Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone modeed in dark elves, basically non hippy elves? Anyone?  (Read 4538 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Has anyone modeed in dark elves, basically non hippy elves? Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 05:29:27 am »

Been done many times before I'd think. Myself I'm planning to include High and Blood Elves from Warcraft in my modpack, along with the Nightborne from Legion and their respective mutated offshots (and eventually Night Elves as well but they are kind of hippie-ish - they still use metal, though).

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 09:48:02 am »

Rhenaya was the first to do so, I think. I don't know if the current Drow in MW are related to hers. A lot of other mods have them, too. My dusk elves have tentacles.

That reminds me of a particular RPG fantasy race I heard about that were descended from Cthulu-esque horrors.  Time and magic had coaxed them into a mostly human/elfy form, but they had tentacles on their hands instead of fingers.  I think it was from GURPS, but I'm not 100% on that, I also don't remember if it was supposed to be for Dungeon Fantasy or Yrth or what. 

EDIT:  I found it, they are the Dark Ones from GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 3: The Next Level. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT2: It mentions "Elder-spawn" in the description.  What's an Elder-spawn?

If anyone is curious, the book also has Half-Elfs, High-Elfs, Mountain-Elfs, Sea-Elfs, Shadow-Elfs, Winged-Elfs and Wood-Elfs.  This is maybe a derailment, but I've always wished fantasy writers would take the 47 flavors of elf mentality with dwarves too.  Dark Ones/Elder-spawn would make an interesting sub-type of dwarf.  Maybe with tentacle beards. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:04:06 am by AceSV »
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 07:54:27 pm »

I've done it as a standalone race.

They use metal and have goblin ethics, and live in goblin sites. Even had my own sprites.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 05:17:25 am »

I've done it as a standalone race.

They use metal and have goblin ethics, and live in goblin sites. Even had my own sprites.

If they were so similar, you could have actually spliced them both into the [EVIL] entity by adding them a optional second creature meaning that there would be two flavours of evil or even simultaneous demon lead evil in the world at once.

Civilisation A to the east has dark elves (because multiple creature tags is divisive so per civ, the gen will flip a coin and 1 type will spawn for each civ off RNG) while civilisation B to the west has goblins etc.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 09:40:26 am »

when i read "dark elves" i immediately thought of the "Drow" from D&D universes:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Drow

- living underground
- powerhungry
- worship evil gods (those worshipping neutral gods are a discreminated/oppressed minority)
- disrespect life
- have slaves, which they sometimes kill/let fight against way too strong monsters for their amusement (even if they'd survive the fight, they'd kill them anyway)
- matriarchy by priestesses

ask in the "Forgotten Realms Direforged" mod, they know more about it http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147854.0
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Teirdalin

• Bay Watcher
  • It'd be nice if I'd stop getting distracted.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 10:33:41 pm »

Haven't been on this forum in ages, but in a project I was working on here one of the races I completed were dark elves, they lived in underground fortresses and were actually a lot of fun to play as; gave them all art and whatnot as well.  Never finished the project but I might continue it,  DF updated quite a bit since then so probably just going to scrap the entire thing. x_x   I took aspects of D&D drow and warhammer dark elves and combined them into a yummy evil mixture.
Insert Witty Signature Here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 03:26:16 am »

Name says it all.
Has anyone done this?

Are you asking sarcastically? It might possibly be the most modded in civilization.

Here's the ones I've got so far, but there are very likely much more:
(If anyone knows of any more mods that add some kind of dark, evil, or edgy elf, please let me know.)

If you're just wanting dark elves and not much more, then Habberdasher Cloth Armor Mod might be a good choice. It also adds dark dwarves, cloth armor, and glass weapons. And the elves will be armed with glass weapons and cloth armor when they attack.

Fortress Defense is a popular mod. It adds a bunch of other species that will attack your fortress too.

Rhenayas Drow mod focuses only on the dark elves, but it hasn't been updated since the 0.34.x era.

Dark Ages: War & Mythos is a popular mod, it's bundled with Dwarf Fortress, though, and has a few outdated raws.

ZM5's Mod Depository adds a bunch of stuff in addition to the dark elves. But he has three flavors of dark elves. His mod focuses on adventure mode.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:50:44 am by jecowa »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 02:10:44 am »

Another one for the list: Imperial Drow Mod by radravioli24
Mod thread: Imperial Drow Mod: new civ, Samurai, and items.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 06:16:09 pm »

Digging through my old raws I made a fully functioning race of drow. I also have a working interaction to make them blind in sunlight (always on effect, goes away with another interaction that makes them immune on cave adapt 1 tick, I'll have to go digging for it however...)

creature raws

Rest in next post, need more characters
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:17:56 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 06:16:34 pm »

entity files (these are a big rip off of Meph's and the late Rhenaya's, I'm not claiming much for any of these except compiling them here)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:26:43 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 06:16:55 pm »

you can't nest spoilers

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 06:18:16 pm »

you can't nest spoilers
Well aware, give me 2 mins in future to tidy up :) I always proof read
Pages: 1 [2]