Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: A (kludgey) workaround for the disappearing caravan bug  (Read 33235 times)

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
Re: A (kludgey) workaround for the disappearing caravan bug
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2019, 11:10:30 pm »

sorry to necro this, but does this work for 0.44.05 and up? cuz i had a dwarf caravan get stuck and I haven't gotten any migrants for i reckon the last two years, so i tried running the script and while it did type "Dismissing Merchant" ten times, the merchants and beasts are still stuck.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2019, 03:04:31 pm »

Are you running the version from this thread or the version included in DFHack (fix/stuck-merchants)? What DF+DFHack version are you actually using?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2019, 11:39:35 am »

0.44.05 was the version I was using. I didn't see a command to fix stuck merchants, though, in DFHack.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2019, 01:12:52 pm »

Yeah, that's because 0.44.05 is outdated. You can grab the DFHack version from here; I'm not sure if it'll work any better, or even work in 0.44.05.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]