Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 6/28]  (Read 50298 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 11/24]
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2016, 12:54:47 am »

(If there are no objections, I'm going with "Citrine" as that has the most support)
Going with the dudes on SV here :3
Seems like many folks on B12 are busy (due to the demographic being around college level; it's FINALS :D). Checking it up, +1 to Citrine!

Although I wonder why Derm and TBF aren't posting here.

E: Feedback? KEEP AT IT :D
If you're worried about the seemingly-maybe low player post count, it's probably because this game is finding its feet or getting around. Not to worry much since there's a lot in store with you there. :P

Just keep at this nice work here. :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:00:53 am by Tiruin »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - The Garden [new 11/24]
« Reply #211 on: December 23, 2016, 03:44:02 am »

(Update mirrored on SV here)

"Well... are you a girl?"

"A girl? No, I don't think so."

"Oh. Well, in any case, I shall call you... Citrine."

"..."

"Thank you. That was very nice of you. Hmm.... maybe I should practice introducing myself..."

"My name is Citrine... hello... may I help you?"

Get a nearby layout of the area. Until where is their estimate of 'change' and 'unchange'. Mention the glowing-pipe mechanism you saw earlier, and then ask for help in learning what the symbols you saw, mean.

"Well yes, actually. I hope... Could you give me a basic layout of this area? Erm, keeping in mind that you said the directions... changed? What did you mean by that?"

"Oh... hard to say, to be honest. Hard to tell in this world... whether it's the place or just me. Pretty sure someone's messing with directions... but maybe I just wasn't built to tell directions that well. Pretty sure there's always this hall, though, and always the Forbidden Doors at this end and always the Entrance to the Garden in the middle. You must have passed that on the way down this hall after being born. But I wouldn't go in there. Sounds like they built you thinking about the world above, and if you go in there where the way up is, you'll just get sad thinking about it.... Hmm, but past here, I dunno. Lots of empty halls and empty rooms. You can probably find a bed no one's claimed yet."

"Actually, I've been through the entrance. There was this machine with glowing pipes and strange symbols. Can you tell me about that, or what the symbols mean?"

"These pipes? Hmm. They're for Memory. Or was it soul? Sometimes they connect to.. hmm.. sinks, I think. Memory sinks... Heard them called that. They say it's very important to be Remembered. The symbols though... hmm..."

You think you hear an apologetic sigh, but it's difficult to tell with that whispery voice. "I am sorry, I don't think I know how to teach you to read."

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:49:23 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - Hello Citrine! [new 12/22]
« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2016, 03:49:00 am »

One of the images is broken. :(

"It's ok--I just need to know the meaning of symbols."

Hopefully those symbols aren't individual letters and moreso 'symbols as words or meanings'.
...Although they can pretty much be letters too.

Try to remember what lettering was from that 'entity' upstairs, and then write it down--show it to Citrine.
Or at least try to detail what happened up there and that you saw words form. Ask the possible meaning.

Hopefully we can decode from there.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - Hello Citrine! [new 12/22]
« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2017, 03:42:01 pm »

(Fixed. Also, very sorry for delays!)

(SV Mirror)

"It's ok--I just need to know the meaning of symbols."

"It's ok - I just need to know the meaning of symbols."

"Hmm... I don't know how to say off the top of my head..."

"What if I show you some?" You take out the graph paper and show Citrine what you've written down:

"Not sure about the ones on the left... don't think they mean anything on their own. Don't recognize that combination either... hmm, but the bit on the right says "Fëa" I think."

Try to remember what lettering was from that 'entity' upstairs, and then write it down--show it to Citrine.
Or at least try to detail what happened up there and that you saw words form. Ask the possible meaning.

Hopefully we can decode from there.
Well, you're pretty sure there were symbols around his hand, but you don't remember seeing anything else. Just those strange noises it made... "That, er, Antibody upstairs. There were some symbols around its hand. Do you know what they mean?"

"Sorry. I've only ever seen the Antibody from a distance..."

Quote from: Dermonster, post: 7527412, member: 595
[X] Invite him to come along with you. More hands and eyes are always welcome, and perhaps he can translate for you.

"Well, thanks for everything, Citrine. So, uh, would you like to come with me? I could really use a guide, and someone to translate."

"Sorry, but I'd better stay here. Don't want to get into trouble. But thank you too, very much..."

Spoiler: Inventory* (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - Hello Citrine! [new 1/9]
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2017, 04:33:32 am »

I'm under the impression that those symbols aren't individual letters by themselves now ._.

Ask what Citrine means by trouble.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2017, 11:55:43 am »

(Apologies again for long delays! I'll have an update up later today)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2017, 01:37:10 am »

(I'm slipping back into the pits, and must try to arrest my descent. I'll try to update this tomorrow. I can only hope I haven't alienated my readers.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2017, 06:26:09 am »

(I'm slipping back into the pits, and must try to arrest my descent. I'll try to update this tomorrow. I can only hope I haven't alienated my readers.)
* Tiruin highfives you.
Depression is :( , but knowing you, you always care about the stuff you make. You'll never alienate this place :3 Or even I assume the other nice forum. As long as you're able to handle an IG in your time. Please be well! :)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2017, 07:26:26 pm »

What Tiruin said!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2017, 03:29:30 am »

(Thank you! I am always grateful for your support. With any luck I can motivate myself with my projects and do better next time.)

(SV mirror)

I'm under the impression that those symbols aren't individual letters by themselves now ._.

Ask what Citrine means by trouble.

"Trouble?"

"Oh, you know. Things moving in the dark."

"Ah... er... I'll keep that in mind. Thanks."

Quote from: Dermonster
Time to move on then. Is there a passage to the south? If not, return the way you came.

Yeah, there is a passage around the corner here. Though you're not sure if it's actually "South." Hmm, I really should start keeping track of these things. In any case, it's a new direction, so, finished here for now, it's time to go explore.

"Oh, and Noir,"

"Good luck."

A short distance down this corridor, you find a branching corner. There don't seem to be any lights on this way up ahead, at least not that you can see.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - Bye Citrine! [new 2/24]
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2017, 10:26:14 am »

At first glance, I had thought that that 'trident' shaped thing up there wasn't of the same shade as the crack in the ceiling :P

Look left.

Also I just noticed our inventory had a *, and there were items we didn't examine yet :P

Check that manila folder!
Though its reasonable, as we didn't have the time to check it before.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:22:10 pm by Tiruin »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2017, 01:56:14 pm »

At first glance, I had thought that that 'trident' shaped thing up there wasn't of the same shade as the crack in the ceiling :P

Look left.

Also I just noticed our inventory had a *, and there were items we didn't examine yet :P

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2017, 09:14:26 pm »

Quote from: Dermonster
  • Always gotta check the side passages first, but what are those things on the ceiling? Lights and a sprinkler system or?
Looks like just inactive strip lights. There's wires running along the walls and ceiling to them, but apparently no juice. Or maybe the bulbs are bad.

Hmm, do mines usually have sprinkler systems? Seems unlikely, but you feel you should know this. Do you voices know anything about that?

Look left.

You advance and peer around the corner.

There are a couple doors, and the passage continues a bit after that. You think you see might another corner ahead this way.

+1

Oh yeah! You picked that up earlier, but didn't look through it. Well, no time like the present!

You pull the folder out of your backpack and examine it under your light.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 2/25]
« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2017, 09:28:47 pm »

Grandpa o_o
Also I really love how you draw people, Hugo. ^ ^ That style feels so unique to me and meshes well with the characters.
...Also that paperclip is stuck through the folder. :P

Check behind the picture/around the folder for what seems to be a passcode for "Dr. Norte's door"
Failing that, check the first door!

Now that I recall where we found that, I really wonder whose...arm we have in our inventory. (Maybe it works with DNA scans :P)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 2/25]
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2017, 10:52:20 pm »

Grandpa o_o
Also I really love how you draw people, Hugo. ^ ^ That style feels so unique to me and meshes well with the characters.
...Also that paperclip is stuck through the folder. :P

Check behind the picture/around the folder for what seems to be a passcode for "Dr. Norte's door"
Failing that, check the first door!

Now that I recall where we found that, I really wonder whose...arm we have in our inventory. (Maybe it works with DNA scans :P)
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16