Other Projects > Curses

LCS 4.12.68

<< < (52/67) > >>

IsaacG:

--- Quote from: SlatersQuest on May 07, 2019, 11:17:53 am ---
--- Quote from: IsaacG on May 06, 2019, 09:34:16 pm ---To my knowledge the executable is built in the release directory, as well as all the .o and .obj files
v4.12.38\workspaces\Release
Sometimes it will instead place it in the \Debug directory, but currently \Debug and \Release are identicle.
Ages ago I actually... removed... Unix support to make it easier to build, and I'm not sure how much is left.  Only a little bit of the code depends on the differences, namely SDL and PDCurses, but ultimately that should be the same as it was with TerraVitae.
--- End quote ---

Well, there is no workspaces/Release directory in the link that I downloaded (which I believe was https://www.mediafire.com/file/c47oj5b1c57jlz1/LCS_v4.12.37.zip/file). There's a workspaces/ directory, but no Release/ subdirectory. Can you double-check?

--- End quote ---
Visual Studio creates the Release subdirectory upon building.

SlatersQuest:
Except when I open VS and run Build->Build Game, it says 'build successful', but there is no Release directory after I do this.

It also says this immediately after giving it the command, with no compiling time, which gives me the impression that it's not actually compiling anything (like it doesn't know what to compile). I still seem to be missing vector.h, btw.

SlatersQuest:
All right, I have noticed another problem. If I mouse over the 'game' icon, it says the following:

"This project type is not supported by Visual Studio Community 2019 for Mac"

I'm not sure what this means. I try to create a new project and the options it gives me are .iOS and Android. Is it not possible to create an application for OSX using visual studio?

If so, then I don't believe I can compile the latest version of LCS from the source code that is available on Github.

IsaacG:

--- Quote from: SlatersQuest on May 09, 2019, 09:40:28 am ---Except when I open VS and run Build->Build Game, it says 'build successful', but there is no Release directory after I do this.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: SlatersQuest on May 09, 2019, 06:58:27 pm ---"This project type is not supported by Visual Studio Community 2019 for Mac"

--- End quote ---
This reminds me of how much I hate Microsoft.

I don't think I can help you.  I'm going to fix the bugs in LCS, get a stable release with a test suite, and I'm going to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Kluge:
The non-NoMusic version of 4.12.37 appears to have been flagged by MediaFire, get "Permission Denied" when trying to download in US, seems to suggest "La Cucaracha" by Musica Mexicana was flag cause. .37 NoMusic and both versions of .36 fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version