Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58

Author Topic: Cinder's Extremely Infrequent Creations Thread: 480 works  (Read 86309 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 17
« Reply #495 on: April 11, 2017, 02:47:03 pm »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 17
« Reply #496 on: April 11, 2017, 03:13:04 pm »

Reminds me of Kingsparrow island from Dishonored.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 18
« Reply #497 on: April 12, 2017, 02:32:34 pm »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 18
« Reply #498 on: April 12, 2017, 03:00:02 pm »

It looks like a political map, but then blue blob has a border with itself so I don't know what it is.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 19
« Reply #499 on: April 13, 2017, 01:08:11 pm »

https://imgur.com/a/bVc6N

Fundamentals is hard when you're on a tablet.

Goatbros: 3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 20
« Reply #500 on: April 14, 2017, 12:53:42 pm »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 21
« Reply #501 on: April 15, 2017, 01:27:37 pm »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 21
« Reply #502 on: April 16, 2017, 07:28:46 am »

Month 8 Day 21
It is impressive and you should feel impressive.

Have you played with brush settings recently? I think having the opacity change with pressure would make it easier to double-up on lines. (And being comfortable with pressure settings is pretty useful for any shading other than cell shading.)
I think part of the point of the lines exercise is piling them up to practice precision, and Drawabox was pretty clear about always doubling-up or tripling-up on circles in its exercises. Your circles are making the boxes sad :(

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 22
« Reply #503 on: April 16, 2017, 09:37:34 am »

Circles are huuuuuurd

http://imgur.com/eWj6RtK

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 23
« Reply #504 on: April 17, 2017, 02:45:23 pm »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 23
« Reply #505 on: April 17, 2017, 07:18:47 pm »

What's a foat? :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 24
« Reply #506 on: April 18, 2017, 12:44:59 pm »

They're buoyant goats.

Self-RP, so basically fiction. (I am both LUTE and ASTRAL)

LUTE: In his world, interdimensional travel was not such a big deal. The universe was punctured in the Titanic War, and outsiders had set up on the Nexus, the void which had formed during the war. All Lute needed was a tether, to return back to his world. To a common mortal, or an outsider, this was somewhat disconcerting. However, as a magi born on this world, Lute's soul was part of the complex weave of divine magic that kept the world in place. No matter how far he went, he would return. For most magi this would likely be when they die, but Lute would rather keep being optimistic.

‘Well, here goes,’ Lute thought to himself. He would miss his friends, but that was life. He didn’t enjoy being constrained to one place, and after he had saved the world twice he kind of had his fill of this universe for a while. “So, uh, does interdimensional travel hurt?” he asked the Astral that was guiding him. The astrals were nomadic aliens which had carved out a pretty good life for themselves here in the Nexus, being tasked by the gods to operate traffic and preventing the entire world from going dark.

ASTRAL: “I was figuring out what pain felt like when I came here,” the Astral said, “But being forcefully disassembled and reassembled would likely hurt, yes. Even though we’re pointing you to somewhere you’ll retain the same shape.”

“I am going to be so mad if I turned into a pulsating space crab,” the Magi joked.

ASTRAL: “You’ll get used to it if that happens. I’m a six-limbed stone golem with a fire head,” the Astral said. They stopped at a hole. That was what it was. What the void was was a hole. There was no swirling mass of chaos or glimmering night skies. It was just a black membrane.

Some say this was because the complications of otherworldly lights outweighed the aesthetic, so the Gods fashioned reality to put a black veil over all tears in space and time. Lute was kind of hoping for some interesting magical sensation, but the veil also seemed to extend to his magical senses.

“So I just… touch it?” Lute extended an arm out, looked at his guide, who nodded, then touched the hole. His entire being came apart.

He awakens in the center of a large, beautifully bright street to a gentle buzzing on his chest...
LUTE: Lute blinked. There wasn't any nerve-wracking pain, at least. That was surprising what with having exploded and all. He was rather sure he blew up. He glanced around himself, looking at his clothes, his body. He didn't even seem out of place. None of his body parts where out of place. Apart from the fact that he had cat ears and a tail, but the last time he astrally projected somebody called him a "furry", so it was possible he resembled these so called humanoids.

"Sorry, sorry, excuse me," he mumbled, shouldering through the crowd. Big crowds didn't scare him, but he would rather not be in them. He made his way to a bench, studiously ignoring the buzzing on his chest. Sitting down, he examined it. The good new was that he didn't have space flu, the bad new was that he had an annoying piece of technology bugging him. He resisted the urge to throw it away and instead opted to study its workings.

"Tap me to open!", it read, enigmatically. He wasn't sure what 'tapping' entailed, really. Those it means that he should tap the artifice on something? Was he supposed to interface with it using magic? Could he even use magic?

The thing opened itself automatically while Lute was worrying. He read the message on the virtual letter. He intoned his word of power and tried to reach into the ether to communicate with the machine. Instead he just got a headache. He was getting rather frustrated. There wasn't even any dial on the thrice-cursed thing! More virtual envelopes flooded his screen and he had half a mind to discard the thing. That would likely be unwise, however, and it just left Lute wondering whether he should swallow his pride and ask a random passerby on how to use it.

This must be how it felt when somebody ask him to do magic for them. Dumb.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:12:53 pm by Cinder »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 25
« Reply #507 on: April 20, 2017, 10:22:27 am »

Log 5 - Why God Games Die

This is something I feel like talking about, since it was also related to how I lost interest. From what I’ve seen, most god games peter out due to the GM losing interest, rather than the players not wanting to play. Sure, a factor is the GMs putting too much work into things and then getting too bogged down, but from what I’ve seen the general vibe is just that things got boring for them.

I think this is likely because GMs often design their god games (or in my case: politician game) so that, even if they don’t intend to, rely mainly on their storytelling. While players enjoy experimenting and seeing what happens, I have a feeling that most players join god games because they have a good idea what they want and what they think would be cool to happen. This is suppressed, usually, and when it’s not, it gets out of hand. The GM either make it so that the players aren’t stimulated enough to pursue anything other than their agenda with a one-track mind, or the players become too dependent on the GM to have an idea for what to do.

At the risk of sounding hubristic, my solution to this would be to incorporate more RNG prompts, and adopt the use of RP help in MUDs. The idea is that the players can PM me to suggest adventures which will befall other players. Usually, to avoid metagaming, it would be arranged so that apart from entertainment, the suggestor would get next to no mechanical reward from this. This being Bay12 and seeing how we love suggestion games, I’m hoping that a Bay12er’s love of shenanigans will win over their desire to win.

And anyways, what I said in the first paragraph, I meant that I lost interest because so far this blog had been a vacuum of only my own ideas and nobody else's. That's pretty boring. I'm thinking that it is imperative for me to cobble up something minimal to test out the system and amuse myself. Seeing how my previous minimal tests ended, though, I think I'd have to resist the strong urge to hotfix things on the go.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Month 8 Day 26
« Reply #508 on: April 21, 2017, 02:31:49 pm »

This wasn’t what clone awakening felt like. Not, unless it had been way in the future, and somebody thought cloning her corpse with its fragmented memory was better than a confused girl.

Then her brain started processing what she was seeing.

‘Okay. Fine, but let me continue my train of thought,”’she thought, studiously ignoring the clean cityscape. She felt quite familiar with this particular body, and there was always the obvious sensation of wrongness that accompanied being cloned. Mako was rather sure this body was old (well, as old as the clone of somebody whose original died a couple years ago can be), rather than recently cloned.

And then, there was the fact that she was standing in a city. A city that wasn’t Rosebed City, she can quickly guess from the lack of holo-ads assaulting her senses, and also the fact that it wasn’t nothing at all like the shithole that is Withmore City. No, even the fancy part of Rosebed doesn’t look this innocent and clean.

‘Alright, fine! Fuck me!’ she swore mentally as she grabbed her smartphone, except it wasn’t her smartphone. She peered at her new smartphone- a MirrorPhone, apparently- and read the message. She started walking, reading her messages. Mako occasionally had to wake up in an unfamiliar place, but never in such an outlandish circumstance. She elected to take things in stride. The decker withheld judgment, she just remembered what she learned from her previous cloning: find a hideout quickly when you wake up confused.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:48:38 pm by Cinder »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58