Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Psst, the Eclipse is in progress.  (Read 1072 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Psst, the Eclipse is in progress.
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2017, 04:33:30 pm »

Aside from a slight darkening of the ambient light level,  I didn't get to experience much. I had no materials to make an eclipse viewer, no eclipse glasses, not even some trees so I could observe the weird shadows.

Basically a disappointment, but I expected that.

Apparently, you could have done this to get weird shadows.

http://i.imgur.com/lDGLWt8.jpg
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2017, 04:41:12 pm »

Aside from a slight darkening of the ambient light level,  I didn't get to experience much. I had no materials to make an eclipse viewer, no eclipse glasses, not even some trees so I could observe the weird shadows.

Basically a disappointment, but I expected that.

Apparently, you could have done this to get weird shadows.

http://i.imgur.com/lDGLWt8.jpg

Ah darn I missed out in doing that.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 05:51:35 pm »

Damn, yeah me too. Does that only happen in the total eclipse or would it occur at, say, half-totality?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 06:35:10 pm »

Slept through it. 10AM is too early for me, and I'm only in the 75% zone anyways.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. Was this inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2017, 06:46:09 pm »

Damn, yeah me too. Does that only happen in the total eclipse or would it occur at, say, half-totality?
That's a partial eclipse effect, which naturally happens up to and just after totality.

Also that Castlevania thing, I was sure that was the plot of Code Geass.
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2017, 11:36:02 pm »

I was on the street during the closest approach to NYC. My pinholes were fairly unimpressive, but some old lady with a homemade pair of eclipse glasses graciously allowed my family and the few assembled onlookers to view the eclipse directly.

It was pretty cool. I really would have liked to get to a total eclipse, but it just seemed too far away. Still, a lot of fun (although mostly because of the glasses; I hadn't even realized how much of the sun was blocked from here!)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2017, 01:30:08 am »

It was cloudy for me, which was great because it let me view the eclipse (sadly not the full eclipse, but ~80% of the sun was still covered) through my phone camera.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2017, 05:55:47 am »

The partial eclipse was visible from my city, but I knew that'd be disappointing, so my friends and I drove a few hours south to Tennessee to see it totality. It was amazing. Would definitely drive an 8-10 round trip again to see this 2.5 minute phenomenon.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:58:42 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 2 [3]