aquatic game would have hype.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No objections.

P.S. One of my foulspawn is a wereeagle or something.

Perhaps the next game will be circus-themed. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thoughts on thrones? 16+8+0/17 to win?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thoughts on thrones? 16+8+0/17 to win?
Is that going by number of thrones, or number of points? (16 1-pointers, 8 2-pointers or 16 1-pointers, 4 2-pointers?)

Either way would be fine by me.

The map proposed before looks fine too, btw.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it just me or is there massive variations in the types of assault (weapons, claws, tentacles, crossbows, spit, fire) and utility of foulspawn, but somewhat less variations in defence skills (i.e. resistance to elements, just high defence, shields, astral shields, fire shields, etc?)?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, these guys aren't sacred when I recruit them...

- Sacreds:
** Hell Follower (Foulspawn), 35g, 6r, Sting, Venomous Bite, Pincer, Furs, Half Helmet.
--- Has montag 1041, strong, can enter berserker rage and Infantry elite
** Tainted Avenger (Foulspawn), 21g, 3r, Weak Bite, Paralyze, Tail Slap, Leather Hauberk, Leather Cap, Buckler.
--- Has montag 1041, can shapeshift into a hawk, castlemaster and Infantry elite
** Primal Avenger (Foulspawn), 29g, 30r, Trident, Chain Mail Hauberk, Crested Helmet, Shield.
--- Has montag 1041, can enter berserker rage and Infantry elite
** Sentinel of Rock (Foulspawn), 10g, 8r, Strangulation, Javelin, Scale Mail Cuirass, Leather Cap, Buckler.
--- Has montag 1041, patrol and Infantry elite
** Avenging Sentinel (Foulspawn), 30g, 7r, Bite, Machaka Spear, Furs, Leather Cap, Buckler.
--- Has montag 1041, castlemaster and Infantry elite

Apparently my only actual sacred is a 40g lizard with 9 defense, 8 body protection, and no shield. :(
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that's an oversight on the montag unit labeling; elites and sacreds fall under the heading of "sacreds" internally rather than "elites", so the montag descriptions label the section as such. You have elites, not sacreds; sacreds have "Sacred" as the first attribute in their advanced description.

If you can't stand the thought of non-foul sacreds we can either do a full re-roll or just tweak your seed. Or I suppose I could manually edit your elites to be sacreds, and your sacred to be elite. That would probably be the easiest solution, come to think of it...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:23:11 pm by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14