Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 6/28]  (Read 52034 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2016, 11:45:21 pm »

+2 Sight

(more places to get input would be better for the game)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2016, 03:18:25 am »

Unnnhhhhh....

What a strange... you remember hearing...

Quote from: silentspirals
And pick an unambiguously happy song to be your new favourite musical work.

No way. That song was so smooth, and you really began to appreciate the lyrics when you got ol- wait, where did that thought come from? Where is this?

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2016, 08:15:37 am »

"Sorry but that would be us, beings beyond the vale of your reality who have Decided to assist you, although we aren't quite sure what that Requires."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2016, 08:20:28 am »

What were we doing again?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2016, 07:56:16 pm »

See if we can determine what woke us up. Check of there is anyone else around - look first, then sit still and listen.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 09, 2016, 08:48:59 pm »

Oh wow, I like that you decided to move this to Sufficient Velocity! :3 I've had a lot of fun reading some of the things that community there writes! (Also I sorta made an account there to check your thread until I realized you didn't need an account to do that...anyway)

So our initial goal was to investigate this place out of curiosity. Several happenstances now have us probably against(?) or in contact with something out of our control--the symbols we've noticed have a connection to each other with a couple of them seemingly being unknown.

Also it'd be great to hear from the folks on SV. What're your thoughts about that, Hugo? :D
...Can you also link your thread on that nice forum? :P It's not in the OP unlike the OP there, I think?

Perform a quick sweep of the area--check the flashlight and yourself for any permanent damage, then check the surrounding area for familiarity.

Then check your memory of what had happened after safety is determined.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:25:30 pm by Tiruin »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2016, 09:00:36 pm »

Perform a quick sweep of the area--check the flashlight and yourself for any permanent damage, then check the surrounding area for familiarity.

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2016, 11:18:57 am »

+1
+1 And who's face did we see when we were falling before we had the flashback

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2016, 01:55:50 am »

"Sorry but that would be us, beings beyond the vale of your reality who have Decided to assist you, although we aren't quite sure what that Requires."
You swear you almost hear Old Abe... boy, talk about a blast from the past. You must be getting residual memories from that dream.

What were we doing again?
Quote from: silentspirals
You are somewhere dark and creepy with weird energy beings. Maybe now is the time to prove "no escape" wrong?
It's as if you hear more voices from your childhood mixed up in the situation... but these seem like the right track. Right, time for some assessment.

Perform a quick sweep of the area--check the flashlight and yourself for any permanent damage,
+1

Climbing to your feet, you dust yourself off and start taking stock of the situation. You retrieve your flashlight and the bone arm from the floor and, after brief inspection, put the latter in your backpack.
○ You seem to be alright, aside from a sore spot on your right elbow where you must have landed on it. Your flashlight still seems to be working fine.

See if we can determine what woke us up. Check of there is anyone else around - look first, then sit still and listen.

It's hard to know how long you were out for, especially (and you curse yourself slightly for this) since you didn't bring a watch. In fact, you've never bothered to buy a new one since the last one you lost... but it's no good to worry about that now.
○ As far as you can tell, there is no one else around, though you think you can hear a faint... something... in the distance...

Quote from: Skewfiend
Turn off the light, and accustom your eyes to the minimal light given off  by the various electrics (unless you sense something).

The light makes you a target much more than it allows you to see right now.
Once accustomed, investigate your surroundings.
Hey, that's not a bad... Hmm. A thought occurs to you. It seems there's other sources of illumination nearby, and you're still feeling a paranoid after what happened. Perhaps you should see how much you can make out with those alone, and reduce the risk of drawing attention to yourself. You switch off your light, step forth...

...and wait for your eyes to adjust...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 9/22]
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2016, 04:35:55 am »

Alright! We're hearing from the awesome folks over at SV! :D
Knowing that the white figure isn't bio-luminescent (we're also unsure if it's biological for that matter), Inspect those tubes and begin following the railing. Is the floor of the same material as the one above? Staleness of the air?

I like how you're mellowing out the animations here Hugo. :3

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2016, 09:39:54 am »

Look up the elevator shaft. Hope you don't see anything.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2016, 08:59:49 pm »

Alright! We're hearing from the awesome folks over at SV! :D
Knowing that the white figure isn't bio-luminescent (we're also unsure if it's biological for that matter), Inspect those tubes and begin following the railing. Is the floor of the same material as the one above? Staleness of the air?

I like how you're mellowing out the animations here Hugo. :3
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 9/30]
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2016, 01:34:46 am »

Also crossposted here

Look up the elevator shaft. Hope you don't see anything.

The terrifying thought of an otherworldly figure flying down the elevator shaft after you crosses your mind. However, looking up with your now adjusted eyes, you see only the somewhat less disconcerting sight of a very deep darkness. It almost gives you vertigo...

You don't know if you'd be able to see it, anyways... probably best not to stay there for too long. Or at least not stand around staring at one spot.
○ The walls and floor both look like concrete, though they seem to be in better condition than those above. The wall behind you has some lines, but they look like pouring creases rather than cracks. The floor seems entirely smooth, while the side walls and ceiling seem to form a big curve. There's a sort of rough texture to them, like that of spray-on concrete. You allow yourself a small moment of pride on the research you've done for your urban exploration.
○ The air smells a bit damp, with that slight sort of burnt, dusty note that reminds you of an underground parking structure. There's also that sort of cold, tinny hint, like on a winter morning... but it doesn't seem stale exactly.

Quote from: Mithrandir
Plato's Garden; a reference to his philosophy, perhaps?  "The Allegory of the Cave"?  Something to do with shadows?  Chains?

Look around and make sure there aren't any prisoners - without the flashlight.  Light might get you beaten to death.

Prisoners? That's an odd thought...

Well, reminiscent of classical philosophy, perhaps... You look around. There really doesn't seem to be anyone else in here. Or much at all. A crate and maybe a floodlight on the other end of the room, and next to you, this pipe and that... thingy...

Quote from: Skewfiend
Investigate the doohickey, keeping an eye out for trouble from deeper in, and your back towards the areas you have been.

Could be over-cautious, but it pays to be sure.

Also lay a hand on the pipe to determine its temperature and lay an ear on it to hear if it is currently transporting anything.
+1

Well, closest things first. What is all this? You start with placing your hand on the pipe.

It feels a bit warm. Huh. Like it almost might be vibrating softly... but it's hard to tell just from feel. Maybe giving it a listen?

○ It almost sounds like... whispers. Distinct from the ones in your head, though.

Next, the "doohickey." Looks like it's got a tap, some big glass tubes, some strange markings. You reach out to investigate further.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:38:46 am by HugoLuman »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2016, 01:39:12 pm »

((Note: I'm putting links at the top of each update to make it easier to see what people on the other site are saying.

Also, is this getting a bit confusing, so people don't know what to comment?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2016, 02:14:46 pm »

((Eek, nope! It's just that I'm thoroughly busy with thesis and worry! I also like Skewfiend's notes about all those symbols mentioned prior))

Since both door and crates are covered by the others, let's check those lamps (facing Plato's Garden).
I find it nice that when we touch--there's a reaction with those white entities, who seem oddly variant.
To be sure, our area is illuminated right? Both the doorway and our current area thanks to those tubes?

Also that symbol above the doohickey seems to be just like the 'sight' symbol. Observe with scrutiny/check out the inside.
There also seem to be 3 words being rapidly repeated. My computer is laggy :P So I'm betting a loop of 3.

Can't seem to parse those letterings though.
Touch the tubes, what's the physical description of the feeling?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16