Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 35752 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2016, 07:36:04 pm »

Re-load AP. Sounds like some tough hides to shoot through. Be ready to shoot.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2016, 09:33:59 pm »

Draw my sword, stay prepared to fight anything hostile.

"This thing better not be like whatever was in the security office.

Spoiler: Chaotic "Oh Carp" (click to show/hide)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2016, 07:51:37 am »

To robolady: "Activate the third floor security measures, please."
can we get a map of what we see on this floor, along with the direction the booming is coming from? I'd like to put our team in a better defensive/offensive location than "milling about by the elevator."

Herd the group to a corner or other decent cover in the direction of Boomy McTearface's booming and tearing.

"Down teh hall your guys. Let's get closer to the arena and security site up here. No sense in letting them rampage all the way throughthe floor before we shoot them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2016, 11:13:30 am »

To robolady: "Activate the third floor security measures, please."
can we get a map of what we see on this floor, along with the direction the booming is coming from? I'd like to put our team in a better defensive/offensive location than "milling about by the elevator."

Herd the group to a corner or other decent cover in the direction of Boomy McTearface's booming and tearing.

"Down teh hall your guys. Let's get closer to the arena and security site up here. No sense in letting them rampage all the way throughthe floor before we shoot them.
"ACTIVATING EXECUTIVE SECURITY DROIDS."

The problem is that you don't really see anything on this floor right now because you're all still crammed in the elevator with the secretary bot in front of you. From this position all you can see past her is a plain white wall with a sliding metal door set into it.  The sounds you hear are coming from behind and to the right, assuming you are facing the doors out of the elevator.

"Shit. Shit! Are the turrets and security androids able to discern us from the subjects? If the answer is an affirmative, activate those measures now please. If negative, do not activate at this time. If you are able to help us fight the subjects, please do so."

Talk. Quickly. Be ready to shoot at incoming monsters.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)
"THEY ARE. I WILL ACCOMPANY YOU."

Draw my sword, stay prepared to fight anything hostile.

"This thing better not be like whatever was in the security office.

Spoiler: Chaotic "Oh Carp" (click to show/hide)

Re-load AP. Sounds like some tough hides to shoot through. Be ready to shoot.
"Hey lady, can you fight?"
Shoot the thing that just breached the third floor. Advance carefully if it's not showing itself.

Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)

The team, as one big cluster of nervous guns and blades, advances out of the elevator. The Secretary droid leads the way, nonchalantly strolling in front of them. They pass through the door directly in front of the elevator and out into the hall beyond.  Everything here looks very...sciency, maybe even too much so. The walls are all pure white and metallic, with vague circuit board like designs sparsely printed onto them, and white-blue light leaking out of small grooves in the corners where the walls and ceiling meet. It looks like the set from a sci-fi movie. There's a dull electrical hum in the air and something smells like antiseptic, but less intense.

The team heads down the hall. They pass an opening on their right, which leads into a conference room. A long polished chrome table with futuristic looking chairs and a big holographic projection system on the back wall. Just past that the hall takes a turn to the right, and the team stops at the corner. Across from them, on the opposite wall, is another opening. This one seems to lead to a concession stand, straight out of a movie theater.  Though, the things on display are a bit higher class than you would expect; pretty sure thats a tin of caviar next to bars of gold leaf covered chocolate.  The hall ends at two very heavy duty looking doors, blast doors maybe. The Robo-secretary seems to be heading down towards those doors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2016, 01:36:42 pm »

Follow the robolady. Ask her what the security droids look like and what capabilities they have. Have my gun at the ready, shoot what needs to be shot and be ready to run like a coward dodge out of the way. Pray to the various space gods I don't die suddenly.

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2016, 05:08:14 pm »

Continue following robolady until I have to fight something. Count my lucky starts and hope for the best.

Spoiler: Chaotic (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2016, 09:17:50 pm »

"Hehe, this is exciting."
Tank for the party.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2016, 04:51:39 am »

Spoiler: Ciaphas (click to show/hide)

Hide, hide, hide in the team with my pistol out! Merrily merrily merrily shoot the fucking mutant.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:54:15 pm by Gentlefish »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2016, 06:07:43 am »

Toby takes position in the doorway to the theater, using the doorway as cover. I will delay action this round, but will shoot if something big and ugly barrels through our frontline.

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2016, 08:37:37 pm »

((Anyone else think that this was probably the site of mutant cockfights? Explains the "arena", the fancy wall decorations, and the concession stand.))

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2016, 09:32:01 pm »

<<I wouldn't be surprised if that's true at this point, really. It makes a lot of sense.>>

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2016, 10:46:19 pm »

Follow the robolady. Ask her what the security droids look like and what capabilities they have. Have my gun at the ready, shoot what needs to be shot and be ready to run like a coward dodge out of the way. Pray to the various space gods I don't die suddenly.

"SECURITY DROIDS RESEMBLE STANDARD HUMANOID MODEL ANDROIDS, BUT WITH COMBAT ORIENTED LOADOUTS AS OPPOSED TO OTHER SERVICE PACKAGES. THE ONES ON SITE ARE NIK 1180 MODELS, HIGH END, BRAND NEW."

Continue following robolady until I have to fight something. Count my lucky starts and hope for the best.

Spoiler: Chaotic (click to show/hide)
"Hehe, this is exciting."
Tank for the party.

Spoiler: Ciaphas (click to show/hide)

Hide, hide, hide in the team with my pistol out! Merrily merrily merrily shoot the fucking mutant.
Toby takes position in the doorway to the theater, using the doorway as cover. I will delay action this round, but will shoot if something big and ugly barrels through our frontline.

The team advances up the hall until they reach the blast doors. The Gynobot stares at the door for a moment, eyes wide. The double doors open, sliding away from each other and revealing a very cushy private viewing box within. No sci-fi metal here, all mahogany wood paneling, brass fixtures, and fine crystal. There's a window that takes up much of the front of the room with a line of overstuffed red arm chairs arranged in a row, so as to watch what goes on outside. There's a brass table near the left most chair, which is stocked with cigars, very high end looking booze and a fair number of snifters and tumblers. The entire room is lit via warm edison style bulbs in tasteful overhead fixtures that resemble branching elk horns. The team gets about 5 uninterrupted seconds to drink the opulence in before the lower half of an android slams into the window and partially embeds itself in the 2 and a half foot thick glass. Something roars from down below, wherever the window looks out on, but it's not visible from the team's current position near the door.

"THAT IS ONE OF OUR EXECUTIVE SECURITY DROIDS." the secretary bot says, looking at the thing embedded in the spiderweb fracture in the window. "ADMIN ARE ADVISED TO REMAIN AWAY FROM THE WINDOWS."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2016, 10:54:04 pm »

"NAH."
Run up to the window and rain AP hell through the glass, onto the beastie below.

DAKKA

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2016, 11:48:35 pm »

"Well fuck."

If there becomes an opening through the window, shoot down below. But in the mean time, look and see what's fighting down there. If there are any additional defenses in the arena, start activating them, starting with "remote controlled bb gun", ending with "dead man switch Tsar bomba". You know, go in order of least lethal to most lethal to us in the executive room/likely to cause severe, irreplaceable damage to the building and it's contents.

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 19, 2016, 06:44:53 am »

Toby asks"
"what's that glass rated as? Bet it's bullet proof, at the very least."

Toby also stays out of the room until his teammates' actions resolve, then, if explosions don't happen, will approach enough to see into the theater.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20