Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221671 times)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: Procedural String Support (Custom Pickup Lines, and Marklar Mode!)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 02:01:51 pm »

I'm working on a new feature, Custom Founder Generation!  You know, the ten questions at the start that decide the founder's stats?  Customize in an external text file.
I'm almost done, but I'm too excited not to start yammering about it.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedural String Support (Custom Pickup Lines, and Soon, Custom NewGame!)
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 06:49:54 pm »

What about customizable starting year for being able to play Future Mode from the start?

shadowgod3211

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 07:14:09 pm »

can someone here teach me how to use the source code?

i'm trying to learn by myself until someone can teach me

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 11:05:24 am »

What about customizable starting year for being able to play Future Mode from the start?
You bet, alongside the founder's birth day, month, and year.  It's all kinda bunched together.
Someone even included a variable to indicate the founder's sexuality and dating status.
And a starting car.  Stolen by default, to prevent it from being resold at full price.

I've been there.  I spent a year studying the source code, and I'm only now getting the hang of it.
-.- kinda impolite spamming the threads with this request, though.

C++ is hard.  It's known for being the industry standard, but being around since the 1970s has given it a lot of... character.
Unless you are already familiar with coding in general (and C++ in particular), I don't recommend Liberal Crime Squad as a first project.

Forgive me if I sound severe, I am excited to see a new face in the community (even if I don't like Halo, all my friends do...)
http://hackerrank.com/
is a good resource for learning to code.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:28:39 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

shadowgod3211

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 08:02:56 pm »

I've been there.  I spent a year studying the source code, and I'm only now getting the hang of it.

C++ is hard.  It's known for being the industry standard, but being around since the 1970s has given it a lot of... character.
Unless you are already familiar with coding in general (and C++ in particular), I don't recommend Liberal Crime Squad as a first project.

Forgive me if I sound severe, I am excited to see a new face in the community (even if I don't like Halo, all my friends do...)
[/quote]

sorry if i was being impolite i really didn't mean too D: it was just that no one was replying to the first help request thread (not the mod thread) that i created cause i didn't know how to do the coding for the code source the thing is that there's no LCS source coding tutorial videos on youtube D: since that's where i get game fixes,tutorials,etc and there's no video tutorials on the LCS wiki (even though it said they were coming soon pfft a lie or lazyness if i ever seen one) it would help out alot if someone who knows alot of about LCS source coding and take some of their time to make LCS source coding tutorial videos on youtube and plus it would decrease the amount of time to learn the code the hard way and we would be seeing alot more mods on the LCS forums e.e

and oh i'm using your version of the update of LCS to try and test out some coding since i'm interested in your custom pickup lines and custom new game features I really hope you don't mind me doing that  :-\

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 12:51:21 pm »

sorry if i was being impolite i really didn't mean too D: it was just that no one was replying to the first help request thread (not the mod thread) that i created cause i didn't know how to do the coding for the code source the thing is that there's no LCS source coding tutorial videos on youtube D: since that's where i get game fixes,tutorials,etc and there's no video tutorials on the LCS wiki (even though it said they were coming soon pfft a lie or lazyness if i ever seen one) it would help out alot if someone who knows alot of about LCS source coding and take some of their time to make LCS source coding tutorial videos on youtube and plus it would decrease the amount of time to learn the code the hard way and we would be seeing alot more mods on the LCS forums e.e

and oh i'm using your version of the update of LCS to try and test out some coding since i'm interested in your custom pickup lines and custom new game features I really hope you don't mind me doing that  :-\
If you can get it to compile, that's half the battle.  As for using my version, hell yeah!  I'm trying to get mine to be the default version, and the more people using it, the closer I come to that dream.  (It's why I haven't introduced any new features, just making it easier to mod).

As for no one replying to your help request thread, that is a known problem with C++ in general and LCS in particular.  Help threads are fairly common here, and many ask the same questions as all the other help threads.

Also, CUSTOM NEWGAME!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3a1890vmjbpi3zu/v4.11.2+Custom+Newgame.zip

Known issues:
"The doctor said I was a..." has been removed for simplicity
"I live in City X, and it's about to experience real change" has also been removed for simplicity
The command to spawn the founder with alternative armor exists, but does nothing.

This, this was hard, but fun.  Customize the starting date/year, birthday/year, have either/both based on questions you answer, change at any time, this was worth the effort.  Change funds, stats, skills, creaturetype, and autogenerate error messages if anything doesn't work (pretty much, still more testing needed).
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedural String Support (Custom NewGame and Custom Pickup Lines!)
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 12:03:26 am »

I dunno if its only in your version but there are certain bugs in the issue screen if you select Marathon Mode (Such as Issues going from $$Arch-Conservative$$ to Elite Liberal any time a vote is made about anything)

(Sorry if my English's shit right now I'm kinda drunk right now and stuff and I know I'd have forgotten by tomorrow so...)
The Age of Nature was a time when Elves and trees (Pleonasm?) lived in peace; Fortunately, this age never happened.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 03:40:28 pm »

I dunno if its only in your version but there are certain bugs in the issue screen if you select Marathon Mode (Such as Issues going from $$Arch-Conservative$$ to Elite Liberal any time a vote is made about anything)

(Sorry if my English's shit right now I'm kinda drunk right now and stuff and I know I'd have forgotten by tomorrow so...)
Curious.  Could you upload the save file?
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 02:53:29 am »

Here it is (Oh and wait for a vote to see it; Noticed that it always happens after one) :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ioshzultccoaud4/a.dat
The Age of Nature was a time when Elves and trees (Pleonasm?) lived in peace; Fortunately, this age never happened.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 04:07:24 pm »

Here it is (Oh and wait for a vote to see it; Noticed that it always happens after one) :

*fixed*
More accurately, I reverted back to 4.10 and re-instituted my changes, limited to the exporting messages thing.
Short explanation: I removed every non-message related change that I made.  It is now as stable and bug-free as 4.10
If you load a.dat it will still do the "unanimous vote thing" for the first month, but next month and all subsequent will work properly.

I present 4.12 STABLE.  It is as bug free as 4.10 (presumably).  In game it still calls itself 4.10, because, well, I wanted the stable version to have as few changes as possible.

And with this, I've pretty much run out of ideas of what to mod, since I can't figure out that "Secret Service see through disguise" thing.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2016, 04:24:58 pm »

Thanks for the bug fix!

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 09:06:51 pm »

*fixed*
More accurately, I reverted back to 4.10 and re-instituted my changes, limited to the exporting messages thing.
Short explanation: I removed every non-message related change that I made.  It is now as stable and bug-free as 4.10
If you load a.dat it will still do the "unanimous vote thing" for the first month, but next month and all subsequent will work properly.

I present 4.12 STABLE.  It is as bug free as 4.10 (presumably).  In game it still calls itself 4.10, because, well, I wanted the stable version to have as few changes as possible.

And with this, I've pretty much run out of ideas of what to mod, since I can't figure out that "Secret Service see through disguise" thing.

"Secret Service See Through Disguise" can be found under Stealth.cpp according to the Github page

Code: [Select]
case CREATURE_SECRET_SERVICE:
            stealth_difficulty = DIFFICULTY_FORMIDABLE;
            disguise_difficulty = DIFFICULTY_FORMIDABLE;
            break;

What about:

Less hardcoded stuff in creature.xml (Ex. Gangsters and security guards have hardcoded weapons, CCS members have hardcoded names, etc)

Editing C+ Gun Control guns that creatures spawn with(What if I want people to be running around with machineguns at C+ instead of just pistols? Pistols at C+ is way too underwhelming. Considering that C+ says machine guns can be bought and sold freely, I expect the entire country to be more heavily armed. Even the little kids should be packing AR-15's.)

Editing appropriate disguises for locations (So I can make Expensive Dress a disguise at the bank, for example)

Bugfix: Car Crash Victims Teleport To Safehouse (Anyone that dies in a car crash will appear as a corpse in the safehouse, even if the car crash killed absolutely everyone)

Editing Field Learning (The new game option that lets you pick if certain skills rise at normal speed, fast speed, or slow speed)? It sucks that only Security, Stealth, Disguise, & Driving are affected. What if I want to make it apply to Seduction and Persuasion so that I don't have to walk around for 10 real-time minutes dropping pickup lines and disturbing political issues, and instead walk around for 3 real-time minutes?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:10:44 pm by Taberone »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 05:46:56 pm »

*fixed*

"Secret Service See Through Disguise" can be found under Stealth.cpp according to the Github page

Code: [Select]
case CREATURE_SECRET_SERVICE:
            stealth_difficulty = DIFFICULTY_FORMIDABLE;
            disguise_difficulty = DIFFICULTY_FORMIDABLE;
            break;

What about:

Less hardcoded stuff in creature.xml (Ex. Gangsters and security guards have hardcoded weapons, CCS members have hardcoded names, etc)

Editing C+ Gun Control guns that creatures spawn with(What if I want people to be running around with machineguns at C+ instead of just pistols? Pistols at C+ is way too underwhelming. Considering that C+ says machine guns can be bought and sold freely, I expect the entire country to be more heavily armed. Even the little kids should be packing AR-15's.)

Editing appropriate disguises for locations (So I can make Expensive Dress a disguise at the bank, for example)

Bugfix: Car Crash Victims Teleport To Safehouse (Anyone that dies in a car crash will appear as a corpse in the safehouse, even if the car crash killed absolutely everyone)

Editing Field Learning (The new game option that lets you pick if certain skills rise at normal speed, fast speed, or slow speed)? It sucks that only Security, Stealth, Disguise, & Driving are affected. What if I want to make it apply to Seduction and Persuasion so that I don't have to walk around for 10 real-time minutes dropping pickup lines and disturbing political issues, and instead walk around for 3 real-time minutes?

Lemme just hit ctrl+p to print that off.
(drooling over the possibilities)

Thanks for the bug fix!
Glad to do it.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 11:35:12 pm »

BTW I think your big move should in fact now be building in support for other major mod lines such as Terra Vitae. Or look through the board's history for abandoned mods, and ideas, and work out how you'd support them as optional data files in this version of LCS.

Basically it doesn't matter whether you're completely successful in integrating ideas from TV such that they can be implemented as pure data, basically just trying to do that will lead you to create a more flexible and powerful engine for all this.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:46:17 pm by Reelya »

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 01:20:17 am »

The idea of being able to modify some parts of the game without needing programming knowledge is already fantastic honestly. Reminds me of those Paradox games like CK2 with their events. Or Dwarf Fortress, to give a more "local" example ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23