Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Update 1.09 - 43.03 (No TWBT), Human balancing/fixes, Succubus balancing/fixes  (Read 16789 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

wildfire is a harmless inorganic, its inert. the dragonfire is spawned by a script that detects if wildfire ammo hits a target.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

Well, if the bug recurs, I'll grab a save.

EDIT:  Secondary question, any chance of humans getting a pottery guild?  I know clay working is more a kobold thing, but it'd be nice to be able to do cool stuff with clay as humans as well.  I've always enjoyed building a nice stoneware fort, or a porcelain palace for my nobles.

EDIT2:  Well, this is strange.  Reinstalled and the merchants didn't explode this year, but several of their pack animals DID elect to come 'visit' my fortress.  I got two 'Wagon is visiting' messages.  Doubly curious because I didn't have a tavern set up yet.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:49:07 am by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Get kobolds potters. The kobold workshop is a pottery.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

Yeah, read the full manual and got a better picture of how the merchants work.  I'll definitely be picking up some kobold buddies once I can to get some nice pottery stuff going.

Meanwhile, still no merchant explosions, but I've got a pack of merchant tuskoxes just milling around in my tavern, which is a bit weird.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Its the smartpets fix of succubi mode. It spilled over to all pets in all modes. Will be fixed next release.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Its the smartpets fix of succubi mode. It spilled over to all pets in all modes. Will be fixed next release.
I can just imagine the impact on a Pet Rock, wanting to join the revelry in the tavern but unable to move under their own power.  But if pastured there they do have have natural skill in Conversationalist :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone seen this before?  I think it is because I tried to play with an extinct race of Humans.  I've never seen it before.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone seen this before?  I think it is because I tried to play with an extinct race of Humans.  I've never seen it before.

This topic has been raised several times through several of the threads concerning the latest update and human play, but you seem to be the first to provide a screenshot.

Meph and Boltgun have said that it has to do with the script "smartpet," which runs to check the status of demons and other intelligent "pet" creatures that should work as members of your fortress, which may not have been flagged as intelligent.  It borks some things, like sending art-hating visiting wagon-pullers to visit you for eternity (don't build slabs, windows, statues, etc.  Your visiting haulers will just destroy them).

It is supposed to be fixed in the next update.

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This topic has been raised several times through several of the threads concerning the latest update and human play, but you seem to be the first to provide a screenshot.

Meph and Boltgun have said that it has to do with the script "smartpet," which runs to check the status of demons and other intelligent "pet" creatures that should work as members of your fortress, which may not have been flagged as intelligent.  It borks some things, like sending art-hating visiting wagon-pullers to visit you for eternity (don't build slabs, windows, statues, etc.  Your visiting haulers will just destroy them).

It is supposed to be fixed in the next update.

Oh is that what that is.  I wouldn't mind so much about the visitors because it didn't really affect anything.  But all the goods from the wagons ended up being just off embark, which means I have booze, food, seeds and other random items affecting the stock screens.  Not to mention I appear to be stuck in an undead siege after wiping them out now too.

Jazerus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Speaking of visitors destroying things, Great Fiend Spiders and other building destroyers that are also civilized follow their building destroyer behavior of targeting slabs, statues, etc. instead of going to the tavern and partying when they visit forts. I've had to start just dfhack killing them when they arrive since they still knock stuff over, too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]