Other Projects > Curses

LCS 4.12.68

<< < (43/67) > >>

Teh Barple:
You really shouldn't pass this off as "finished" or "in working order", or even a proper continuation of LCS. There are so many broken features that  Fox's old version should be stickied instead.

IsaacG:

--- Quote from: Teh Barple on December 08, 2018, 05:12:28 pm ---You really shouldn't pass this off as "finished" or "in working order", or even a proper continuation of LCS. There are so many broken features that  Fox's old version should be stickied instead.

--- End quote ---
If you could provide me with a list of these broken features, I'd appreciate it greatly.  The code is tens of thousands of lines long.

4.12.21 is the stable version.  Well, sort of.

I'm not very good at this, but boy is it fun.

tykavanaugh:

--- Quote from: Teh Barple on December 08, 2018, 05:12:28 pm ---You really shouldn't pass this off as "finished" or "in working order", or even a proper continuation of LCS. There are so many broken features that  Fox's old version should be stickied instead.

--- End quote ---

Seriously dude? Is this the hill to die on?

stalin:
Main issue

I kept CTD when waiting on March 31, 2018 when playing on 4.12.21 [Fixed]. Issue was resolved when loading the save file in 4.12.27.

I now get crashes when leaving the prison during the car chase. The CTD is pretty variable here. Sometimes after several rounds of pressing 'D' or 'F', sometimes on the very first turn. Issue persists even when loading the save in 4.12.31.

On an unrelated note, updating to 4.12.27 reproduced one bug previously mentioned, as well as a second bug that I haven't seen mentioned here yet.

* Ages show up as ?? (might be fixed between 4.12.27 and 4.12.31--haven't tested yet)
* New recruits are automatically named by profession, rather than name, e.g. instead of "John Doe (Army Veteran)", the liberals are named "Army Veteran (John Doe)". This is also something that might have been fixed after 4.12.27, but I haven't had the chance to text it yet.

Not a bug at all, but just a pet peeve of mine: I really wish that things weren't framed as "Liberal vs. Conservative". The rest of the world outside of the US understands "liberal" in its classical definition, i.e. capitalist. But maybe this is just too entrenched in the game's culture at this point (to be fair, it's even in the name!). Other than that, I wish there were other win conditions besides what amounts to militant reformism, but I have no constructive suggestions for how something like that would be implemented anyway. Either way, this probably isn't the place to bring it up :P

Here is the save file where the game crashes during escape. I go to the prison, go to the top floor, rescue a liberal, then GTFO and this is where the crash occurs. File should be available for 30 days. Bump if you need me to re-up. Thanks for all your hard work (especially in making the save files compatible!)

IsaacG:

--- Quote from: stalin on December 23, 2018, 05:34:38 am ---Main issue

I kept CTD when waiting on March 31, 2018 when playing on 4.12.21 [Fixed]. Issue was resolved when loading the save file in 4.12.27.

I now get crashes when leaving the prison during the car chase. The CTD is pretty variable here. Sometimes after several rounds of pressing 'D' or 'F', sometimes on the very first turn. Issue persists even when loading the save in 4.12.31.

--- End quote ---
Figured it out.  Crashes when someone in a car chase attempts to fire a weapon that is out of ammo and cannot reload.  Fixed in 4.12.32

--- Quote from: stalin on December 23, 2018, 05:34:38 am ---On an unrelated note, updating to 4.12.27 reproduced one bug previously mentioned, as well as a second bug that I haven't seen mentioned here yet.

* Ages show up as ?? (might be fixed between 4.12.27 and 4.12.31--haven't tested yet)
--- End quote ---
Fixed in 4.12.30

--- Quote from: stalin on December 23, 2018, 05:34:38 am ---
* New recruits are automatically named by profession, rather than name, e.g. instead of "John Doe (Army Veteran)", the liberals are named "Army Veteran (John Doe)". This is also something that might have been fixed after 4.12.27, but I haven't had the chance to text it yet.
--- End quote ---
That... that is an odd one.  Fixed in 4.12.32
Evidently all creatures have two names, and when their real names were generated, it didn't overwrite the nickname, just the legal name, leaving "Army Veteran" or "Yoga Instructor" as their continued nickname.

--- Quote from: stalin on December 23, 2018, 05:34:38 am ---Not a bug at all, but just a pet peeve of mine: I really wish that things weren't framed as "Liberal vs. Conservative". The rest of the world outside of the US understands "liberal" in its classical definition, i.e. capitalist. But maybe this is just too entrenched in the game's culture at this point (to be fair, it's even in the name!). Other than that, I wish there were other win conditions besides what amounts to militant reformism, but I have no constructive suggestions for how something like that would be implemented anyway. Either way, this probably isn't the place to bring it up :P

--- End quote ---
Valid concern.  Much of the code is intimately tied to the US, and the US prides itself on holding differences from the rest of the world for seemingly no reason.  (We've spent decades trying to start using the metric system, to no avail.)  I'm hoping to make these aspects easier to change, easier to mod.  No promises on timetable.

--- Quote from: stalin on December 23, 2018, 05:34:38 am ---Here is the save file where the game crashes during escape. I go to the prison, go to the top floor, rescue a liberal, then GTFO and this is where the crash occurs. File should be available for 30 days. Bump if you need me to re-up. Thanks for all your hard work (especially in making the save files compatible!)

--- End quote ---
Thanks, that's a great help.  Chase sequences are a pain to debug because there's no way to save before them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version