Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update 1.10 - KOBOLD MADNESS! (and pet fix and succubi update)  (Read 10457 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

::: Current version: V.1.10 - Updated 15th July 2016 - For DF.43.03 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::
::: Changelogs: V1.01 ::: V1.02 ::: V1.03 ::: V1.04 ::: V1.05 ::: V1.06 ::: V1.07 ::: V1.08 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

New update. The kobolds are out!

Mining!

First of all: Select if they can dig everything, or if they can dig soil-only. Note that you should only use the soil-digging option if you play no other civs in that world, because it will turn stone undiggable for everyone. Kobolds will still dig soil, gems and cobalt.

Worldgen!

Kobolds now appear on the neighbours tab, bring caravans, and have access to a lot more pets.

Spoiler: list of pets (click to show/hide)

Kitchen increase!

You get the Poison Cookery, the Critter Kitchen and the Juice Bar. Make poisons, eat vermin, make bonemeal/flux and brew teas and press juices.

Survival!

Since kobolds die so easily, here three options to help them survive a tiny bit longer: A medical training workshop, a siren to wake up sleepers/party-folk, and a armor-only metal you can make from bones.

FUN!

Lift the mood of your kobolds in the Shisha lodge and let them enjoy some slightly-illegal substances, or induce a strangemood by spiritwalking. Results may vary.

Spoiler: 2 lodges (click to show/hide)

Magic!

The totem pole got a little upgrade and is not only twice as interesting, but also your sink for overflowing totems...

Spoiler: totem pole (click to show/hide)

Weapons, Traps and Metals!

Throw bolas, hurl exploding totem-firebombs, shoot bullets from slings... set up totemhammers and whiplashes in traps, and smelt cobaltite into cobalt, the only real metal you have access to. IF you are playing with soil-only digging and happen to come across cobalt in the caverns. It is the only ore you can mine.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Succubus Features & Balancing
- New workshop: Fire shaper, produces weapons and clothing out of pure fire. It consumes surrounding magma to do so.
- Summoning decay brutes has been made easier.
- Summoning frog demons and HFS is now possible.
- Summoned underworld creatures will not be hostile.
- Pets should no longer attain sudden sentience and break everything (valid for all races).

Future plans: Updating the kobold manual and quick-guide, and waiting for feedback on the new kobold content; then rebalance and bugfix if necessary. Maybe a second wave of kobold content, who knows...

Patreon: 2 more Patrons last week, otherwise nothing new. Mod downloads at around 1000 since last friday. Remember, mod supporters get custom engravings, items or reactions. Help me help you. ;)

Cheers,
Meph

PS: I know at least 2 people who are probably very happy to see this. Arcvasti and chaosfiend, how is it going? :P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:12:07 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.10 - KOBOLD MADNESS! (and pet fix and succubi update)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:54:39 pm »

Has that intelligent creatures bug been fixed?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:29:07 am »

Has that intelligent creatures bug been fixed?

It should be, tell me if something behaves weird.

Nidhoggur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 11:44:08 am »

- New workshop: Fire shaper, produces weapons and clothing out of pure fire. It consumes surrounding magma to do so.

If they wear fire clothing, will they start fires when walking on / handling flammable materials? :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 12:01:37 pm »

I think they do. Which would also set all flameable objects on fire like wooden barrels they drink from, or other cloth. but I'm not entirely sure.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 02:21:43 pm »

If they wear fire clothing, will they start fires when walking on / handling flammable materials? :)

Not afaik, DF only the body temperature and fire clothing will not affect them.

On the ground however, this will cause all kinds of fiery fun. Try dumping them on your enemies. Btw as a reminder because clothes end up in rooms quite often, you can make metal beds at the forge.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:23:27 pm by Boltgun »

Nidhoggur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 01:47:33 am »

On the ground however, this will cause all kinds of fiery fun. Try dumping them on your enemies. Btw as a reminder because clothes end up in rooms quite often, you can make metal beds at the forge.

Sounds fun!

How valuable is the material? Will thieves catch fire when they steal it? :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 06:20:21 am »

Sounds fun!

How valuable is the material? Will thieves catch fire when they steal it? :)

Not very valuable, high quality silk will lift up the mood more. Thiefs should catch fire, because they put their loot in their bag. Non fire immune can also haul fire without problem.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 08:40:18 am »

Will succubi caravans bring this stuff with them?  If they do, will it light a wooden depot/outdoors depot on fire?
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 08:55:36 am »

Will succubi caravans bring this stuff with them?  If they do, will it light a wooden depot/outdoors depot on fire?

No, and if they do, report it to me.

See this thread for more succubi specific questions.

lurtze1

• Bay Watcher
  • Worshipper of the god of total chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 01:52:28 pm »

What is succubis patch 1407

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 03:26:39 pm »

What is succubis patch 1407
I forgot to delete that folder. Its the succubi changes I merged into the mod. Boltgun always sends me his changed files.