Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 3: The Race is on!  (Read 26388 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 2: Y(e)g(od)gdrasil
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2016, 02:17:38 am »

"Bravo!  I love Evolution! "

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2016, 03:18:25 pm »

Tick 3: The Race is on!

Vimbr creates an exotic plant, the Fireblossom, which now graces the fields of the world. He then creates the Embrear, immortals who will be capable of interbreeding with other sentient at one point. For the time being, the 1000 Embrear begin their civilization alone (vimber -7E, -7C)

Kargan creates 2000 humans, who begin living in the holes previously dug in the tree where the sap is easiest to access. They begin their own civilization, currently unrelated to the others. (Kargan -8E)

The Faithful don't seem to be nearly as angry as they where last tick, with the majority being apologetic and not knowing what came over them. They are, in fact, the final version.

Kargan provides his fledgling race with a writing system, and the world first writings in the form of Leavings. The Leavings are rotted directly into the wall of the World Tree near the largest Human settlement, and quickly become a shrine surrounded by the highest-quality fungus harvested, acting both as a light source and as an offering. The Humans quickly copy the system and idea, filling the walls of their caves with crude writing and artwork.

Cornealis, meanwhile, blesses his race with increased agricultural growth. It doesn't seem to have a major effect, but both teams now have excess food supply. Both begin to separately attempt to develop new storage methods to keep the excess from going to waste. (Cornealis -1P)

Nica creates two races, the Dolphins and Porpoises, then blesses their growth rate and how fast they learn. Both begin to make their homes in the coral reefs, acting as hunter gatherers feeding on the creatures that live within. The Porpoises in particular have begun making several simple tools and strategies to fulfill this task. (Nica -6E,8P)

Oszust then makes his own race, the Gremil, along with a series of tunnels for them to live in. Though not nearly the scale he had hoped for, the Fenceway is created as a long series of tunnels safe for the newly born race to live in. They proceed to do so, few leaving or traveling long distances (and having no need to for the time being). (Oszust -6C, 4P)

Azem, rather than creating a race, creates a single Dragon. The Dragon begins digging ferociously, searching for edible inorganic matter that suits its taste. (Azem -4E)

Mungash joins the race race, creating the Necromangers. He then creates an animal, the Pings, sending countless to the planet. The Necromangers begin hunting the more fertile lands of the World Tree, developing many new hunting tactics to facilitate their all-meat diet. (Mungash -7E)

The Chorus creates The Tower to test the mortals, putting a godly alarm system on it. So far, few mortals have discovered its location, and none have completed the tests (The Chorus -7E)

Kargan investigates the brief presence. It seems to be coming from inside the bubble....fortunately for him, a second pulse of not-rightness is sent out as he investigates it, much weaker than the last one. It appears to be some kind of beacon that leads the investigation straight to Nilva. (Kargan -3P)

Ceartas then creates his own race, the Corthomach, along with a city for them to live in, near the center of the World Tree. Few desire to leave Cortho, quickly surrounding it with primitive farms. This leads to a debate over land ownership, starting some of the world's first more-or-less official laws. (Ceartas -5E, -7C)

Greed creates the worlds second-through-eleventh Dragons, the Dragon Princes, for an essence point each. The Princes begin flying across the world, searching for the location of a race they can attempt to subjugate. For the time being, the small population size of the races and lack of obvious technological upgrades or relation between races makes locating anyone difficult, and to date none have been found (Greed -10E)

Greed then attempts to convert Gremils to himself. This does not go as well as he may have hoped, they have few items (and no shinnies) worth stealing at this point, making the theft blessing less then impressive. Likewise, the grand displays seem to pale in comparison to their own creation, still in living memory, leaving few Gremil converts from this action. He also empowers the Dragon Princes, though without a target to subjugate this ends up wasted. Greed also blesses The Faithful with a telekinesis, though this seems to have a very minor effect, the only obvious tell that it even worked is that they sometimes now move under their own power independently. He continues, blessing the planet to increase the amount of precious metals within. After all this generosity, he takes a single flower for himself, adding it to his hoard. The silk-covered chamber seems to be a chamber covered in silk, that was created openly by Kargan. (Greed -6C,-10P)

The Trilianis are created by Zuzake. They immediately begin to craft a civilization along the shores of lakes, oceans, and rivers across the World Tree, creating new fishing techniques to allow them to eat their favorite meals as a staple food. (Zuzake -2E)

Xylia allows the Lindworm to fly, releasing it to the planet. She provides it with a parting gift, modifying a fire blossom to bless it, before it scurries off (Xylia -1P).

Two Gods begin modifying Greed's Dragon Princes, as Greed had modified another race earlier. Zuzake modifies a Dragon Prince's breath, changing it from fire to coral, and teaches him to love oceans. The Ocean Prince dives from the sky to the water, searching for races to subjugate in its depths. Xylia finds a Dragon Prince(ess?), attempting to change its personality and increase its abilities. The ability and physical increase are successful, the personality shift apparently less so. It continues following the orders given to it by its God, without any apparent changes. (Zuzake -1C, Xylia -2C)

Visalash enters orbit around the world, as the first psudo-moon.

Nyxus is the next to create a race, making 500 Amebuie in the tunnels the larva had previously created. They begin exploring the area slowly, currently not finding any of the other tunnel dwellers (but finding plenty of food). Nyxus also greatly increases the biodiversity of the tunnels, making a vibrant (if simple) ecosystem that seems to thrive for the time being. The new creations are blessed with increased learning and birth rate. (Nyxus -5E,-5C,-5P).

Fenez is born in a flashy display, declaring his intent to create a planet. Just as easily as it apparently came together, it fell apart, like sand in someone's hand. The planet was simply not to be. As such, the mortals he had planed on creating on the planet where not to be either.

Visalas inspires Mortals into creating a laboratory for the great dragon. Currently, the only Race with real architectural knowledge is the Corthomach, who reserve a building in their city for a Dragon Prince's lab (if they ever discover its location.) (Visalas -3P)

Kargan creates a Bulletin Board, allowing Deities to accept and offer jobs to each other. He offers two jobs initially, both of which Greed snatches up in an instant.

Visalas then creates a race, the Cinado, in an unoccupied grassland. They begin systematically exploring their new area, spreading out far and wide as they begin creating several new systems for measurement (often based on the length of a foot, pace, or other easily accessible body part). (Visalas -3E, -1C)

Ilganapash Rosas further increases the biodiversity, spreading it far and wide. One particular species undergoes rapid "evolution", ending in the Kastyrians. The Kastyrians begin making a home among the forest and jungles, living as hunter-gatherers insuring that the weaker plants and animals don't survive. (Ilganapash Rosas -5E,-5C).

Spoiler: Income Calcs (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2016, 03:31:44 pm »

Kargan

If possible, send 2E to Greed.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2016, 03:36:29 pm »

Use 2 Power to help the Dragon-Princes to locate the dozens of other races that are all over the place.
Use Essence, and if needed crux, to create a thousand Magpies, sapient Magpie-like birdpeople capable of flight. Because of needing to be light enough to fly, they have low musclemass and are thus weak. They enjoying snatching shinies to add to their nest-hoards.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:36:45 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2016, 04:10:53 pm »

Remain reciting poetry

Fireblossom created amongst the apt to breed
Vimbr the one that planted the seed

Kargan, his actions have to prove themselves wise
as the humans created, from the tree take a bite

It is yet to be seen if his writings prevail
as he takes from the tree, our creation may fail

The oceans, to the ire of Zuzake are filled
with the Purpoise, the Dolphin, the Trialianis to be thrilled

Oszust beware, and your Gremills too,
expand to deeply into the tree, we can't heal the wound

Use 2 Essence to release poetry reciting Chatterclams into the oceans. They are like clams, only that they recite the poems of Zuzake for miles to be heard.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 3: The Race is on!
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2016, 05:37:31 pm »

[Daemon Xylia, God of Nature]

Xylia lifts her Blink Lizard, then it starts to grow longer. Until it's legs touch the ground, Xylia lets go, and is stumbles.
She grabs it's shoulders, and it's forelegs become like arms, the Lizard gets steady in it's stance, it's bones adapting, until they can support it standing on two legs.
The Lizard's hide becomes smooth, still scaly, but the scales are so fine, it's smoother than human skin.
It's body becomes human-like, though the ends of it's limbs have much rougher scales, and retains their claws. The sides of it's head keep these scales too, and get elfin ears.
It then grows a pair of horns, short ones. The rough scales are grey, the fine scales are white.
It retains it's teleportation ability. The fur goes away on some of it's body, except the back, tail, hair, and the ends of their arms and legs.
The lizard is now definitely a female.

Xylia turns her Blink Lizard into a Blink Elf.
Blink Elves have affinity for phasing magic, which their teleportation is part of.
Blink Elves are all female, and reproduce with magic. They do this by enchanting an area, this area will then get foggy.
In this fog, new Blink Elves will appear, they start at child age, and age normally from there. The fog will last a month or two.
Blink Elves are peaceful and shy creatures, but may attack with intent on eating you. Because their diet require some meat.

Xylia then pets the Blink Elf on her head. "Be good now. No enslaving, capturing, or domestication."
Xylia leaves the Blink Elf at the Upper Branches of the World Tree.
((This assumes the World Tree composition ended up like Xylia suggested. If not, they're on the same landmass as everyone else.))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2016, 07:14:13 pm »

Cornealis uses power to make the red ants diplomatic, and power to make the blue ants ruled by a dictator.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2016, 07:26:45 pm »

Kargan (Endings, Want)

Occupy the silk-lined chamber and encourage the tree to regenerate away all passages save one with up to about 1P.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2016, 07:45:21 pm »

-vimbr looks at the embrear and watches them scurry about, having just been created they are naturally in a tribal society. settling down in the lush plains they were created in. there getting most of there food from gathering and hunting small animals in nearby forest. larger more dangerous prey is rarely hunted, the embrear aren't keen on wasting there immortality.
he notices most anent wearing anything, the ones that are wearing something tend to not have any sort of top. its clear why, wings get in the way. still while its fine for now, vimber knows they will need protection from the elements once they start expanding into colder locals, he has an idea for this issue, but will have to wait for essence income. he has time, the embrear seem content to stay in the plains,

they seem like they will be pretty friendly to any other races they come across, and don't seem to have any issues with the other tribes. bartering is the economy of choice, but there is so much food its mostly shared freely. they will eventualy need to learn agriculture though otherwise there growth will outpace there gathering.-

-vimber grins-
"erfect. lets see. if they don't learn agriculture on there own in a tick or two I guess I will need to step in, clothes can wait until I have the essence needed to create a type of fabric that can phase through objects, or maybe I could jut tell them to make bigger holes in any tops they want to make. overall they seem to be doing good right now. that gives me time to gather my strength back up"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 20, 2016, 10:17:52 pm »

Use four Power to manage the necessary blessings, visions, omens, and so on for my people, as well as answering/allowing auguries, divinations, sacrifices, and so on. Also aiding religious medicinal practices.

No people sacrifice though. That gets you cursed real easy.

If I have any Essence gain from the Kastyrians, use 1 Essence (unless it would be overkill) to create and place/distribute plaques, tablets, and etc. throughout the world(s?), able to be understood by any who read it who can read (well, they get the gist of it, anyway), proclaiming my existence, realm of influence, the boons I may offer those who follow me and perform my rituals, and basically amounting to almost an informational pamphlet. These can be often be found as part of interesting 'ruin' like structures. Or sometimes just below the ground in a village where a ditch is about to be dug. Basically places that will get people to find them, but gradually/naturally. Don't need to be identical, either, though similar.

Oh, and it has like, a short little thing about there being other gods too and they control their whatever domains and stuff, but there doesn't need to be a full history or anything about them. Just trying to give people a little more wisdom about their options.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2016, 01:18:41 am »

Appear before the Triliani and tell Them to learn the divine poems of Zuzake off of the Chatterclams

Begin arranging an underwater coral reef garden with beautiful zen aesthetics. Personally move precious corals into the garden, also bring chatterclams to the garden. This garden is going to be known as Majoria.

Recite more poetry before the ones that want to hear

Ocean Ocean filled at times
bringing up so many rhymes
full of motion yet youre standing still
brings with every drop a chill

the creatures that can dwindle here
fill the void with vision clear
one must go to fight for her
for mother ocean for we care

groom the one that understands
try to teach the young the chants
ocean water is divine
therefore we must make it shine

fiend of the waters, fiend of our kine
you will suffer, pay a fine
we will take you to our room
as you misstepped you spelled your doom

so beautiful the ocean is
so wild it is as well
so if you try to mess with it
you will drown in hell
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:23:11 pm by Detoxicated »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2016, 04:38:02 pm »

Make a mundane loom in the cave

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2016, 05:20:45 pm »

The Parched One watched. He watched as the Mortal Races scurried about in devout service to their Gods, and as they strove to build themselves lasting civilizations, prosperous homes, and satisfying lives. Fenez looked down on them with disgust. Taking a lump of Salt into one hand, he held it to his lips, and whispered incomprehensible murmurings to it. The Salt began to glow, and Fenez blew it out of his hands. A dry breeze flew through the Void and swept the Salt out of his hand, scattering it across The World Tree. The innumerable Pillars of Salt soon came together, and achieved sentience.

The new beings are 2.5 feet tall and wide, much weaker and clumsier concerning object or tool manipulation than an average Human, have only half the intelligence of an ordinary Human, have no Magical capacity beyond their natural abilities, live for roughly 20 years, and reproduce by splitting into two identical copies of the original Creature after the end of their natural lifespan. They float roughly a foot above the ground, but if they focus, they can move as much as five feet above ground. They move at the speed of a normal Human jogging.

They have the ability to manipulate the sand, dry dirt, and salt within a 20 foot-radius around them, and passively drain and feed off of the moisture in the environment around them, with roughly half a gallon of moisture being consumed to sustain them every day. They can focus their moisture drainage onto a single living creature 10 feet from them, and drain the moisture from it's body, with the downside that it requires near total focus one that living creature to use properly, must defeat the willpower of the living creature before working, and only drains small amounts without extensive training. Being a small cloud of Magical Salt, they are very resistant to mundane weaponry, and can literally suffocate a breathing creature within their body, (damaging themselves in the process) are somewhat resistant to most kinds of magic and elemental attacks, but are extremely vulnerable to wind, or water based attacks, which rip them apart or scald them.

They have an innate nomadic tendency, and most wander constantly in large nomadic tribes, consisting of individuals that move together in a large cloud of up to five hundred, but more commonly only one or two hundred. They lack empathy for other species, and the ecosystem around them. Sometimes, individuals will travel in small groups of 5-10, and very rarely, one or more will settle down in a moisture filled area and build a tiny 'village' consisting of a handful of extremely crude mud huts. They speak with an extremely complicated language consisting of extremely high-pitched keening noises, that is impossible for many species to hear, let alone decipher. The beings have an innate love for the Desert, and a disdain for other Environs. They are also blessed with an innate knowledge and a deep understanding of The Parched One's existence and philosophy. Their Soul is Immortal, but when they eventually split, the Soul is destroyed and the parts become the Souls of each offspring

The moment they gain life, Fenez speaks into their very Souls.

"Children of the Salt, I name You Nethar. Go forth, multiply and spread the beautiful Desert Sands, for such is Your Divine Purpose. So says Your Creator, The Parched One."

Fenez uses 4 Essence to Create the Nethar, Salt-Cloud Beings, and scatters them across the World Tree. He also gives them the Divine Purpose to spread the Desert wherever they go.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 21, 2016, 05:22:46 pm »

Small souls covered in green fire that are capable of worship and eat via absorbing things.Can flare out to defend themselves. They are modified from the green flames in the cave. Use 5 essence  and two crux to make them slightly more durable or longer lived then watch them from a few feet away.
Amber  smiles looking so happy as she watches her small creatures flare to life gently settling down to watch them in the corner of the cave.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 21, 2016, 07:21:31 pm »

"Damnit."
Nudge/inspire the Corthomach into building and running that lab, whether or not an immortal dragon shows up to claim it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25