Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221682 times)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.37 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2019, 09:15:38 pm »

To my knowledge the executable is built in the release directory, as well as all the .o and .obj files
v4.12.38\workspaces\Release
Sometimes it will instead place it in the \Debug directory, but currently \Debug and \Release are identicle.
Ages ago I actually... removed... Unix support to make it easier to build, and I'm not sure how much is left.  Only a little bit of the code depends on the differences, namely SDL and PDCurses, but ultimately that should be the same as it was with TerraVitae.

Well, there is no workspaces/Release directory in the link that I downloaded (which I believe was https://www.mediafire.com/file/c47oj5b1c57jlz1/LCS_v4.12.37.zip/file). There's a workspaces/ directory, but no Release/ subdirectory. Can you double-check?
Visual Studio creates the Release subdirectory upon building.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2019, 09:40:28 am »

Except when I open VS and run Build->Build Game, it says 'build successful', but there is no Release directory after I do this.

It also says this immediately after giving it the command, with no compiling time, which gives me the impression that it's not actually compiling anything (like it doesn't know what to compile). I still seem to be missing vector.h, btw.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2019, 06:58:27 pm »

All right, I have noticed another problem. If I mouse over the 'game' icon, it says the following:

"This project type is not supported by Visual Studio Community 2019 for Mac"

I'm not sure what this means. I try to create a new project and the options it gives me are .iOS and Android. Is it not possible to create an application for OSX using visual studio?

If so, then I don't believe I can compile the latest version of LCS from the source code that is available on Github.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2019, 07:11:17 am »

Except when I open VS and run Build->Build Game, it says 'build successful', but there is no Release directory after I do this.
"This project type is not supported by Visual Studio Community 2019 for Mac"
This reminds me of how much I hate Microsoft.

I don't think I can help you.  I'm going to fix the bugs in LCS, get a stable release with a test suite, and I'm going to cross that bridge when I come to it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 04:32:49 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Kluge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2019, 03:40:22 pm »

The non-NoMusic version of 4.12.37 appears to have been flagged by MediaFire, get "Permission Denied" when trying to download in US, seems to suggest "La Cucaracha" by Musica Mexicana was flag cause. .37 NoMusic and both versions of .36 fine.

dungjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2019, 10:12:52 pm »

I can't seem to play the game. When I run the game, when I don't select national LCS, it seems to activate that option on it's own, but when I select national LCS, it seems to deselect LCS? Also it crashes when it gets into the childhood part.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #261 on: July 04, 2019, 11:20:33 pm »

The non-NoMusic version of 4.12.37 appears to have been flagged by MediaFire, get "Permission Denied" when trying to download in US, seems to suggest "La Cucaracha" by Musica Mexicana was flag cause. .37 NoMusic and both versions of .36 fine.
It keeps doing that.  MediaFire....

I can't seem to play the game. When I run the game, when I don't select national LCS, it seems to activate that option on it's own, but when I select national LCS, it seems to deselect LCS? Also it crashes when it gets into the childhood part.

I will investigate.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

halander1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2019, 01:21:05 pm »

I'm not sure this is a glitch but in 4.12.37 in the non-music version, I keep publishing corp documents and it is always documents stating the CCS exists, is on the rise, and this marks the end of the CCS.

I'm playing a non-modified game so the CCS should exist but surprise surprise, no CCS exists... Is this normal?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2019, 03:20:29 pm »

I'm not sure this is a glitch but in 4.12.37 in the non-music version, I keep publishing corp documents and it is always documents stating the CCS exists, is on the rise, and this marks the end of the CCS.

I'm playing a non-modified game so the CCS should exist but surprise surprise, no CCS exists... Is this normal?
-.-; right when I fix the judicial code...

Yeah, that's a bug.  It should be an error in what the player sees.  Internally the game should recognize the documents correctly.
I'll look it over.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

halander1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2019, 12:56:07 pm »

There is another bug when it comes to propositions. When dealing with everything else, it is totally liberal, as is to be expected. But propositions are all conservative, and each proposition gets near 100% support (despite being in a super liberal society). What's up with that?

Edit: You ever consider setting up a patreon for this stuff?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:02:42 pm by halander1 »

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 11, 2019, 07:34:06 pm »

What sort of music would you recommend to play for LCS?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #266 on: August 11, 2019, 09:56:58 pm »

There is another bug when it comes to propositions. When dealing with everything else, it is totally liberal, as is to be expected. But propositions are all conservative, and each proposition gets near 100% support (despite being in a super liberal society). What's up with that?
That's one of the bugs that I'm rolling back.  Rather than figure out what's causing it, I'm just going to revert that part of the code to what it was before I got involved.
A lot of the stuff I worked on, I've learned a lot since I worked on it.  On what not to do.
Pretty sure it's the voting conditional.
Edit: You ever consider setting up a patreon for this stuff?
While I am in favor of getting paid for something I'm already doing for free (and being able to spend more time as a result), I don't actually know Toady One (or Fox for that matter).  I don't know how he'd feel about it.  Not to mention the other modders, specifically SlatersQuest and The Cheshire Cat, who are both still active and have done at least as much work on LCS as I have.
If there is a genuine interest, I may look further into it.

What sort of music would you recommend to play for LCS?
*shrug*
I don't actually listen to music.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Wolf93

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.38 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2019, 10:46:32 am »

Did I just register to report some (possible) bugs? You betcha I like the game enough to do it.

So, I noticed two things in the 4.12.38 version. First one, could be just on my end, but "accentuated" words appear with a strange "symbols", despite in older versions working alright.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second one, for some reason I'm unable to sell the loot I liberally acquired at the pawn shop.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.39 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #268 on: August 30, 2019, 11:40:16 pm »

Did I just register to report some (possible) bugs? You betcha I like the game enough to do it.
I'm glad to hear that.  Because otherwise, I'm never going to know about some of these bugs.
So, I noticed two things in the 4.12.38 version. First one, could be just on my end, but "accentuated" words appear with a strange "symbols", despite in older versions working alright.
These are the characters that display incorrectly.
áéöúóíüëòâô [FIXED]
and
¢ [NOT FIXED]
Fixed in 4.12.08 and 4.12.09
Now it's been fixed in 4.12.39
Funny story.  I fixed that bug long ago.  Then unrelated stuff went terribly wrong so I reverted some source code.  Now that bug is back.
This is all because pdcurses uses OEM United States Codepage 437
It used to be popular alongside MSDOS, which is why almost no one has used it the past 25 years.  It's the same as Unicode, except when it's not.  And I hope no one else ever has to learn the difference again.
Now that bug is fixed again.  Almost.
Bayam¢n, PR is listed in game as Bayam┬ón, PR
Everything else is fine.  I think.  I'll need to double check.
ô doesn't display correctly either.
ô and ¢
Hopefully I can fix these more easily than last time.
Second one, for some reason I'm unable to sell the loot I liberally acquired at the pawn shop.
That's new.  I'm going to look into that.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 11:49:53 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Wolf93

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.39 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2019, 12:27:30 pm »

Just a heads up about the pawn shop, I tried pressing S and I was able to sell stuff. It seems it's a display problem or something like that.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23