Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58

Author Topic: Cinder's Extremely Infrequent Creations Thread: 480 works  (Read 86498 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Day 358
« Reply #630 on: August 02, 2017, 12:12:54 am »

Okay this should be fixed now.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 02, 2017, 12:35:48 am »

Eyy nice! I'd probably get it more if I read Oric the Awesome, but it's pretty nice nonetheless.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 02, 2017, 04:41:54 am »

https://writer.inklestudios.com/stories/gdf9

The same thing again, but updated.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 02, 2017, 02:27:45 pm »

I was canon Ciro and met a purple person, who splattered me with and aetherbolt. I don't remember that happening.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 02, 2017, 11:48:56 pm »

I'm not sure why I put that there, really.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Day 359
« Reply #635 on: August 04, 2017, 12:41:53 am »

Oops I completely forgot to draw today

Debt: 1

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Day 360
« Reply #636 on: August 04, 2017, 11:15:39 pm »

Edit: No way, I'm counting this write-up as a writing.

Flavor

Somewhere, in the midst of vast ocean, was a small island. Untouched by sapient hands, and unnoticed by the gods, a spark of life has grown to a tropical paradise there, where simple creatures frolic in peace.

They knew not of the Gods’ war.

One fateful day, a small sliver of a sundered divinity fell upon the island like a comet. It happened -not out of any fate or meaning- to fall upon a den of fluffy wamblers. The furry critters were instantly vaporized by its glory.

Then, they reformed.

Bestowed with power beyond mortal ken, they became more than they once was. Millennia of mortal lore flooded their being. They learned of the war. They learned of their need for vengeance. To bring fire and blood to the treacherous gods that destroyed their Once-self, that right now, would be moving to erase every trace of them.

But this hidden haven will remain so a while longer. There was another pressing matter. The wamblers are not one God. And with the fire of Dominion burning within them, each could not bear to rule without their kin subservient to them. One of them headed towards the centre of the island, and attuned to the crystal spire that had grown there.

And so began a tale of tyranny, but for how long, before the throne would change its owner?

Alright, what the hell is this?

Inspired by the video game “Obey”, this is a “god game” in which one player is the Overlord, and the others are the wamblers. Attuned the Divine Throne, the Overlord would passively extract Essence from the island, which can be used to build structures. The game ends when the island runs dry of Essence, signaling the time to leave.

Essence

To elaborate, Essence is the main focus of the game. Each player have their own store of Essence. When they die, they lose Essence as it gets used up to rebuild them a new body. Various structures can be built to harvest the Essence from the island, such as a mine. The Overlord also slowly gain Essence each turn.

Essence can be used up by the Overlord in order to create structures of their design. They would want to use this to build things such as a mine, or a laboratory. Generally speaking, structures require one wambler or more operating them in order to work. Certain special structures may be controlled by the Overlord directly, usually costing Essence to do so. Upgraded strucutres may operate autonomously at a reduced productivity rate, freeing up the wamblers for other tasks, or giving the Overlord more independence.

The Overlord can entice wamblers to cooperate by rewarding them with Essence to put them ahead of their less cooperative/effective peers.

Essence cannot be spent by wamblers! The Overlord cannot force their underlings to shell out to build. Additionally, you can’t have a negative Essence balance.

Victory and defeat

When Essence runs out, the player with the most essence wins and everyone else loses.

When all wamblers concede, the Overlord wins and all the wamblers lose.

When the Overlord Spire is destroyed, everyone loses.

Remember that at the end of the day, this is not a team game. Your goal is to have the most Essence to yourself as you can, while keeping the Spire intact.

Don't be so serious, though, because the “random scenarios” are actually written by me, and while I try to be fair, I may not be as fair as RNGesus. Plus, I prioritize fun, so doing silly things that amuse me might earn you extra brownie points.

Overlord

At the start of the game, a random wambler will become the Overlord.

The Overlord is the master of wamblers, and the architect of the island’s structures. You can expend Essence in order to create anything you dream of- well, occasionally with some additional components.

You and the wamblers must ensure the survival of the Overlord Spire against ‘natural’ disasters and invaders, while you must also make sure you remain Overlord.

You passively earn 500 Essence each turn. This is usually a paltry amount compared to the Essence you can earn by making your underlings work, though.

Aside from whatever powers you may develop later, you have two basis powers which can be used any time and multiple times in a turn:

Smite: Expend 200 Essence to kill a wambler. Use this as a punitive measure to keep your wamblers in line. But the wamblers only lose 100 Essence per death, so don’t overdo it lest you end up with less Essence than the wamblers.
Reward: Transfer any amount of Essence from you to a wambler. Use this to reward a certain wambler for serving you well. Obviously, don’t overdo this.

Wamblers

You are the underlings, the foot soldiers. You start with 1000 Essence. You, uh, pretty much do anything it takes to operate the island. You have the anatomy of a small fluffy bunny, but your legs are capable of fine manipulation. (Don’t think too much about it)

Or you can choose to sabotage structures, or take a ⅙ chance to try to attune to the Spire and become the new Overlord, killing the previous Overlord. If you fail, you die.

Various dangers can kill you, making you lose a flat amount of 100 Essence and make you unable to take an action the next turn before respawning.

Structures

The structures are the god game part of this game. Essence is used to create them, from a botanical garden, a mine, to a turret or a giant mech. The Overlord must pay the price, and then the wamblers will do the work to build them.

The wamblers have a long memory, but most of it is fuzzy. Research will be needed to figure out how to build more complex things.

There is no set Essence cost and tech tree to how to build things. You just have to ask me. If you think something is unfair, feel free to let me know.

Scenarios

Certain events in the island occur which can be capitalized on, or have to be dealt with. They can threaten to destroy the Spire, causing a game over for everyone. Both the Overlord and the wamblers must work together to ensure the Spire’s survival.

Players

Code: [Select]
Name:
Zodiac: Pick one. No particular reason~
Specialty: Keep it broad, like “Combat”, or “Art”

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:25:30 pm by Cinder »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Day 362
« Reply #637 on: August 05, 2017, 09:28:28 am »

http://imgur.com/7WbiMI9

Here's a chibi Sasuke Kayn per my boyfriend's request.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Day 362
« Reply #638 on: August 05, 2017, 08:33:44 pm »

Needs....more....pupils.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Day 363
« Reply #639 on: August 06, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »

Are we, in fact, a mindless spirit of the dead who has no hands? If not, let's go stab that mindless spirit of the dead who has no hands. Just to make sure we aren't secretly a mindless spirit of the dead who has no hands.

You smack the poltergeist around a little more. You decided that trying to find an opening while these green annoyances take potshots at you won't improve your situation, and you might as well finish it off. With the creature dazed, you quickly lunge at it, stabbing through its.... ectoplasm. With all your strength, you tried to cut it in half, but it had the decency to wail and dissipate, sparing you the effort.

The septic eyes advance on you in pincer formation, keeping distance enough that it would be impossible for you to actually engage them. You step back towards the wheel-thing, but more monsters materialized, just like last time. Oh, yeah, you forgot to mention that.

Four skeletal reavers took form, their bones appearing from who-knows-where. Then the two fires died down. You deduce that meant they were the last of the monsters you had to fight. This doesn't seem to be a very difficult encounter.

Unfortunately for you, you're still sort of outnumbered.

Suddenly, you're LUTE SAFFRON again. You note this as a strange thing to note, as you have always been LUTE SAFFRON. You and Adel have heard the fighting, and guessed that it was your companion making them. You both get ready for combat, Adel taking his bow out from his Etheric Receptacle, and you your rapier-wand.

Adel: The cavalry is here!
Matara: eAAARGH!
Adel: Eesh, that looks pretty vile.
Lute: Septic blasts. Good thing I can clean that up quickly after we're done with this battle.
Matara: COULD YOU TWO STOP DISCUSSING VOMIT BEAMS AND HELP ME?
Adel: We're getting to it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm going to count the extra images for the debt too.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's 1 Sketch/Writing a Day Thread: Day 364
« Reply #640 on: August 07, 2017, 02:01:27 pm »

http://imgur.com/a/clm95

I'm not using this.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Cinder's Daily Creation Thread: Day 365
« Reply #642 on: August 09, 2017, 01:16:32 am »

You've made it a year! That's incredible. Keep it up!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's Daily Creation Thread: Day 365
« Reply #643 on: August 09, 2017, 01:26:16 am »

You've made it a year! That's incredible. Keep it up!
Kudos Cin c:

This inspires me, one day I may even begin trying. u_u

This perseverance and consistency is awesome.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Cinder's Daily Creation Thread: Y1D1
« Reply #644 on: August 09, 2017, 03:12:42 am »

Has it been a year already? That's amazing, hun.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58