Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What happens when your adventurer dies post-worldgen via world activation?  (Read 1074 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

So I have a friend who was playing and as he was playing a fort his old adventurer died in some war. Does anyone know if player-adventurers who die due to world activation are entombed in the crypts underneath cities?

I know toady said that the ai will "stack corpses" in crypts in one of the df talks leading up to version 40.01 because he cant change the size of the crypt post-worldgen yet. But has anyone actually found the corpse of their adventurer in a crypt from a world-activation related death?

If so were they given a coffin, a slab or was it just the corpse?

(Note, this is a death due to world  activation, not a death while you were controlling them)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:12:36 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile

A few years ago, NPCs over their age limit would live until something "activated" them, aka an adventurer wandering into their turf. They'd then collapse dead.

It's not a good answer, but it may not have changed since.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

A few years ago, NPCs over their age limit would live until something "activated" them, aka an adventurer wandering into their turf. They'd then collapse dead.

It's not a good answer, but it may not have changed since.

Its changed since the world activation update.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:World_activities

Which is why I specified "via world activation".

I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did your friend check legends mode? If they can figure out where their adventurer died, they could travel to that site to see if there was anything done for them after death.  I suppose that checking the site of the death might also offer insight, because a tomb or catacomb might have been built after the battle, indicating a new addition.  He might also check for new slabs or what have you in the artifacts screen for right around that date, to see if a memorial was carved for the adventurer.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii