Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Update 1.09 - 43.03 (No TWBT), Human balancing/fixes, Succubus balancing/fixes  (Read 17014 times)

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile

started aventure mode and creating human with skills, archer skill is listed twice
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

started aventure mode and creating human with skills, archer skill is listed twice
Thanks, fixed it.

One was CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:BOWMAN the other was CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:RANGED_COMBAT, both had Archer as name, because it fits. Now its Bowman and Archer.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile

i noticed there are now classes for the human, do they have an impact on gameplay or are they just cool names in adv mode
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The castes where there before. The have natural skills or higher skill learn rates.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If i try to use the "startdwarf" script in dfhack before embark.

E: RuntimeError: ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:15: too low
 ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:15
 (eval):5:in `load'
 (eval):5
 (eval):5:in `catch'
 (eval):5

I also tryed the "dwarves" script which seems to do the same, also doesn't work, but doesn't bring an errormessage either.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:32:52 am by LordNippes »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Getting a weird crash in Spring of year 2 when the goblins come to trade (playing orcs). Not sure what's doing it because each time it happens at a different point. Also the Shaggy Mumaks are intelligent now, but I'll report that in the orc thread.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Getting a weird crash in Spring of year 2 when the goblins come to trade (playing orcs). Not sure what's doing it because each time it happens at a different point. Also the Shaggy Mumaks are intelligent now, but I'll report that in the orc thread.

Sounds like Meph and Boltgun know the cause of the intelligent creatures being a new succubus script.   

I wonder if the goblin trader crash is related, like if DFHack meddling with already-intelligent troll pets is more problematic than with animals.  That's total speculation though.  Save games are helpful for repeatable crashes, otherwise there's not much we can do to investigate.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

How I love dfhack scripts that just affect about everything instead of what they should :P

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Another thing before I forget, is there an easy way to increase the amount of savagery in the custom maps? It kind of sucks embarking into a dense forest with a pack of orcs and only seeing pangolins for the next year and a half. Where's me giant lions? :P

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

How I love dfhack scripts that just affect about everything instead of what they should :P
Are you sure you followed all of the steps in the documentation?  The computer screen must be facing east toward a full moon, the keyboard must be made of either dog or deer bones, and player has to actually wear the ceremonial black robe.  Can't just have it folded nearby.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another thing before I forget, is there an easy way to increase the amount of savagery in the custom maps? It kind of sucks embarking into a dense forest with a pack of orcs and only seeing pangolins for the next year and a half. Where's me giant lions? :P

This is what the utility Perfect World is for, but the learning curve on that one is a little steep.  There are some perfect world presets included with MWDF, but none is specifically a high-savagery map (indeed, too much savagery is hard to get civs to even place at worldgen, much less survive history.)  Some do offer predictable savagery, though.  For instance, the "garden of gaia" intro map has high savagery at the periphery and low savagery around the central lake.  You can find info on all the custom maps in the Manual.html file in the root directory of the masterwork zip file, under "Welcome to MDF!" -> Choosing a World.

Jazerus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Currently, large bone pots are pretty useless because they are absorptive; they can't be used for food or drink, and using them for other tasks risks clogging your still and kitchen with pots that they can't use but will never move from their stockpile, as you can't specify materials for pots in a stockpile.

I've made a personal change that I thought I'd suggest; adding [CAN_GLAZE] to bone makes them work like clay pots, requiring a glaze. They function perfectly after glazing for all uses, from my testing. This doesn't make complete real-world sense as bone chars at a lower temperature than a glaze is applied at, but even if you don't make them glazeable as such, some kind of reaction to seal bone pots would be very useful as they fill the same low-weight container niche as wicker bins.

Tonami

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

really enjoying playing masterwork DF again :)
But i found something where i don't know if it's intentional or not. Playing with my human fort i wanted to buy a pair of dogs from the pet merchant, but when i bought them i got 2 named wild(untamed) dogs running wild in my base. They where quickly put down by my guard b4 i even realised it.
Do i need to have a cage ready? and why are they named?

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I make elves use the K33N sprites? I don't know what texture pack to use.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

RedKef

• Escaped Lunatic
  • It has exterior ribs and undulates rhythmically.
    • View Profile

Heya Meph. Just wanted to report that my grazers are starving to death despite eating massive quantities of grass. In fact, 2 yaks/horses/whatever seem to clear a 31x31 pasture in a few minutes. Graze coefficient is set to default.

also, level 3 cavern moss seems to grow floor tiles as if they were grass once you break through. Don't know if it's related.
Ex Vestigus
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4