Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tenth Anniversary of Dwarf Fortress on August 8.  (Read 4968 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Days until the Tenth Anniversary of Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 05:24:19 am »

Huh strange. Put DF fortress 10-9 years ago besides DF now, 64 bit and flashy with progression towards the further end of the spectrum of dev goals within easier reach.

Look how times have changed.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 19 Days until the Tenth Anniversary of Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 02:38:24 pm »

Huh strange. Put DF fortress 10-9 years ago besides DF now, 64 bit and flashy with progression towards the further end of the spectrum of dev goals within easier reach.

I could never have guessed I would still be playing after all these years. It's the only game I've ever played with such . . . endurance.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Days until the Tenth Anniversary of Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 03:33:49 pm »

I could never have guessed I would still be playing after all these years. It's the only game I've ever played with such . . . endurance.
I have been playing Master of Orion II the longest (yes, I bought it was it was new... get off my lawn), but not as continually as DF.  Also got a lot deeper into the guts of DF than I have any other game.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Tenth Anniversary of Dwarf Fortress on August 8.
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 10:10:29 pm »

Just put the date in the title of the tenth anniversary so I don't mess up the countdown, and posting this to bump the thread to remind people when the anniversary is.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 01:40:16 am »

Ohboyohboy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Miuramir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Days until the Tenth Anniversary of Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 01:22:41 pm »

I have been playing Master of Orion II the longest (yes, I bought it was it was new... get off my lawn), but not as continually as DF.  Also got a lot deeper into the guts of DF than I have any other game.

The only games I'm *sure* I've played over such a long time in both calendar years and total hours are really more game families; Angband, Civilization, Master of Orion, Final Fantasy.  The only recent game (comparatively) that I've been into in comparable terms of hours or involvement is Kerbal Space Program. 

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 10:53:23 pm »

Just a slight reminder that Dwarf Fortress will have been first released a full decade ago upon August 8.  I'll have the thread title count down to that day, but out of curiosity, is anyone planning on doing something on that day?

yes

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 03:06:42 pm »

As good a reason as any to play after a bit of a hiatus waiting for updates.

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2016, 04:15:18 pm »

So psyched! Congrats to the Adams brothers for 10 years of !!FUN!!.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 01:28:44 pm »

Congratulations on 10 years of Dwarf Fortress! Now for the following decade, and beyond, of Dwarf Fortress evolution.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 06:20:11 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DF!
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 04:10:32 am »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DF!
Should I post the cake?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 04:02:44 pm »

DFcakeday!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3