Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: .  (Read 2655 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: fucduck's DF Stories
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 12:00:17 am »

Ooooooh. It's an aquifer gate. I hope that you recive blessing from the mushroom trees.
Nope, can't keep a straight face.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 02:51:12 am »

A future ruler....But as you remind us, the elves are immortal. How many would have to die for Are Omonila to rule? In a gentle discussion with his rivals, surely other less hated and older elves would be picked. Like Ameli.

As for tantrum spiral and taverns...The latter is dangerous indeed, but perhaps lace the drinking well with alcohol, keeping a separate one for hospital? The happiness from the syndrome would more than offset the penalty from drinking dirty water, and it has a way of dampening terror.

Beyond that, I fear your refuse and especially sentient corpse piles are in plain sight.

With Cana Cayiatha complaining so much...I have to wonder: Have your elves even met dwarves?

But what is Cana's role in settlement...Elven Sage in the library? But then his complaining is ...

As for the Widow Gate, you've certainly planned for case of aquifer being 2 layers thick. Got a hatch cover and screw pump ready in case it is 3 layers thick, or even deeper? Or would the elves have to import enormous corkscrews/pipe sections from dwarven caravan?

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 01:48:16 pm »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:18:41 am by fucduck »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 06:03:05 pm »

When I saw you updated, the first thing I did was to make some fruit tea, then browse some other posts to let it cool a bit.

I drank it while reading the update, and it was good. The large cup is mostly empty u.u
Just as surely it took hours to harvest and dry those fruits it surely took hours to craft and paint this update.
I can't drink and recite for hours, though; I'll have to briefer.

You have grand and unusual plans. While I suppose cutting off contact with homeland is not entirely unexpected, few games touch upon adventure mode. I wonder...Who will the assassin be? And why? Revenge, greed, ambition?

But perhaps the grandest dream of all is held by Futace. Conquering an entire continent? I know not if you will switch the pace of narration, do it in adventure or do the goal that seemingly needs immortality with Futace going from site to site. And there are certainly those who would oppose such plan. Like Avetho, who desires to be secure and safe rather than mining goblinite.

But perhaps not Cayiatha - not truly. All light that shines does not burn; the astronomer's passions are not truly about what he declares. Still, he could be spurred on by another influence - an influence he himself can't provide, unable to not smile at wonderful heresy.

And oh how literal 'mining goblinite' is! Does the scrawny elf who has the opposite of a naughty mind have the moves to dance out of the way of their arrows?

For one can scarcely protect oneself from square troll punch to head, even with good armour.

Though for an iron loincloth, I think you might need a dwarf who likes them: train them as clothier/leatherworker, have them get a mood, then forbid the base mood material to have it revert to default: iron.

With bemusement, I suppose this is best way to armor miners who dig for your more usual ores. Bismuth is useful for little more than stretching your bronze, but at least the little included dragonfire blocking bridges on pre-43.03 games. Do any live nearby for you to fear?

And oh ignored Lafó. I rarely brother with supports myself, but to avoid the rare injury I do brother with leaving the last square to be dug at diagonal. It is good indeed that her concussion wasn't for nothing.

Speaking of which - I've been wondering...Avetho sure seems more sweaty than Futace. Is this because Futace never had anything to ply his craft on, being part of a civilization that doesn't delve underground, create anvils nor cut down trees for charcoal? Or is it because Futace sends his time of smelting near the cool water? It seems he might be building designer at least, to pair with Avetho's masonry skills.

Still, even if you don't have corkscrews and perhaps even anvils, you have turbans. What other wondrous goods can the roots of forest retreat create?

And if you do not have an anvil, who will venture out to get one? It could take a long time, and result in dead elves, never to return. Their rooms shall be empty for months, cold wind blowing through them. Though Inireapufi already has abandoned areas, and will surely have more of them, with widow's gate so distant from settlement.

Or would you do an upwards pierce with drainage beneath the wooden walls?

Or perhaps...Yes, it has been foreshadowed: relocating to the caverns. Cana....would try to mask his interest, and express displeasure, for the only glowing stars to map there would be found in eerie glowing pits.

I love the stars myself, but a secure roof above my head is still better, though.
And with this, I'm out of tea.

PS: Ooh, you have table of contents now. Sneaky!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:06:30 pm by Fleeting Frames »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 07:27:18 pm »

I love the new updated and gonna follow this to it's end (I hope it's not gonna come too soon :P).
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 08:51:51 am »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:19:14 am by fucduck »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 09:15:24 am »

Oh, if you end up making 'snow dwarfs' make them kind of bluish with white beard and evil-not-trusting-anyone-including-other-dwarfs.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 10:25:33 pm »

Oh, if you end up making 'snow dwarfs' make them kind of bluish with white beard and evil-not-trusting-anyone-including-other-dwarfs.
That sounds pretty cool. All hail the Night's King!
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 04:43:58 am »

PTW

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 12:30:12 pm »

I'm not too familiar with how things go wrong on retirement, can you give me a quick overview?

It is unfortunate that elf/goblin necromancers are not possible.

Futace...I usually hold back from commenting on appearances like this, but he is damn swole. And unhappy. Still, not looking frail at all, no sireee...And if you manage to be stronger, his wife is vastly more dangerous yet - though, mining and smithing both train strength. Which of the two has greater muscles?

It also reminds me that elves are  the size of dwarves and smaller than humans in DF - in most fiction, elves are portrayed like northeast europeans.

Is the Land of Swamps saltwater swamp, or perchance you have freshwater one? The latter has the unfortunate fun of alligators, after all.

Cana still draws the history of settlement, heedless of his mean words. Despite some manipulativeness, he's been quite the introvert so far. Hard to manipulate somebody you don't speak with.

Time passes. How many years old is the settlement now, that Are has grown into a child? At least two, surely?

Is the mayor Ameli?

IC, a sword might be cooler, but OoC, I'll have to warn you to not expect the same performance: A short sword has overall 56% of pick's velocity, half the attacks are blunt and edged attacks are on average inferior.

And oh my, cursed military. This can possibly go very right or  very wrong. Good luck!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 10:10:11 am »

Not sure if this was asked, but do you mind sharing what you use for drawing?

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2016, 11:15:33 pm »

Hey, that's a really fascinating story and i love the drawings! Great work!
Keep making this fanciness!

Also, just a question in general: Is it hard to implement your own race?
*Dreams of the great Plump Helmet Man rebellion* :D

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2016, 03:07:19 am »

A werecurse outbreak, I'm not sure if non-dark elves ever want to deal with them again.

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2016, 08:54:27 am »

I don't want to rush, but i hope this is going to be continued.   :o

Because it's awesome!
But take your time, no rush. :D

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 09:54:42 am »

Impressive. You made me feel for the lives of these elves.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i
Pages: 1 [2] 3