Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 36474 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2016, 08:26:46 pm »

"Fucking werewolves. Fuckin' a. The phosphorus should burn out soon, but I don't know about this room. Shouldn't there be some sort of fire system or something? Right?" Grant looks around, with his gaze finally settling on Toby. "Um...shouldn't we help him? Right? Isn't he the guy that bought all of the medic shit? Shit."

Um...use the medkit to try to stop the bleeding and (hopefully) keep him alive. Hope someone else decides to help me keep him alive.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)

((With the standard environment suit, about what are the temperatures I can withstand? Enough to go into the room after the white phosphorus is gone?))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:42:30 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2016, 08:51:39 pm »

Grant looks around, with his gaze finally settling on Toby. "Um...shouldn't we help him? Right? Isn't he the guy that bought all of the medic shit? Shit."

Um...shove a coagulant stim down Toby's throat. Hope someone else decides to help me keep him alive.
Use teh medkit, please. that is what it is for - to stop bleedout. the coag will restore strength, but if i am still bleeding out, it won't matter. It only restores one point per turn, so at best it wold delay the inevitable.

-1 Strength. -sigh- -eyeroll-

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2016, 09:42:54 pm »

((Will do))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2016, 03:12:05 pm »

((Understood, I bought three boxes of ammo, so I have 29 shots left.))
Chug some booze, update map.

9mm FMJ Ammo: property gained; Loaded
Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)
((Yep yep.))
You walk over to the keg, pop out your metal telescoping cup and pour yourself a cupful of booze. You chug it down in one go and flinch through the burn of it. Your vision starts to swim a bit and you feel a little floaty and unsure on your feet.

((reduce dex by 2))

"Fucking werewolves. Fuckin' a. The phosphorus should burn out soon, but I don't know about this room. Shouldn't there be some sort of fire system or something? Right?" Grant looks around, with his gaze finally settling on Toby. "Um...shouldn't we help him? Right? Isn't he the guy that bought all of the medic shit? Shit."

Um...use the medkit to try to stop the bleeding and (hopefully) keep him alive. Hope someone else decides to help me keep him alive.

((With the standard environment suit, about what are the temperatures I can withstand? Enough to go into the room after the white phosphorus is gone?))
You dig the med kit out of toby's bag and open it. Oh...oh there is a lot of stuff in here you don't understand. Uh. You grab a roll of bandages and start wrapping them around Toby's chest. The blood keeps coming, staturating the bandages and causing them to slough away from the wound. It's slick on your hands, putting red handprints on everything you touch. The bleeding doesn't stop.

Grant looks around, with his gaze finally settling on Toby. "Um...shouldn't we help him? Right? Isn't he the guy that bought all of the medic shit? Shit."

Um...shove a coagulant stim down Toby's throat. Hope someone else decides to help me keep him alive.
Use teh medkit, please. that is what it is for - to stop bleedout. the coag will restore strength, but if i am still bleeding out, it won't matter. It only restores one point per turn, so at best it wold delay the inevitable.

-1 Strength. -sigh- -eyeroll-

It is a bad day for ol' Toby.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2016, 03:26:36 pm »

"Fuck. Fuck! Any of you guys wanna help me keep our medic from dying or you all just gonna stand there?!?"

Keep working on Toby. Shove a coagulant down his throat to help counter act some of this bleeding, maybe buy some more time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2016, 04:06:26 pm »

"Huh? Ohhhh yeah, could tootes help wiith that, bro."
Grab the medkit and stabilize whatshidface.
AND DRINK MORE BOOZE

Inebriation: acquired
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:02:53 pm by Egan_BW »
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2016, 04:09:05 pm »

"...Toby, if you die, haunt them.
 Not me."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2016, 04:51:26 pm »

"Oh no you don't. I saw you take that drink. Keep the perimeter clear."

Do the actual healing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2016, 05:01:07 pm »

"Mmnah man, Igot this."
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2016, 06:11:30 pm »

"Look, you're not healing this guy if you're drunk enough to slur words. I'll help."

Help heal.

Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2016, 07:28:32 pm »

I assume I take another point of damage?

-1 Strength.
Down to 6. Gonna be more or less useless in combat for the rest of the mission, even with 1d4 returned from a coag, were I to stabilize this round. Maybe a battlestim or two would get me there. A second coag would likely kill me outright. Stupid crazy burning tigerman and weakass kinsuit. ((at least I didn't inherit his burning from the phosphorus. I knew that whatever was in that room was deadly.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2016, 12:06:53 am »

"Fuck. Fuck! Any of you guys wanna help me keep our medic from dying or you all just gonna stand there?!?"

Keep working on Toby. Shove a coagulant down his throat to help counter act some of this bleeding, maybe buy some more time.

"Oh no you don't. I saw you take that drink. Keep the perimeter clear."

Do the actual healing.
"Look, you're not healing this guy if you're drunk enough to slur words. I'll help."

Help heal.

((Grant actually did it this time))
Grant, after a lot of fumbling, manages to cauterize the wounds with an electrocauter from the med kit. He disinfects, packs the wounds with gauze, and then finishes bandaging them closed. It's not perfect, but it should hold for the moment.

"Huh? Ohhhh yeah, could tootes help wiith that, bro."
Grab the medkit and stabilize whatshidface.
AND DRINK MORE BOOZE

Inebriation: acquired
You walk over to where the rest of the team is, dragging the keg with you. They're all clustered around Toby as Grant works on him, watching anxiously. You smack your lips and fill your cup again.

"See...tha problem is that his blood is on the outside. Should be on the inside."

Grant, Chaotic, and Cai turn and look at you, their faces a mask of annoyance. You drink the contents of your cup and shrug.

"Trust me. I'm a doctor. Kind of."

((lose 4 dex))

I assume I take another point of damage?

-1 Strength.
Down to 6. Gonna be more or less useless in combat for the rest of the mission, even with 1d4 returned from a coag, were I to stabilize this round. Maybe a battlestim or two would get me there. A second coag would likely kill me outright. Stupid crazy burning tigerman and weakass kinsuit. ((at least I didn't inherit his burning from the phosphorus. I knew that whatever was in that room was deadly.))

(No loss this turn)
You groggily return to consciousness. Your chest is pounding, each heart beat sending radiating spikes of pain. You cough, and then immediately regret it. The rest of the team is crowded around you, staring down.  Philip is drinking. He looks slightly disappointed that you're awake. The other guys seem happier to see you awake. Grant in particular is beaming.  The room is filed with smoke and the smell of burning hair.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2016, 12:22:51 am »

cover them angles with smg
offer toby a cuppa booze

Inebriation: acquiredacquired
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:12:30 am by Egan_BW »
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2016, 12:44:23 am »

"Holy...holy shit you're alive. I...I wasn't entirely certain you'd survive, but holy shit, look at ya, here you are not bleeding everywhere anymore. You have no idea how happy I am right now!" Grant leans back a bit, looks around and throws up his hands, "And me! I'm not even a doctor. Holy shit..I can't believe that worked. Ha! Is...is this normal? I'm feeling really happy all of a sudden. Maybe I should sit for a bit? Heh. Ha!"

Look at Toby, make sure he's somewhat stable where he's at. Look at the burning room. Try and figure out if, with the standard environment suit, I can go in there and poke around. And not, you know. Die from the fire.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2016, 01:11:59 am »

"Sounds like a good time to celebrate life, ya dig? This booze if for sharing."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:14:42 am by Egan_BW »
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20