Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 6/28]  (Read 50316 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 9/30]
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2016, 03:38:38 pm »

((Eek, nope! It's just that I'm thoroughly busy with thesis and worry! I also like Skewfiend's notes about all those symbols mentioned prior))

Since both door and crates are covered by the others, let's check those lamps (facing Plato's Garden).
I find it nice that when we touch--there's a reaction with those white entities, who seem oddly variant.
To be sure, our area is illuminated right? Both the doorway and our current area thanks to those tubes?

Also that symbol above the doohickey seems to be just like the 'sight' symbol. Observe with scrutiny/check out the inside.
There also seem to be 3 words being rapidly repeated. My computer is laggy :P So I'm betting a loop of 3.

Can't seem to parse those letterings though.
Touch the tubes, what's the physical description of the feeling?
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 10/2]
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2016, 10:03:22 pm »

Also crossposted here

Also that symbol above the doohickey seems to be just like the 'sight' symbol. Observe with scrutiny/check out the inside.
+1

Looks like there's some symbols inscribed on the top pipe, and a couple more painted on the top panel of the big box part. One of the painted symbols looks very similar to the one you saw up above. Wait...

'sight' symbol
○ You think you hear... or remember hearing... one of your childhood imaginary friends. Auntie Yellow telling you it's a symbol for "sight."

Touch the tubes, what's the physical description of the feeling?
+1

Feels like smooth glass. Definitely warm, too, and it almost feels like it's gently vibrating. For good measure, you feel the bodywork of the device. Feels like cold, solid metal, though probably mostly hollow.

Quote from: Skewfiend
Anyway, for now, turn away from the device, and check out that door. Have a look through it to see if anything is amiss or threatening. If not, take a look at the crate.
Quote from: Tiruin
To be sure, our area is illuminated right? Both the doorway and our current area thanks to those tubes?

The tubes at least seem to make the surrounding area a bit brighter. Perhaps it's time to take a look at the rest of this antechamber. You head over to the doorway on the other end.

It's dark in there. Just glancing in, there don't seem to be any lights on further in, at least not nearby. You can see a wall about 5 feet distant, so you'd guess it's a corridor running off to either side. You can swear you hear some kind of music, too. Very faint, off in the distance to one side.

Since both door and crates are covered by the others, let's check those lamps (facing Plato's Garden).

Looks like a fairly standard floodlight. It's rather hard to make out color with your night vision, but you'd reckon the scratched paint on it is probably yellow. It doesn't look like it's in very good condition, though. You can't really speak as to the status of its actual lights, but the wiring seems to be missing. Ah well. Next, you turn to the crate

It's a big, heavy-duty plastic looking thing.
◈○ With a bit of welly, you pull the lid open. Must've been shut for a while to be that stuck.

You have to adjust your angle to let more light in, then wait a bit while your eyes adapt again, but soon you can kinda make out the contents.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:04:54 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2016, 11:06:36 pm »

Shine our flashlight into the box, then use the pen to copy the sight rune onto the bone arm. Try focusing on the arm, then the rune, then the arm and yourself, then the rune and yourself, then the arm, rune, and yourself.

Theory: The white being couldn't actually harm us- I think it phases through biological matter.

Note to Self: Find explosives later so that we can break open the concrete seal on this place. Mines have explosives in them, right?

Also: I'm pretty sure we're either replicas/clones/simulacrums of your imaginary friends or have suffered amnesia, because we (or, at least, I) don't have any memories of you/your life except for the stuff that happened after you entered the mine (including the dream sequence).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2016, 11:16:18 pm »

Hm... I have an idea...

I (as in, the voice, not Noir) will try to "jump" into the weird machine that we investigated earlier. If that doesn't work, I'll try to jump into the pipe. May you please touch them before/while I jump?

Wish me luck...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2016, 11:45:59 pm »

I...have the distinct idea that this theme is heavier on thought and memory than I first assumed.
Mayhap, the flashback we just saw has more correlation than mere 'backstory' given several...instances that Noir IS aware of, but it's just like that natural 'in the background' normalcy feeling.

Connecting these details and that we are assumed to be the thoughts of our protagonist--considering the distinct measure of thoughts in daily living (ie 24/7 processing, so these are just like how we think daily--probably gone at miliseconds but also just as impactful as any major event if focsed on), our words have a lot of impact in our posts.

Let's see...
Any quotes we remember from our parents regarding our current feelings and situations?

There's no suggestion on their forum yet so...
Digital Camera those tubes; those symbols can help us remember if we put it in memory (or at least in any kind of recording). Don't use the Flash option.

Also hum. A whole note followed by 4 quarter notes. Seems familiar...
Listen to the music--does it cue anything?
> Retrieve Pen, a small stack of paper, {that notebook}
Do we recall anything regarding {that square symbol next to the sight symbol}?

Reminisce Nostalgic vibes about Auntie Yellow.

What's on my mind right now are:
> Coding for those symbols (if only we had a clue or general gist of the idea. Like early on: Intruder? Must murder? Prevent knowledge? It's difficult to assume by sign language alone--especially if it isn't sign language [since I study sign language and non-verbal communication XD]
> What is THAT SQUARE THING, next to that sight symbol.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2016, 11:41:09 am »

Um,

Guess that is where the guy who wanted to kill us came from.

Think about what the chances are of this place having done weird experiments with the wired chalk stuff(?), and it led to them trapping themselves in here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:44:06 am by impcamper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2016, 11:58:29 am »

Oh cheese. That- ok, we just missed it entirely.

It analyzed our general statistics--Fight, Sight, Flight symbols--and I can infer those four-pointed symbols correlate to '2', '3', '3'. And it checks out. There are however two other possible things? Below the gender area. And that lock?

...I'm now beginning to assume that the dot acts like a symbolic parser. Much like...err, drawing from personal lore here (ie Baybayin script), dots and other symbols (ie tiny 'x's or such) in positions towards the lettering change the meaning or designate a new letter entirely. Which can possibly also apply to numerals, unless the "2" or "3" are actually numerals than numbers (like roman numerals).

Still too confusing to decode the symbols. I...think?
Going to do a re-read but I'm swamped by thesis. :I

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2016, 12:32:20 pm »

Oh cheese. That- ok, we just missed it entirely.

snip

Huh, stat measurements. Also, what is up with the flashlight being four, things in the scan?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2016, 12:43:12 pm »

Huh, stat measurements. Also, what is up with the flashlight being four, things in the scan?
Four things wherenow?
In that scan, our 'flashlight' isn't shown but assumed to be in our right hand--you can see the fingers artistically rendered as triangles :P

But...it's just me, because I notice the lock symbol can mean we had something unlocked or at least displaced/unjoined by the disappearing line with technical visuals. My PC (thanks net) didn't load that part the first time. :-[

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2016, 12:49:59 pm »

also, with the 2,3,3; I look at them and the symbols that are spoken, and i think, 'I have seen this somewhere before, but i don't remember where.' Its annoying.
Also, have you noticed that there are symbols on the blade?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:52:23 pm by impcamper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 03, 2016, 01:05:20 pm »

also, with the 2,3,3; I look at them and the symbols that are spoken, and i think, 'I have seen this somewhere before, but i don't remember where.' Its annoying.
Also, have you noticed that there are symbols on the blade?
Yeah that's part of it--there are several areas where we see those symbols: In the air, probably assumed to be dialogue OR, considering the nature of thoughts and Noir or Sammy, it may be her visualizing those things...which I should make into another bolded suggestion but that's for later because Hugo needs a nice rest :P And the context for it.

So:
> The air (symbols 'spoken' by the entity at the start)
> The sword (probably like runes to support an effect)
> Signage (the tubes, and other areas--somehow it is not the same with the computer, being familiar with a more 'modern' feel and the military-esque style text on the walls and elevator.)
> That hand interlude (Those were actually numbers or numeral symbols! It was a simple thing. Huh.)

You can note that there is a long list of symbols--generally (I think), 3 categories:
> Those without dots
> Those with dots or bar lines (like here for both this and the previous one)
> Those that are like the others but with diagonals instead of being straight (I think this is the only one)

Doing a re-read when not busy with thesis stuffs.

**Has ANYONE got the note about the Saturday Night Special?! Maybe we should ask Noir to remember this term and check her memory.
*Also I pretty much do feel that, if we ever decode this symbology, we can slow-frame that one place where we see that cute spirit-like white thing and our 3 SIGHT symbols. It's saying three things, probably corresponding to what tube affects (like a section or something? Those symbols have a 'sameness' to the entity, so if someone can gather them up picture by picture--and WAIT for more clues because I've tried parsing them and it's hard to do so)

Edit: Goodness I am really thinking Noir is visually SEEING her sensations (I think there's a term for that but I forgot because it's 2:04am.), like noting that vague difference of those musical notes--just 2 different pictures to show that. Plus one note to that conjecture then. \o/
Hah, I wasn't wrong when I said I'll be deeply enjoying your game, Hugo! :3 And you told me this was 'simple'.

Also total aside: Prophet, your avatar is... :-X I know that visual effect and subsequent scary-factor but...yeah.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 01:11:43 pm by Tiruin »

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 03, 2016, 01:39:17 pm »

More fun. I know thati have seen those.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 01:41:57 pm by impcamper »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2016, 09:06:26 pm »

Ooh, there are numbers(?) above the tubes (just pointing that out in case anyone else didn't notice it)!

Say... can we try to use the pen to replicate the symbols that we saw on the blade, preferably in the same positions they were in on the blade? If that fails, maybe we could inscribe them on the arm.

Don't forget that we should try to concentrate on any symbols that we create!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 03, 2016, 09:57:59 pm »

Ooh, there are numbers(?) above the tubes (just pointing that out in case anyone else didn't notice it)!
Numbers or some kind of numeral/symbol thing. Considering it to SEEMINGLY be like piping, we may see the same symbols in the future.

However what perplexes me is that the thing inside the tube (and no I'm not thinking of breaking it) is like a tiny spirit creature :<
It's so cute!

Also if you shift the contrast a bit--there are several ovalesque shades within the white beams. It...doesn't seem anything major, but its something to note :D Dat subtlety.
As in, "1 long ovalesque shape" "2 short ovalesque shapes (one of them is a bit cut by the piping, upper)" "one short ovalesque shape", like, stretched along the beam. It's a nice small touch.

Also everything we just posted about is being thought of in Noir's mind. Yes.
What is our favorite color again?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - Filters wearing down [new 10/2]
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2016, 07:17:22 pm »

Crossposted here

Also everything we just posted about is being thought of in Noir's mind. Yes.

Your brain is suddenly racing, almost too much to sift through, but you do your best to stay focused. First things first...

Quote from: Skewfiend
Well, the obvious thing would be to bring the shite in the crate into the light and give it a once-over.

We should probably get a hop along after that. If this place is powered by that emergency generator, who knows how long it will hold out?
Shine our flashlight into the box,

Shrugging off your recent paranoia about the flashlight for a moment, you figure it wouldn't be as visible just using it to get a better look at the box's contents.

> Retrieve Pen, a small stack of paper, {that notebook}

You pick up the pen and the notebook. Looks like a MathWorld graph paper full-size notepad. Pretty sure you have one just like it back home. Well, probably in better condition. You flip through it.

It's totally blank. Aside from some water damage at the bottom of the page, it's perfectly usable. Next, you take a look at the printer paper.

Yikes. Tugging open one of the sheaves of paper, you find most of it's been ruined by moisture. Maybe you could dig out some usable sheets with a more intensive search, but looks like most of the printer paper has conglomerated into mildewy bricks. Before you take a look at the folder, though, you start sorting through your thoughts.

Also: I'm pretty sure we're either replicas/clones/simulacrums of your imaginary friends or have suffered amnesia, because we (or, at least, I) don't have any memories of you/your life except for the stuff that happened after you entered the mine (including the dream sequence).

Oh.
Oh...
Well, crap. You've got voices in your head. Not all of them entirely familiar, either. To be honest, you're not sure what they are. Some of them sound like your imaginary friends, but you think you might've almost heard them at other various times in the past, too. Sometimes you've been afraid of some kind of early-onset schizophrenia, given what happened with... but you also think it might just be your way of organizing your thoughts? Well, at least it helps you not feel as lonely.

Hm... I have an idea...

I (as in, the voice, not Noir) will try to "jump" into the weird machine that we investigated earlier. If that doesn't work, I'll try to jump into the pipe. May you please touch them before/while I jump?

Wish me luck...

Digital Camera those tubes; those symbols can help us remember if we put it in memory (or at least in any kind of recording). Don't use the Flash option.

Well, you all seem to have ideas related to the tubes, so I'll step away from the crate for now. First you go ahead and photograph the tubes.

A bit grainy, due to the light, but better than the last one. Next, you touch the tube to see if the voices might have something to do with this device.

Then the pipe...

...but you really don't think anything happened.

use the pen to copy the sight rune onto the bone arm. Try focusing on the arm, then the rune, then the arm and yourself, then the rune and yourself, then the arm, rune, and yourself.

snap

Huh. Guess it's a mechanical pencil.

Say... can we try to use the pen to replicate the symbols that we saw on the blade, preferably in the same positions they were in on the blade? If that fails, maybe we could inscribe them on the arm.

Don't forget that we should try to concentrate on any symbols that we create!

You don't think you can inscribe anything on the arm right now. Also, you can't really recall clearly what those symbols were at the moment. You were a bit busy running for your life back there, after all.

Let's see...
Any quotes we remember from our parents regarding our current feelings and situations?

Also hum. A whole note followed by 4 quarter notes. Seems familiar...
Listen to the music--does it cue anything?

Do we recall anything regarding {that square symbol next to the sight symbol}?

Reminisce Nostalgic vibes about Auntie Yellow.

You don't really feel like getting all nostalgic at the moment, but nothing really springs to mind anyways. Papi said a lot of things appropriate to many situations, but then again he was an English professor. You'd rather not think about that stuff too much right now, though, okay?

Anyways, it's your first time seeing that square symbol. You stroll back towards the crate till you hear that music again, though. You think there's something kinda familiar to it? It's really hard to tell though, it sounds pretty distant.

Um,
Guess that is where the guy who wanted to kill us came from.

Think about what the chances are of this place having done weird experiments with the wired chalk stuff(?), and it led to them trapping themselves in here.

Well, that there's something weird going on here is pretty apparent, you'd say. You're not sure about the chalk part, but there's definitely something weird.

Black.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16