Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Update 1.09 - 43.03 (No TWBT), Human balancing/fixes, Succubus balancing/fixes  (Read 17070 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

really enjoying playing masterwork DF again :)
But i found something where i don't know if it's intentional or not. Playing with my human fort i wanted to buy a pair of dogs from the pet merchant, but when i bought them i got 2 named wild(untamed) dogs running wild in my base. They where quickly put down by my guard b4 i even realised it.
Do i need to have a cage ready? and why are they named?

I'll fix this asap, this is caused by the script that fix intelligent pets and it breaks a lot of other stuff.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heya Meph. Just wanted to report that my grazers are starving to death despite eating massive quantities of grass. In fact, 2 yaks/horses/whatever seem to clear a 31x31 pasture in a few minutes. Graze coefficient is set to default.

There's your problem.  Try 9999.  Grazing is a very poorly balanced mechanic from vanilla.  Larger creatures and restricted diet (pandas) simply can't feed themselves on any size pasture.

windalu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey there folks, I think there is something wrong with the "standardized stuff" settings in this version, I'm getting animal-named leather and meat (playing orcs, have not tried if it is the same with other civs).

Deinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a bug about kobolds? I recall someone else complaining on a different website about kobolds not being playable, and sure enough they're generated and enabled but they're not on the playable list. I remember them being so in .34 Masterwork, but they don't show up on the list.

Does it have something to do with cave civilizations? In vanilla I tried to mod it so civilizations could live in caves, and for example the text file said elven civs were still around and in caves, but they didn't show up as trading partners or as an available PC race adventurer choice. Thoughts?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, its because they are in caves and skulking. You can play them without problem if you turn of the other races. Just uncheck the "fort mode" button for those.

hey there folks, I think there is something wrong with the "standardized stuff" settings in this version, I'm getting animal-named leather and meat (playing orcs, have not tried if it is the same with other civs).
Standardized options have not been changed/touched since 1.00. They work the same.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks Meph.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, i have been playing a human fort for about two years and now i'm stuck because the game keeps crashing at the same moment... I usually have crashes only while saving/loading. Autosaves or quicksaves never crashed anyway.
This one seems unrelated though. Here comes the save, hope it helps!

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12258

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hi, i have been playing a human fort for about two years and now i'm stuck because the game keeps crashing at the same moment... I usually have crashes only while saving/loading. Autosaves or quicksaves never crashed anyway.
This one seems unrelated though. Here comes the save, hope it helps!

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12258
It is the butchering of the randomly-generated yak-pet that causes the crash. Stop your butcher and it does not crash. Thank you for the report, I'll have a look at the random creatures.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you very much! I was already preparing to abandon the project!

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile

Just noted something. Kobolds cannot apply poison to their Pointy Sticks, as Pointy Stick is not a choice amongst the weapons you can coat in the Poison Vat. Neither is the Machete.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just noted something. Kobolds cannot apply poison to their Pointy Sticks, as Pointy Stick is not a choice amongst the weapons you can coat in the Poison Vat. Neither is the Machete.
yes, it has all vanilla DF weapons one by one, but not the custom ones. you can still coat pointy sticks by using "coat any weapon" and using stockpile links. The poison vat is a workshop all civs have, so I did not add civ-specific weapons to it.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

yes, it has all vanilla DF weapons one by one, but not the custom ones. you can still coat pointy sticks by using "coat any weapon" and using stockpile links. The poison vat is a workshop all civs have, so I did not add civ-specific weapons to it.
If it's not a huge number of exceptions, you can add the custom weapons to the building and only give Kobolds access to those particular reactions.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

Human caravan brought *something* that burst into flame and killed most of my fort.  Apparently humans can trade in those wildfire bombs you were talking about, Meph.  My fort was still mostly outdoors, and in a heavy forest, so pretty much everything went up at once.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Human caravan brought *something* that burst into flame and killed most of my fort.  Apparently humans can trade in those wildfire bombs you were talking about, Meph.  My fort was still mostly outdoors, and in a heavy forest, so pretty much everything went up at once.
wildfire does not explode, its not traded and its only triggered by the projectile script. It has to be something else. Do you maybe have a save from before the caravan arrives?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

Sorry, no.  Fort crumbled (my guys were close enough to the depot that they all caught fire at once).  Can't tell what it was, but it was definitely SOMETHING the caravan was carrying - and when I removed wildfire from the raws, along with the reactions that used it, it didn't happen again (in a newly generated world).
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4