Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 6/28]  (Read 50325 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 10/5]
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2016, 08:37:19 pm »

Copy the sight symbol onto the notepad. Both of us (me and Noir) should try to focus on it and ourselves.

Scribe the following image next to (on both sides), above, and beneath the sight symbol and repeat the process, trying to focus on different combinations of ourselves and the symbols:

_
|_

Write down this series of symbols (replace the asterisks with dots) and focus on them/ourselves:

__  _   _
[The two leftmost symbols on the strange device] |*| |_  |*

Repeat the process with the sight and might runes (adjacent to each other).

Scribe the two leftmost runes on the strange device onto the piece of paper in reverse order and repeat the process.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:43:20 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2016, 10:09:52 pm »

"Some of them sound like your imaginary friends, but you think you might've almost heard them at other various times in the past, too."

When were those times, and what happened during/before/after them?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2016, 12:26:31 am »

I'm personally guessing we can't find things out unless we be proactive.

Forward! Advance towards the music! (As in proceed into the next room)

Looks like the SV thread needs a bit more love. :<

Copy the sight symbol onto the notepad. Both of us (me and Noir) should try to focus on it and ourselves.[...]
..."Me"?

"Some of them sound like your imaginary friends, but you think you might've almost heard them at other various times in the past, too."

When were those times, and what happened during/before/after them?
I don't think this is the right time we should do this--save the introspection for later.
We however do know that there's something going on with Noir here :D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:42:23 am by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2016, 10:36:10 am »

By the way, the TheBiggerFish on SV is also me.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 10/23]
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2016, 06:34:20 pm »

(SV Mirror here)

Copy the sight symbol onto the notepad. Both of us (me and Noir) should try to focus on it and ourselves.

Scribe the following image next to (on both sides), above, and beneath the sight symbol and repeat the process, trying to focus on different combinations of ourselves and the symbols:

_
|_

Write down this series of symbols (replace the asterisks with dots) and focus on them/ourselves:

__  _   _
[The two leftmost symbols on the strange device] |*| |_  |*

Scribe the two leftmost runes on the strange device onto the piece of paper in reverse order and repeat the process.

Alright, you think you get it. You're not sure it will do anything, but suppose it can't hurt to try.

Concentrating on it doesn't seem to do anything. You try adding some more symbols

Concentrating still doesn't seem to do anything. Neither does concentrating on both it and any of the distinct voices. Are you voices sure you're concentrating, too? Well, guess you'll try the next set, though you're pretty sure that set of symbols isn't quite right. You copy off the pipe for good measure.

Nope. Try and focus as you might, it doesn't really seem to do anything. Also...

Might rune? Which one's that? You decide to put a pin in this for now, and put your new notepad and pencil away, along with the bone arm.

I'm personally guessing we can't find things out unless we be proactive.

Forward! Advance towards the music! (As in proceed into the next room)

As you head towards the darker tunnel, you can make out the music a little more clearly. It sounds kind of brassy, and a little sad. You step through the doorway.

○ You can make it out a lot better in here. It sounds like... a saxophone? Definitely a saxophone. Sounds like mostly sharp notes, too.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:35:59 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 11/1]
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2016, 10:10:43 pm »

(SV Mirror of this update)

Quote from: Skewfiend
Approach cautiously, I guess.
Quote from: TheBiggerFish
What sort of music is that?

Looks like the lights in the direction the music's coming from stop after a bit. Still, you approach cautiously, taking care to tread as silently as possible. The music seems to repeat itself after a short time, though it sounds perhaps like a slightly different permutation.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2016, 11:30:41 pm »

Woo, holidays took quite a pass for busyness :P Sorry for that Hugo.
((Has anyone told you your art is amazing? :v))

Also TBF, you're posting there than here? XD Nice to see you on the other nice forum.

Greet the creature making the music.
Make a Perception roll if that's the best approach.

Really unsure if we're being rude interrupting a person's music, but best just announce ourselves because given the lighting and such, we're clearly visible. Although that darkness is pretty palpable. Wondering if that creature has an aura or something, or it's just the bad lighting conditions :P

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2016, 11:39:23 pm »

Woo, holidays took quite a pass for busyness :P Sorry for that Hugo.
((Has anyone told you your art is amazing? :v))

Also TBF, you're posting there than here? XD Nice to see you on the other nice forum.
(Well, just this once. Weren't any suggestions posted here this update :c)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2016, 11:41:38 pm »

(Well, just this once. Weren't any suggestions posted here this update :c)
(Aww, hugs to you. :/ People may be just busy because of the holidays though! But I'm bumping this because it's nearly over :P)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2016, 09:25:50 am »

What sort of key is that even?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2016, 11:12:27 am »

Find this out

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2016, 09:12:52 pm »

Find this out
Key? :-X :-[
I'm not familiar with terms but I read all the notes as if in piano or by flute. Do you mean the clef? I'm not that knowledgeable in music.

It does seem like the mystery figure is using some kind of saxophone or something though.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2016, 10:00:27 pm »

We really should have investigated that strange machine further. Y'know, seeing whether or not there's anywhere that we can put things in it or if we can disassemble it. At the very least, we could have tried to break it to see what would happen.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2016, 05:04:24 am »

I'm not familiar with terms but I read all the notes as if in piano or by flute. Do you mean the clef? I'm not that knowledgeable in music.

It does seem like the mystery figure is using some kind of saxophone or something though.
Key, or clef

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2016, 08:17:13 am »

Key, or clef
Oh.
Isn't this the G-clef?

Edit: I'm trying to replicate the song (offline) but I haven't found any 'programs' that could both save and play it online :I
It's quite a nice tune there!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:19:04 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16