Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Crash sources and saves - Please post them here!  (Read 8587 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Crash sources and saves - Please post them here!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 12:01:30 am »

i guess that is a bug then that they died. as i dont use standardized materials in that game.
They inhabit the lower caverns and don't play well with others.  Lots of things could have happened to them :)

Since they are castes of the same creature, they were probably a single cluster that spawned in the deep.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 05:31:48 pm »

Not so much a crash in a game but during world generation, the only time I'm getting crashes is due to the following error from the log:

*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction WOLFRAMITE_TUNGSTEN
Unrecognized Inorganic Token: TUNGSTENITE

The only commonality between crashes is if you let the world gen go beyond 100 years. It's hit or miss, after that.  I've genned a couple worlds with 400 years before they both crashed and one that made it to 1000 without a problem.  Default settings, medium regions.

GreenBeast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 08:33:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was playing version 1.11, succubi, and it crashed when i summoned a orthus.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12294

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 08:41:56 pm »

I've also had crashes with the succubus summoning system, though not consistently.  Usually summoning orthruses as well.  Mine was on 1.10
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

TurambarFR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 04:46:32 am »

I just had a crash on a starting fortress (I played maybe 3 months), while doing nothing special.

With Windows 10, version 1.11, playing the Dwarves. Here the errorlog.txt file (no attachment on the forum?):

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
undefined plant material set to default: AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
undefined plant material set to default: AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
path fail: boulder crab,70,14,89 -> 69,14,87: Id #10984:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Owner at 67,14,87
path fail: boulder crab,68,14,88 -> 64,20,82: Id #10983:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Marauder Mill at 65,20,82
path fail: boulder crab,67,23,86 -> 75,21,87: Id #10983:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Marauder Mill at 77,19,87

And the save: https://mega.nz/#!iR1w2Zzb!bdlVEXQdapwK33B_HbFdTmZ1aevcUt9rVLlDq2vnFL8

PS: And the Large Adresse Aware always crash when I try to launch it, with DF launched or not.

PPS: The last 2 lines of gamelog.txt are:
You have struck gypsum!
Dumed Mebzuthtaguz has incurred the wrath of an Awakened Claystone
And the stderr.log file:
Invoking: tesb-wake -caste CLAYSTONE -location [ 139 116 124 ] -miner 10931
Invoking: unit/attack
Invoking: create-unit -race TESB_AWAKENED_STONE -caste CLAYSTONE -age 0 -location [ 139 116 124 ] -civId \-1 -flagSet [ marauder ]
Invoking: unit/attack -attacker 11025 -defender 10931 -attack SCRATCH
So the mod The Earth Strikes Back! is probably responsible for the crash.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:09:03 am by TurambarFR »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 09:27:29 am »

Thanks TurambarFR, I will take a look at this as soon as I get a chance.  Awakened Stones appear randomly but this save definitely has the conditions for a crash to occur.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 12:29:10 pm »

Has The Earth Strikes Back been incorporated completely into Masterwork by accident, or do Awakened Stones just appear as normally spawning creatures, now?

I've got the mod turned off in the GUI but I still have stones appearing, even after generating a new world.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 01:15:54 pm »

Has The Earth Strikes Back been incorporated completely into Masterwork by accident, or do Awakened Stones just appear as normally spawning creatures, now?

I've got the mod turned off in the GUI but I still have stones appearing, even after generating a new world.

I noticed that when TESB is turned off in the GUI that the creature raws are still active, so you can still see one of them spawn randomly (though they are very rare on their own without the mod's DFHackery).  I mentioned it to Meph, and he said that leaving them in was intentional.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 02:24:37 pm »

I just had a crash on a starting fortress (I played maybe 3 months), while doing nothing special.

With Windows 10, version 1.11, playing the Dwarves. Here the errorlog.txt file (no attachment on the forum?):

(snip)

So the mod The Earth Strikes Back! is probably responsible for the crash.
I think I found the source of the crashes, though I can't be certain it's the only one.  And it's something that would occur in Masterwork but not in Rubble or the standard mod (which explains the lack of crashes reported in the mod's main thread.)

In v2.08 of The Earth Strikes Back!, I was still having issues with the AI for spawned creatures.  To get them to fight rather than flee, I used one of Roses' scripts to force the newly-spawned creature to attack the miner.  If Roses' script is present under /scripts/unit/attack.lua then TESB uses it; otherwise it falls back to a clone I included called /scripts/tesb-attack.lua.  Roses's script is included with Masterwork, but not the standard DFHack used by Rubble or LNP users.

Using Roses' script or the clone seems to cause crashes, so it looks like something changed between 0.42 and 0.43 that breaks the script.  Or I did something wrong in calling it, but either way the solution is the same.

The good news is that forced attacks were removed in v2.09 (current version is 2.13), so when Meph gets a chance to update The Earth Strikes Back! inside Masterwork, the whole issue will just go away.

The bad news is that the only immediate fix for v2.08 is to edit a script.  Find tesb-wake.lua and put -- (two dashes) at the front of lines 187 and 198 to disable them.  They both start with dfhack.run_command(attack_cmd ..

Remember to save the changes in the "original" under raw/scripts and the copy under each save folder.

Edit: The reason the crashes are Masterwork-specific is just because the of the TESB version being used, not because Masterwork includes Roses' attack script.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:29:32 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 04:47:59 pm »

I noticed that when TESB is turned off in the GUI that the creature raws are still active, so you can still see one of them spawn randomly (though they are very rare on their own without the mod's DFHackery).  I mentioned it to Meph, and he said that leaving them in was intentional.

Well, now I feel stupid!  I even remember seeing this when it was first posted.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention, again.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 05:29:42 pm »

Yes, I do like easter eggs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ranik Ortega

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 02:31:46 am »

Most of my crashes are when I try to save. During actual gameplay I never have any issues. I used Large adress aware on DF.exe and never even get past 1.5g of ram used. And yet still it crashes most of the time when I try to save. Not sure if thats masterwork, my laptop or DF in general.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 05:55:51 am »

Did you try compressed saves? Its an init option.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ranik Ortega

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 10:44:31 pm »

I'll give it a shot to see if it reduces crashes. IIRC I left it on initially and tried it without to see if it might help.

Judicator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 11:00:58 pm »

Getting a crash on or after load of a save file.  stderr.log finishes with
Code: [Select]
Invoking: gui/extended-status enable
UNKNOWN CLASS 'dfhack_lua_viewscreen@DFHack': vtable = 0x684aae9c

The standard errorlog only lists pathing fails.  This is after turning off TWBT which I'd hoped was cause for the crashes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4