Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Crash sources and saves - Please post them here!  (Read 8573 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Crash sources and saves - Please post them here!
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2016, 10:31:53 am »

Rename the sdl.dll to anything else, and rename the sdlreal.dll to sdl.dll. That would be the easiest way. (aka dfhack starts because the sdl.dll has been replaced with a fancy dfhack version, if you put in the original sdl.dll, dfhack wont start) Both files are in the DwarfFortress folder.

Or you type "unload all" into the dfhack window, which should at least stop all plugins from running and try loading the save.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ladon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2016, 03:29:00 pm »

Just tried it; used the real sdl, dwarf fortress starts without DFHack, but still the same crash.

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2016, 10:58:33 am »

I also had crashes, turned off TrueType Font and it worked so far.
Looking at the stderr file i found this:
Code: [Select]
Invoking: ools/reaction-trigger -reactionName WEATHER_SNOW_KOBOLD -syndrome -command [ weather snow ]
ools/reaction-trigger is not a recognized command.
Invoking: ools/reaction-trigger -reactionName WEATHER_SNOW_KOBOLD -syndrome -command [ weather snow ]

Seems like it tries to load something but fails. Dunno if it's important but i thought i mention it, just incase.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2016, 11:40:22 am »

I also had crashes, turned off TrueType Font and it worked so far.
Looking at the stderr file i found this:
Code: [Select]

Seems like it tries to load something but fails. Dunno if it's important but i thought i mention it, just incase.
Those are lines in DFHack's init file that were disabled incorrectly.  When active, the line would start with "modtools/reaction-trigger".  Since those lines are supposed to be disabled, these particular errors turn out to be harmless.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2016, 02:02:56 pm »

Just tried it; used the real sdl, dwarf fortress starts without DFHack, but still the same crash.
Thank you, so no dfhack.

Weird, because Artefacts are nothing I can affect through modding, they are hardcoded...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2016, 02:26:24 pm »

Thank you, so no dfhack.

Weird, because Artefacts are nothing I can affect through modding, they are hardcoded...
Slabs and books are considered artifacts, so modded secrets might be involved... or some kind of Standardized Parchment or whatnot.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Ladon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 01:51:06 am »

Actually, I should add that when this crash occurs, it isn't always on loading artifacts. It rarely crashes on different stages. I'll try again to see if I can get it to crash on different messages, though it may not have much to do with the problem.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2016, 07:20:15 pm »

Seen it crash on Loading Squads, too

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2016, 07:50:45 pm »

Seen it crash on Loading Squads, too
That could conceivably be an entity/noble issue.  Or the crashes happen when a certain amount of memory is required, so it's a little random from world to world but consistent for a given world.
Just got back, updating:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2016, 07:53:34 pm »

Can be an item from stals armory. These appear in the military screen (when loading squads, as equipment) and can also exist as artefacts (if a smith makes one in worldgen).

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2016, 03:37:10 am »

Would that mean Historic Arms and Armor could be an issue as well?
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2016, 11:16:13 am »

Starting to get frequent crashes that don't pop up in the error log.

They're inconsistent but happen only while I am trying to place furniture or buildings and am navigating around (using the arrow keys to move the cursor).

I know this has turned up in the past, but I don't remember what plugin was responsible.

Cayen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2016, 01:12:43 pm »

Hello, first time posting, i need help with a crash in a fortress in last version of mastework, im playing as dwarves and the game crashes a few moments after loading, no matter what i try, i cant find anything on the errorlog, gamelog or stderrlog and im truly stuck as to why the game crashes, ive even tried in another computer. Its a pretty regular map in a 400ish year world, i think the fortress itself might be 1 and a half years old, ive managed to quicksave to just a few moments before the crash and tried everything i could think of to try and stop the crash, killing everything, cleaning, deconstructing the trade depot (when you load you will get merchants in a few seconds), playing without dfhack, etc, etc, but nothing stops the crash.

Just in case, last lines of the errorlog are "undefined plant material set to default: AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP" x2, ive tried a solution posted in this same topic (editing the lua script and removing it, neither worked). TESB is off in this particular fortress. I have a few standarizations off and most of the mods disabled; z-level from text-be-text is at 0.

Any help would be truly appreciated since i have been truly inmersing myself in this one, if you need anything else let me know.

Save -----> https://mega.nz/#!50gj3SaZ!vqjtCVY9khvi5t8wxe07LFKYWAgIx_FAOrVymlkHraM

Thanks in advance.

(Edit: posted correct link for save)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:14:44 pm by Cayen »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]