Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 3: The Race is on!  (Read 26414 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Tick 1: Act 1

Nowhere in the Void, a song was playing. If there had been any observers, each would have heard a different tune. One may have heard a slow piano song, another a violin solo, yet another the voice of a singer. Each note is released by the Destruction of a single Reality, each in a uniquely spectacular way. Turning to ash, shattered like glass, rotting and falling away, exploding like a firework, fading into darkness-countless Realities where ended over the course of the Symphony. But when one dream is shattered another comes true. The ashes, shards, and assorted debris of the former realities fall together in a massive spiral as the song comes to an end.

And, once again, there is Nothing. From this nothing sprouts multiple British looking people, several old men, a grey humanoid, half a man cloaked in half a cape, a sphere, a corpse, a humanoid with Angel wings, a dragon, a humanoid with wolf ears and tail, a bunch of Gods squabbling with itself, and a golden three eyed oyster. This is the story of this odd group, and their friends and enemies yet to be Born.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:38:47 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:55:43 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (Something/⊕֍࿃) Tick 1: Act 1
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:03:54 pm »

"Hello everyone, I am Cornelis Carnegie, the titan of industry!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 06:07:53 pm »

"INIT. Creation. Design?"

"Is he always like this?"

"Eh. I think he'll get better."

"I certainly hope that is the case. It would not do for one of our number to remain in such a state."

"In any case... do we not have an introduction to make?"

"That would be good. Let all the gods about us know who we are."

"Oh oh yes... definitely! They will know who we all are, or they will suffer!"

"Um... are you always like that?"

"No, most of the time I'm either nastier or plotting something."

"Old King Coal, please do not ruin any relationships we may have with the others before they even begin."

"Greetings. I am Gai-Gen of the Chorus, former god of engineering and architecture."

"Oh! We're doing this now! Okay. I'm Jens of the Chorus! Former goddess of the winds and all that dwell within them!"

"Good. I am Quarken of the Chorus. I am a former eldritch creature, master of arcane glyphs and rituals."

"Good. I am Enias of the Chorus. I am a former god of law and justice."

"An introduction? Very well. I am Shennias of the Chorus, former god of lush, of nature, of blooming flowers and spreading jungles."

"Hmmm... well... I am Unescargot of the Chorus, former god of storms and lightning."

"Well then. I am Old King Coal of the Chorus, future conquerer of the Chorus and the universe-forget I said that. I am a former prismatic dragon and former bone mage."

"Okay! Now... all together!"

"Together, we are the Chorus. And we bring great change."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 06:09:54 pm »

An ear twitches at the Silence. The song appears to have ended. For now. Awareness returns. An orb dangles from a necklace. The contents unknown. Eyes open once more.

"Oh. It's happening again. Isn't it."

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 06:15:55 pm »

"And what might that be? Also, hello to the chorus"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 06:19:10 pm »

"Nilva."

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 06:37:47 pm »

"Ahh, that was a wonderful song to wake up too, its a shame such a grand song is over now. Lets all quickly get introductions out of the way, I am Kyuu, hopefully you will settle on how to make creation within a eon unlike the last group of gods I was with."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 06:46:37 pm »

"my name is vimbr. when shall we begin?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 06:47:27 pm »

240: "Greetings, fellow godlings. What a pleasure to END at last our non-acquaintance. I am the Vae Kargan, of ENDings and Want. What shall we first create, that ENDings may begin?"

"Should any of you find my...services desirable, the price may well be in your reach."

192: "Greetings, fellow godlings. What a pleasure to END at last our non-acquaintance. I am the Vae Kargan, of ENDings and Want. What shall we first create, that ENDings may begin?"

"Should any of you find my...services desirable, the price may well be in your reach."

176: "Greetings, fellow godlings. What a pleasure to END at last our non-acquaintance. I am the Vae Kargan, of ENDings and Want. What shall we first create, that ENDings may begin?"

EDIT: Playing with colors
EDIT: More playing with colors
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:54:13 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 06:53:58 pm »

"Define your services and define your prices."

"I recommend within a private channel however."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 06:56:29 pm »

The  corpse twitches blinking slowly seemingly focusing a small smile crossing their marred face and in a dry and raspy sounding voice cracked from unuse.
"....Hello I'm.....I'm Amber."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 06:57:00 pm »

the most obvious start would be livable habitats, and a source of light. but what shall we do for this? shall we scatter floating islands and fragments of land within a could of air, or go with the more traditional sphere? I find a simple planet to be a good start, along with a single sun. later on we can add more planets and perhaps floating land and link them by portals if desired,
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 06:59:52 pm »

184: "Services and prices? There is little to END just yet aside from what fragile relations bind us together."

"As to the question of worlds, I really must pre-emptively declare my opposition to spherical planets."

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 07:00:26 pm »

"Alright. A single large planet should be fine for now."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25