Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 34755 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)
« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2016, 08:01:12 am »

Spoiler: Cai (click to show/hide)

"So what sort of mutated freak do we have down there? Also, what's the chance of your mind remaining intact through the mutation?" Ciaphas eyes Toby warily.

Stay away from glass. Be ready to shoot any mutant that succeeds to come -through- the glass.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #286 on: August 20, 2016, 12:00:51 am »

"NAH."
Run up to the window and rain AP hell through the glass, onto the beastie below.

DAKKA
Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)

You run straight up to the window and look outside. Down below is a large, diamond shaped arena with white metal walls, some kind of central elevator built into the floor with the doors torn off, and a pair of heavy blast doors to the right. In this area are 4 creatures and about half a dozen humanoid androids. The androids look sort of like crash test dummies but black, and sleeker, with a rounded, detail-less face. They're moving about at a brisk jog, in a very odd manner. They look human, but they don't move like a person; they don't look in the direction they're firing or hold their weapons in a stance. Each limb seems to operate independently, and they lope around the room in great bounding steps, leaping off walls, their aim remaining perfectly locked to their target even while their body tumbles through the air.  But still, they are losing. The four beasts in the room include the beetle man from before, along with a 4 armed lizard creature that looks vaguely crocodile-like but with a serpent head and fangs,  A rhinoceros man, and what is probably the cross between a praying mantis and a hornet man, judging by the forearm claws and the giant stinger. These beasts are tearing into the bots like there's no tomorrow, snatching the graceful metal men out of mid air and slamming them to the ground or slicing them in half. 

You watch this for a moment before choosing the Praying Wasp as your target and spraying a  few rounds into the glass. The AP rounds make it pretty deep into the window, but they don't make it through.

"Well fuck."

If there becomes an opening through the window, shoot down below. But in the mean time, look and see what's fighting down there. If there are any additional defenses in the arena, start activating them, starting with "remote controlled bb gun", ending with "dead man switch Tsar bomba". You know, go in order of least lethal to most lethal to us in the executive room/likely to cause severe, irreplaceable damage to the building and it's contents.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)
Well, the action above tells you whats in there, and sadly there are nothing in there to activate that is not already active and attempting to murder the problem.

Toby asks"
"what's that glass rated as? Bet it's bullet proof, at the very least."

Toby also stays out of the room until his teammates' actions resolve, then, if explosions don't happen, will approach enough to see into the theater.

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)
There's no giant explosions, so you wander over to the window and watch the fight. It would be quite entertaining without the creeping feeling that as soon as the robots are gone, the beast men are gonna go looking for something else to murder.

"So what sort of mutated freak do we have down there? Also, what's the chance of your mind remaining intact through the mutation?" Ciaphas eyes Toby warily.

Stay away from glass. Be ready to shoot any mutant that succeeds to come -through- the glass.
You continue to hide along with the gynobot, who stands around smiling slightly with her rubbery face.

Over the course of the turn 3 of the 6 robots are destroyed.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 20, 2016, 12:07:50 am »

Grant blinks a few times before turning to the robolady and holding up the White Phosphorus grenade. "Is there any way to get this in there quickly, or get it to one of those androids? I know it won't kill the subjects in there, but it might make their natural armor more brittle and them easier to kill."

Ask

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:16:35 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 20, 2016, 01:24:20 am »

Too bad i can't just chuck this frag grenade in there along with Grant's WP grenade. Could do some useful damage, and maybe even take out the wounded beetle being.

Those four and the werewolf we encountered in the security room on the first floor account for five of the original six, looks like. I bet that snake guy was infected by one of them. Wonder where the sixth is ...

Toby will explore the concession area and the theater briefly. You know, peek in far enough to scan the whole room. Then, I'm off to the door to the other side of the elevators.

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2016, 09:11:50 pm »

"Why can't these insane scientist-type people ever control their creations?"

Apply poison to my sword, keep prepared for all hell to break loose. Keep watch and warn everyone when the androids are destroyed, if neccesary.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:09:48 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2016, 04:33:29 am »

Any fancy alcohol? Look for some, well away from the glass. I think I need a small pull of something fancy.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]