Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 224899 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.21 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:18 pm »

Well, like I said, when it came time to choose a story for the Liberal Guardian, instead of saying "CEO Love Letter" it said "Loot_CEOLoveLetter," and the taxes were called "Loot_CEOTaxRecords."

Also like I said, I had shut down the police station, the army base, and the court house because I was once told it can be used to raid from as a sort of temporary base for the police/army. I was raided by a full military raid, Navy SEALS, Corp of Engineers removing my tank traps, aircraft, whole nine yards, and on the day the siege was lifted, all three were still marked as Closed Down.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2018, 05:04:16 am »

Well, like I said, when it came time to choose a story for the Liberal Guardian, instead of saying "CEO Love Letter" it said "Loot_CEOLoveLetter," and the taxes were called "Loot_CEOTaxRecords."

Fixed in 4.12.24

Also like I said, I had shut down the police station, the army base, and the court house because I was once told it can be used to raid from as a sort of temporary base for the police/army. I was raided by a full military raid, Navy SEALS, Corp of Engineers removing my tank traps, aircraft, whole nine yards, and on the day the siege was lifted, all three were still marked as Closed Down.
I'm going to have to look into that.  I don't know much about how Sieges work.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:18:22 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.24 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2018, 09:28:48 pm »

The game crashes for me whenever I wait a day after assigning any squad member to "Recruiting" via the Activate menu.

Also, when I'm on site, every NPC's name is in red, even though some are Liberal or Moderate. If I talk to them, their names are in their proper colors, so it's just the display text while on site.

What's the latest version where recruiting works?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2018, 02:28:52 am »

The game crashes for me whenever I wait a day after assigning any squad member to "Recruiting" via the Activate menu.

Also, when I'm on site, every NPC's name is in red, even though some are Liberal or Moderate. If I talk to them, their names are in their proper colors, so it's just the display text while on site.

What's the latest version where recruiting works?
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Oskar636PL

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2018, 05:38:39 am »

>The game crashes for me whenever I wait a day after assigning any squad member to "Recruiting" via the Activate menu.
Same
>Also, when I'm on site, every NPC's name is in red, even though some are Liberal or Moderate. If I talk to them, their names are in their proper colors, so it's just the display text while on site.
This is extremely annoying
Also another bug is when there are referendums/propositions and the population votes it seems to always vote in favour of the conservative rulling, even though when I check polls it goes 70-100% for liberal.
Does converting/recruiting the president do anything?
Another one is the buildings don't change names after policy change, so even though you will only have police officers the building is still called deathsquad hq

EDIT:
Also another annoying bug, the slogan gets reset every time you exit the game.
Another one is I think that repairing clothes is bugged and you can't sell damaged clothes so your equipment just gets flooded with broken equipment.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:56:04 am by Oskar636PL »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2018, 03:55:22 pm »

>The game crashes for me whenever I wait a day after assigning any squad member to "Recruiting" via the Activate menu.
Same
>Also, when I'm on site, every NPC's name is in red, even though some are Liberal or Moderate. If I talk to them, their names are in their proper colors, so it's just the display text while on site.
This is extremely annoying
Also another bug is when there are referendums/propositions and the population votes it seems to always vote in favour of the conservative rulling, even though when I check polls it goes 70-100% for liberal.
Does converting/recruiting the president do anything?
No.  Whoever added the Secret Service, the President, and the White House gave up before finishing.  I can't blame them, I've been working on this code for a few years, and so far all I've gotten done is a few bug fixes and the ability to introduce custom pickup lines.  (And the save editor, which hurts my pride because it was so easy to make, but people talk about way more often than everything else I did combined...)
Another one is the buildings don't change names after policy change, so even though you will only have police officers the building is still called deathsquad hq

EDIT:
Also another annoying bug, the slogan gets reset every time you exit the game.
Another one is I think that repairing clothes is bugged and you can't sell damaged clothes so your equipment just gets flooded with broken equipment.
There goes my weekend. /jk

I'm making a note of these, and I'm going to make a testing framework to fix these bugs for good.  Something I should have done a while ago.

Thanks for your bug report.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:00:44 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2018, 07:06:19 pm »

No.  Whoever added the Secret Service, the President, and the White House gave up before finishing.  I can't blame them, I've been working on this code for a few years, and so far all I've gotten done is a few bug fixes and the ability to introduce custom pickup lines.  (And the save editor, which hurts my pride because it was so easy to make, but people talk about way more often than everything else I did combined...)

Related to this, one thing that I had trouble with when doing my graphical remake is trying to figure out how much of the code in there is stuff that was added at one point and removed, or stub code that hadn't been finished yet by the time the version that I was using as a base was released. Like there's a bunch of hooks in there for stuff like "public opinion on the justification of political violence" which seems like an interesting concept but there doesn't seem to be much in the code that actually references it (what little that's there is all commented out). Is that something that was in the game at some point or was it just an experimental thing like the Stalinist Crime Squad?
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2018, 08:10:11 pm »

Related to this, one thing that I had trouble with when doing my graphical remake is trying to figure out how much of the code in there is stuff that was added at one point and removed, or stub code that hadn't been finished yet by the time the version that I was using as a base was released. Like there's a bunch of hooks in there for stuff like "public opinion on the justification of political violence" which seems like an interesting concept but there doesn't seem to be much in the code that actually references it (what little that's there is all commented out). Is that something that was in the game at some point or was it just an experimental thing like the Stalinist Crime Squad?

Political violence was something that was tried in the Jonathan S. Fox days, but disabled after it turned out to not work so well. References to it are still left in the code, but it's not used in LCS.

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2018, 10:34:39 pm »

Do you happen to know which version(s) it was actually active in? I'm curious about how it was implemented. It's one of the things I think might make an interesting addition at some point.

My intention with my remake is to try to replicate the original base game as close as possible and leave that out there without any major additions - but I also have some ideas I'd like to try that I'd release as a separate offshoot. I like the idea of violence being something that becomes less acceptable the more Liberal public opinion becomes, since it would fairly effectively mirror how groups like the IRA transitioned from radical extremist groups to peaceful political entities as they mostly achieved their objectives. I have some other ideas along these lines, like being able to have sleepers run for office or get appointed to the Supreme Court, so the LCS could function as a legitimate political organization if the player wanted to (although given how much it costs to finance a campaign, the money you'd raise would almost certainly have to come from illegal sources given that legal sources aren't very profitable in the game).

Any of these things are way off, though, if I even get around to them at all. I'm still working on general bug fixes and polishing up the "base" version.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:37:45 pm by The Cheshire Cat »
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2018, 03:17:33 pm »

FIXED The game crashes for me whenever I wait a day after assigning any squad member to "Recruiting" via the Activate menu.
FIXED Also, when I'm on site, every NPC's name is in red, even though some are Liberal or Moderate. If I talk to them, their names are in their proper colors, so it's just the display text while on site.
UNDER REVIEW Also another bug is when there are referendums/propositions and the population votes it seems to always vote in favour of the conservative rulling, even though when I check polls it goes 70-100% for liberal.
UNDER REVIEW Another one is the buildings don't change names after policy change, so even though you will only have police officers the building is still called deathsquad hq
FIXED Also another annoying bug, the slogan gets reset every time you exit the game.
UNDER REVIEW Another one is I think that repairing clothes is bugged and you can't sell damaged clothes so your equipment just gets flooded with broken equipment.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:18:44 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.25 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2018, 10:48:28 pm »

What happened to the Fireman HQ?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2018, 09:48:14 pm »

What happened to the Fireman HQ?
It should only be present when Free Speech laws are C+
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2018, 04:33:26 am »

Fixed in 4.12.24
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pd8d1gq1nx7uddr/LCS%20v4.12.24%20NoMusic.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/km4boi3mbo5p47b/LCS%20v4.12.24.zip

Avira went off when trying to runt he .exe of that first link. Quarantining the file.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2018, 06:57:55 am »

That is because Avira sucks and has a growing tendency to baby its users and a growing list of false positives.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2018, 09:39:31 am »

Fixed in 4.12.24

Avira went off when trying to runt he .exe of that first link. Quarantining the file.
Well, this isn't a virus.  I can say that with confidence, as a few months ago I freaked out at the possibility and proceeded to buy a new hard disk with a new OS.
Then as soon as I started to reinstall my Steam catalog, the damn antivirus software flags the .exe for StarGazers.  And I have to disable the shield entirely in order to play MidBoss, a common enough problem that Steam's community page for MidBoss explains how to do so.

I don't know what to tell ya.  4.12.24 is bugged, anyway, that's why I removed the download link.  4.12.25 works better.
If it really bothers you, you can track down the old 4.07 thread.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:18:59 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23