Other Projects > Curses

LCS 4.12.68

<< < (27/67) > >>

Taberone:
Could the auto-targeting system also be improved in the future if it hasn't been improved already? Liberals should focus on attacking the healthier targets first, rather than ganging up on a crippled tank that's emitting smoke and letting a perfectly healthy Soldier with a M16 gun them down. Or ganging up on a wounded cop while letting the perfectly healthy Deathsquad Officer with a M16 gun them down.

I'm also finally starting to get back into LCS. The "reload empty" button is very nice, thank you!

IsaacG:

--- Quote from: Keigan on July 20, 2018, 03:44:23 pm ---Can someone please explain how I use the save game editor and that? so confused xD

--- End quote ---

I can try.
This file:
game_folder/art/debug_defines.txt
has a line

--- Code: ---\\VERBOSESAVEFILES

--- End code ---
Change it to

--- Code: ---VERBOSESAVEFILES

--- End code ---
That enables the save game editor.  Anytime from then on the game is saved, the save data will be saved in  a(n) (allegedly) human readable format.
Every save file is (worldname).dat  This causes a second file (worldname).verbose to be generated alongside it.
The .verbose file can be opened in a plain txt editor.  Some text editors don't recognize the line endings, so it will be a long jumbled mess, but ideally, it will be something like this:

--- Code: ---#Senate
#House

--- End code ---
Numbers between -2 and +2 usually represent the in-game alignment system, (-2 C+, -1 C, 0 m, 1 L, 2 L+) allowing elected officials to have their alignment changed freely.
There's also a line for money, and another line for every character in the save file (mostly LCS members), with their stats, skills, and criminal records represented by similar single numbers, free to be replaced with any number one wants.  Or rename them.
When the savefile is next loaded, crimesquad.exe will check for a corresponding .verbose file, and if it finds one it will load any data it finds in it.  VERBOSESAVEFILES only corresponds to the save function.  A .verbose file will be loaded and used if it is found, even if crimesquad.exe did not generate it.

The human readable part, every line starting with a '#' is for the user's benefit only.  That stuff up there, with #House etc., to the game, it's really this:

--- Code: ----2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1000000011111112222222-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-10000000112222
etc.

--- End code ---
crimesquad.exe counts them in exact order.  It's not equipped for anything to be added or removed.  The data can only be modified.  There are undocumented 'break-points' that allow submission of an incomplete .verbose file, but I'll only explain the first one.
If the .verbose file contains nothing except a single number, that number becomes the LCS funds.
So, create a new text file with a single number like 200000, save it as yourworldname.verbose, put it in the save directory, and next time you load yourworldname that's how much money you'll have.
When you save the game, if VERBOSESAVEFILES is removed (or turned back into //VERBOSESAVEFILES) any corresponding .verbose file is automatically deleted.

Hope that helps.

--- Quote from: Taberone on July 20, 2018, 05:16:15 pm ---Could the auto-targeting system also be improved in the future if it hasn't been improved already? Liberals should focus on attacking the healthier targets first, rather than ganging up on a crippled tank that's emitting smoke and letting a Soldier with a M16 gun them down. Or ganging up on a wounded cop while letting the perfectly healthy Deathsquad Officer with a M16 gun them down.

--- End quote ---
005) on the list.

--- Quote from: Taberone on July 20, 2018, 05:16:15 pm ---I'm also finally starting to get back into LCS. The "reload empty" button is very nice, thank you!

--- End quote ---

Glad to hear it.

Arctem:

--- Quote from: IsaacG on July 19, 2018, 12:39:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: Arctem on July 19, 2018, 12:14:45 am ---
--- Quote from: IsaacG on April 10, 2018, 03:23:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: JD809 on April 10, 2018, 10:48:30 am ---I'm getting the recruitment bug crash on windows 10, are there any new builds currently available that don't have this problem? As it's happening nearly every time I try.

--- End quote ---
All new builds are available, from 4.12.01~4.12.16, if you  dig deep enough.
More importantly, I fixed the recruitment bug in 4.12.16.  I added in some diagnostics to prevent this from ever becoming an issue again.
Turns out it was the Police Behavior issue.  I changed it, fixed it, and it is gone for good.  Along with three other bugs the diagnostics tool filtered out.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bv57itemav3er5x/LCS%20v4.12.16.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/awydf2ij3tcwjbi/LCS%20v4.12.16%20-%20No%20Music.zip

--- End quote ---

Just downloaded the game for the first time. I tried the current version (4.12.22) and got crashes whenever I tried recruiting. Found this comment and 4.12.16 works fine for me, but it looks like at some point that bug regressed. Let me know if I can help - the only thing in the gamelog.txt is a bunch of "SDL_mixer function Mix_LoadMUS() failed to load..." that seems related to me using the no music version.

--- End quote ---
I looked it over and ran the automated tests.  I have been unable to replicate the error.
Hopefully the problem is local to nightly build 4.12.22, and not 4.12.21
I should have made clearer that 4.12.22 is... experimental.

If the bug is still there in 4.12.21, then we have a problem.  Otherwise, it should be nothing to worry about.

--- End quote ---

Ah, didn't realize. 4.12.21 works fine, thanks for catching my mistake.

IsaacG:

--- Quote from: Arctem on July 20, 2018, 08:21:19 pm ---
--- Quote from: IsaacG on July 19, 2018, 12:39:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: Arctem on July 19, 2018, 12:14:45 am ---
--- Quote from: IsaacG on April 10, 2018, 03:23:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: JD809 on April 10, 2018, 10:48:30 am ---I'm getting the recruitment bug crash on windows 10, are there any new builds currently available that don't have this problem? As it's happening nearly every time I try.

--- End quote ---
All new builds are available, from 4.12.01~4.12.16, if you  dig deep enough.
More importantly, I fixed the recruitment bug in 4.12.16.  I added in some diagnostics to prevent this from ever becoming an issue again.
Turns out it was the Police Behavior issue.  I changed it, fixed it, and it is gone for good.  Along with three other bugs the diagnostics tool filtered out.

--- End quote ---

Just downloaded the game for the first time. I tried the current version (4.12.22) and got crashes whenever I tried recruiting. Found this comment and 4.12.16 works fine for me, but it looks like at some point that bug regressed. Let me know if I can help - the only thing in the gamelog.txt is a bunch of "SDL_mixer function Mix_LoadMUS() failed to load..." that seems related to me using the no music version.

--- End quote ---
I looked it over and ran the automated tests.  I have been unable to replicate the error.
Hopefully the problem is local to nightly build 4.12.22, and not 4.12.21
I should have made clearer that 4.12.22 is... experimental.

If the bug is still there in 4.12.21, then we have a problem.  Otherwise, it should be nothing to worry about.

--- End quote ---

Ah, didn't realize. 4.12.21 works fine, thanks for catching my mistake.

--- End quote ---
You don't know how glad I am to hear that.

Taberone:
Is a way to make money through the writing skill also planned in the future? Something like writing and selling books or something?

https://i.imgur.com/LHf38jU.png

Also noticed a glitch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version