Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 34759 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 10:42:08 pm »

((Post bets now, count them as being under Raz for now I guess anyways post bets, split the pot, we need more people))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 11:29:02 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 11:02:26 pm »

"Huh? Eh, oh, I have a radio. Pick a frequency and I'll tune to that. Say...one team goes to security and the other goes to the elevators? That sound good?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 11:27:53 pm »

"Sounds fuckin' rad, bro."
Asshole glances over the rest of the party, as if seeing them for the first time.
"Hey, why aren't there any chicks here?"
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 02:05:58 am »

Advance with "Bro", staying frimly in the middle of the group. Have pistol and chain-blade in hand, ready for action in case something shows up.

"All right, team. I'm not proposing to be the leader here, but I've got experience in war-time situations. We need to clear security first to make sure our exit route won't be blocked, then the lobby. Any volunteers?"

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 06:15:48 am »

"I'll go into elevators, anyone who wants to come is welcome. I was thinking a group of two and a group of three, since we've got five, but I'm fine going solo."

<<If our radios go off while we're near enemies, do the enemies detect us if we're sneaking?>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 06:46:20 am »

((Don't forget your stat spoiler at the bottom of your posts, guys. And Spaz, please take the betting to OOC.))

Only Cai doens't have a radio. He should go with the group of three, toward the elevator. Be sure to check left and right, guys. I'll take Grant, and the security desk. Don't go too far ahead of us though - it's likely to be a short side trip. Come on, Grant. ((color changed since someone hijacked mine.))

Toby Approaches the security door, coming up to the side of it from the south, listening. If he hears nothing, and Grant (or someone else) comes along, he turns the knob and attempts to slowly open the door and peek in. If nothing stirs, he steps in and does a sweep of the room, gun ready. preferably with his partner sweeping alongside him.

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 08:04:24 am »

"Works for me, I'll be right behind you."

Follow Toby, listen/observe the outside of the security room, and if nothing seems off, help with sweeping the security room. Have the pistol at the ready.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 10:49:30 am »

"Radio, be-activated. You bros better be ready for a party, 'cause I brought enough to share!
I've got point. Tactical-style, aw yeah."

With one hand roll the keg of booze forward, with the other hold the shield in front. Move forward into the elevator room.

Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)
You carefully roll the keg of booze with one hand while holding up your shield with the other, ambling forward hunched and scooting, bending to push the keg every few steps. The bank of elevators is nestled in a marble island in the center of this room. This room is much like the lobby; all sunshine bright lights, fake stone walls and the stark elegance of sharp corners and unblemished flat surfaces. To the left, in the back corner of the room, is a bronze colored metal door with the words "Janitor" on it. Around the elevator island to the right are a pair of similar doors, entrances to the restrooms judging by the male and female pictrograms etched into them. The call buttons for the elevators are flashing, milky white buttons strobing slowly in a bronze plate.  No signs of struggle here either, everything is in its place; benches neatly pushed flush against the wall, walls and floor polished to a near reflective sheen, placard of offices conveniently near the elevators.

"I'll go into elevators, anyone who wants to come is welcome. I was thinking a group of two and a group of three, since we've got five, but I'm fine going solo."

<<If our radios go off while we're near enemies, do the enemies detect us if we're sneaking?>>
This isn't an action. There's no action here. But I'm gonna bring you to the elevators with egan because that seems to be your IC plan. Remember, bold your actions.

Advance with "Bro", staying frimly in the middle of the group. Have pistol and chain-blade in hand, ready for action in case something shows up.

"All right, team. I'm not proposing to be the leader here, but I've got experience in war-time situations. We need to clear security first to make sure our exit route won't be blocked, then the lobby. Any volunteers?"
I'm going to assume that by "Bro" you mean the guys Egan keeps calling bro and not egan himself. Because you don't have any actual names or the location you're moving to.
((Don't forget your stat spoiler at the bottom of your posts, guys. And Spaz, please take the betting to OOC.))

Only Cai doens't have a radio. He should go with the group of three, toward the elevator. Be sure to check left and right, guys. I'll take Grant, and the security desk. Don't go too far ahead of us though - it's likely to be a short side trip. Come on, Grant. ((color changed since someone hijacked mine.))

Toby Approaches the security door, coming up to the side of it from the south, listening. If he hears nothing, and Grant (or someone else) comes along, he turns the knob and attempts to slowly open the door and peek in. If nothing stirs, he steps in and does a sweep of the room, gun ready. preferably with his partner sweeping alongside him.

"Works for me, I'll be right behind you."

Follow Toby, listen/observe the outside of the security room, and if nothing seems off, help with sweeping the security room. Have the pistol at the ready.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)
You three sneak over to the security door, sidling along the wall until you reach it. Toby kneels down while Grant and Cain bunch up behind him, watching eagerly as he leans in and presses his ear to the door. This is what he hears. Without standing, he carefully reached up and tries the doorknob. He is relieved to find it locked. 

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:05:50 am by piecewise »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 11:01:06 am »

"What'd you hear man?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 03:36:07 pm »

Dogs, man. Dogs. Door's locked. I don't hear any people in there. Gosh, I don't know. You'd think the hostiles would want to secure that room. We probably should too, but if we do, we'll alert the hostiles for sure.

I guess it depends on whether those are security's dogs or ours.

Do our radios call out? I'd like to ask or contact if they know if this company kept security dogs or other security animals. is the metallic smell noticeably stronger over here? I'd like to wait one turn to continue listening. If there are not human sounds, we'll move on to the janitor's closet and check that.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 03:52:54 pm »

Spoiler: chaotic (click to show/hide)

"I don't like this. Their's no signs of a struggle, so either the staff willingly gave the place up, or they've spent a lot of time setting up a trap."

Put on Kinetic Dampening Skin Suit, go to men's restroom and carefully open the door.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:54:26 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 04:17:22 pm »

"Odd. I feel like we should secure it as well. I could toss a white phosphorus grenade in there. Should take care of most things in there."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 04:38:32 pm »

You'd have to get the door open long enough to get the grenade in, then get hte door shut so they don't just book it out here and start chewing on us. If we could get it unlocked we could open is just enough to toss the grenade then shut it again. I'd be happier if we'd brought some c4 and a tripwire to rig the door.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 04:48:38 pm »

"Yeah...a trip wire would be nice right now. We could just pile shit in front of the door, make it harder for anything to get out."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 08:07:41 pm »

Dogs, man. Dogs. Door's locked. I don't hear any people in there. Gosh, I don't know. You'd think the hostiles would want to secure that room. We probably should too, but if we do, we'll alert the hostiles for sure.

I guess it depends on whether those are security's dogs or ours.

Do our radios call out? I'd like to ask or contact if they know if this company kept security dogs or other security animals. is the metallic smell noticeably stronger over here? I'd like to wait one turn to continue listening. If there are not human sounds, we'll move on to the janitor's closet and check that.

Your radios might be able to reach someone; if only you knew which the frequency to try.

The metallic smell is stronger over here. Musty, coppery like sniffing pennies, and slightly sweet. You can't place it, but it makes you feel vaguely uneasy.

You spend this turn listening, hunched low by the door, covering your other ear. You hear clicking, probably claws on the floor, and a faint squishing noise as whatever is in there moves about. The sound wet rain boots make on tile. Soft, squishy footsteps. But you think you might hear someone in there; the movement is too big for a dog, and it sounds, maybe, like someone is using a computer? There's an occasional chime sound, a "da-ding!". Very muffled, but there.

Spoiler: chaotic (click to show/hide)

"I don't like this. Their's no signs of a struggle, so either the staff willingly gave the place up, or they've spent a lot of time setting up a trap."

Put on Kinetic Dampening Skin Suit, go to men's restroom and carefully open the door.
I'm assuming that you're already wearing your armor. Because why not right? Who would buy armor and then not wear it?

You creep over to the men's restroom, keeping your blade out in front of you, tip pointed wherever you look. You put your back up against the north wall and hold your blade out while slowly opening the men's room door. You get it open about six inches and then peek inside. The restroom is clean white tile and black stalls, urinals with black dividers between then and bronze colored piping. The sink is one large trough, also bronze, with several spigots feeding into it, with a huge oval mirror above it. The mirror has a small spattering of blood on it, as does the sink.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20