Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: AdHoc government  (Read 2176 times)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
AdHoc government
« on: July 08, 2016, 03:29:54 am »

Make an AdHoc government.
Any player may make new rules at any time as long as the Ruleset allows for such things.
If a player does not like a current rule then said player may make an amendment, make a new rule that overrules said rule or may be clever and rules lawyer their way past it.
As this OP will probably not be updated anytime soon players are advised to keep track of rules on their own.
Holy wars about which Ruleset is the real Ruleset are not only allowed under the current Ruleset, they are encouraged and advised.
Players must obey all rules in the way they are written.
Players may give each other titles.
Players must be referred to by their titles.
Players may elect a king.
Players may inherit the position of president.
The rules do not have to make sense or be logical.
All rules must be followed to the letter.
Failure to follow rules will be punished by a firing squad made of kittens.
Most important rule:
Do not take the game too seriously; I probably won't, I mean, one could just look at the OP.
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AdHoc government
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 03:39:21 am »

It's called an adhocracy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhocracy)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 04:04:49 am »

It's called an adhocracy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhocracy)
Ah, yes, form one of these.
If you manage to turn it into a bureaucratic government then I will not say you are doing it wrong.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 05:36:05 am »

Do not use the word rule and any other form of it.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 06:09:31 am »

Do not use the word rule and any other form of it.
Alright.
From now on all things are banables and allowedables.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 07:58:35 am »

The currency of the government is the International Banana Dollar (IBD for short). Every user starts with 3 IBDs. IBDs can be spent to buy bananas at 1:1.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:29:00 am »

If two banables and/or allowedables conflict with each other, the one using fancier words will invalidate the other.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:08:36 am by taat »
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 01:24:51 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 08:35:47 am »

All products of the nature associated with Musaceae are hereby subject to a tax in percentage of 5% value in IBD, or in the case of bulk items, 5% percent of the items.

For the laymen: all banana-related products are taxed at 5%
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 08:52:27 am »

Any member of bay12 who's username starts with s and ends with f, does not have to pay taxes.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 09:11:06 am »

Any member of bay12 who's username starts with s and ends with f, does not have to pay taxes.

Any sapient personage that is part of the organization of 'Bay12' and their registered username contains the letters 's' and 'f' is exempt from taxation of all sorts.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 10:44:02 am »

the fanciness of a word is measured by summing up the numbers corresponding to the position of each of its letters in the alphabet then multiplying it by the cubic root of the number obtained by reinterpreting every o, ó ör ò of the word as a 0 and every l, i or d as a 1, which when read out aloud and ignoring all other characters should spell a binary number that should be interpreted in complement for 2. the relationship between the value obtained and the fanciness of said word is one of rereversed correlation

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 04:49:24 pm »

All taxes will be paid to the 1st Central Bank of Adhoc, managed by me. Members of the Adhocracy may deposit funds into the bank for an interest rate of 1% every 5 posts, starting 20 posts after this posts.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 04:53:15 pm »

From this point on nobody may exempt themselves from taxes.

EDIT: From this point on nobody may add additional B/As exempting anyone or anything from taxation.

Banable /Allowable List (Put this at the bottom of your posts.)

Creator - B/A

1. snow dwarf - Do not use the word rule and any other form of it.

2. Tomasque - The currency of the government is the International Banana Dollar (IBD for short). Every user starts with 3 IBDs. IBDs can be spent to buy bananas at 1:1.

3.  Taat - If two banables and/or allowedables conflict with each other, the one using fancier words will invalidate the other.

4. Gwolfski - All products of the nature associated with Musaceae are hereby subject to a tax in percentage of 5% value in IBD, or in the case of bulk items, 5% percent of the items.

For the laymen: all banana-related products are taxed at 5%

5. snow dwarf - Any member of bay12 who's username starts with s and ends with f, does not have to pay taxes.

6. Askot Bokbondeler - the fanciness of a word is measured by summing up the numbers corresponding to the position of each of its letters in the alphabet then multiplying it by the cubic root of the number obtained by reinterpreting every o, ó ör ò of the word as a 0 and every l, i or d as a 1, which when read out aloud and ignoring all other characters should spell a binary number that should be interpreted in complement for 2. the relationship between the value obtained and the fanciness of said word is one of rereversed correlation

7. Vivalas - All taxes will be paid to the 1st Central Bank of Adhoc, managed by me. Members of the Adhocracy may deposit funds into the bank for an interest rate of 1% every 5 posts, starting 20 posts after this posts.

8. Vivalas - EDIT: From this point on nobody may add additional B/As exempting anyone or anything from taxation.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:58:12 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 04:55:14 pm »

[
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

you missed this, and did soemone actually try the fanciness protocol?
Pages: [1] 2 3