Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Six Ages/King of Dragon Pass  (Read 28187 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Six Ages/King of Dragon Pass
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2018, 11:41:50 am »

Lol, I can't wait to see all the different ways the Orlanthi were xenophobic towards us.  KoDP was full of hints that the Orlanthi were villains in everyone else's stories.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2018, 02:59:55 am »

ptw
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

alakoring

• Bay Watcher
  • Developer of King of Dragon Pass and Six Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2019, 10:10:01 pm »

You have less than 2 days to wait—releases 17 October on Steam and GOG.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2019, 11:54:24 pm »

Good to know. Thanks!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2019, 10:51:18 am »

Time to get hype for the "real" release.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2019, 02:33:19 pm »

At last!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2019, 05:56:05 pm »

After seeing we got less than 24 hours to release, I went and finally, finally finished a long campaign of King of Dragon Pass. Much save-scumming was had at the end, because that damn dwarf kept shooting my king, but I feel ready for Six Ages now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2019, 11:26:07 pm »

So I've got to ask.....

Why is the Steam version twice the price of what it costs on the App store? The DLC Music costs the same as the actual game on a different device.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2019, 08:22:33 am »

So I've got to ask.....

Why is the Steam version twice the price of what it costs on the App store? The DLC Music costs the same as the actual game on a different device.

Generally it's just accepted practice that mobile games even if they're the same content tend to be cheaper than their PC brethren. Almost all ports do even when the content is 100% the same, (look at Stardew Valley, Star Traders: Frontiers, etc.).

Companies have to price their games cheaper in the app environment (though the trend seems to be changing slowly) to get noticed in a field where 90% of the most popular games are free/ad supported. Who's going to pay $20 for a game on the app store, when I can get 20 games for a buck each? They hope they can make up the difference with volume :)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2019, 09:05:49 am »

Yes, I've noticed the trend. That doesn't stop it from feeling somewhat like PC users get gouged simply because we will pay more / people buying on Steam don't realize they're buying a direct port of a mobile game.

I'm consulting the council on whether now is an auspicious time to buy the game or not.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2019, 10:27:41 am »

Imagine how console players must feel when they look at pc games. :P

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2019, 07:53:28 pm »

Hopefully they'll add fullscreen/resolution settings. The game is basically unplayable right now on a high res monitor: the interface is *giant.* I feel like I'd need to be sitting 6 feet away from my monitor to comfortably navigate this UI. KoDP had the same issue, but included a windowed mode which meant you could view the game at a reasonable DPI. Like, here, this is what the game looks like at 1440p: https://i.imgur.com/H8VsFUl.png
Would've been nice if, with the whole doubling-of-price-for-PC they found a way to fit a bit more information onto one screen, but, well, what can you do...

JanPospisil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2019, 08:11:53 am »

Hopefully they'll add fullscreen/resolution settings. The game is basically unplayable right now on a high res monitor: the interface is *giant.* I feel like I'd need to be sitting 6 feet away from my monitor to comfortably navigate this UI. KoDP had the same issue, but included a windowed mode which meant you could view the game at a reasonable DPI. Like, here, this is what the game looks like at 1440p: https://i.imgur.com/H8VsFUl.png
Would've been nice if, with the whole doubling-of-price-for-PC they found a way to fit a bit more information onto one screen, but, well, what can you do...

Hi,

if you press ALT during launch of the game, you'll get an options menu where you can choose resolution. In your case I think running in a window might work the best.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2019, 04:44:01 am »

(I don't know if this is old news, but anyway..)

Due to the talk about Six Ages I downloaded King of Dragon Pass (from GOG) again to have a go at it, and as far as I can see, then they have implemented the new UI completely there as well. :-)
:-)
All apparently done by the developer for free.

Now I feel like buying Six Ages before I'm ready to play it just to support such a cool developer.

My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2019, 04:54:10 am »

Glad to see this is finally getting a "real" release. Hopefully this lays the foundation for the future installments coming out either concurrently or much more quickly on PC.
So I've got to ask.....

Gotta give Tanya Kitfox her cut :^)
Not to mention Gaben, and paying for the extra dev time I guess, although from that latter perspective I have to question the wisdom of doing iOS at all.

Hi,

if you press ALT during launch of the game, you'll get an options menu where you can choose resolution. In your case I think running in a window might work the best.
This definitely ought to be in the options menu, or at least mentioned in the tutorial. I don't know how I would have found out without you telling us, and with the UI behaving like it does, this is pretty necessary information on some setups.

(I don't know if this is old news, but anyway..)

Due to the talk about Six Ages I downloaded King of Dragon Pass (from GOG) again to have a go at it, and as far as I can see, then they have implemented the new UI completely there as well. :-)
:-)
All apparently done by the developer for free.

Now I feel like buying Six Ages before I'm ready to play it just to support such a cool developer.
That's hardly a matter of pure developer goodwill, though. You're not looking at the original game. That's the PC port of the iOS port of the original game. The phone/tablet UI was added in the first of those two ports because the PC interface didn't work on touchscreens, and the second port didn't change the UI presumably because it was easier and they figured it worked well enough despite being less aesthetically suitable.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10