Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221676 times)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.11 Now With A Save Editor (Allegedly fixed recruitment crashing)
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2018, 01:43:50 pm »

I'm kinda indecisive, there are a number of compelling arguments to use xml or JSON, or any number of formats, so I went with what was easiest and fastest to program, that is, no formatting. ^.^;
XML is Fragile By Design.  It was the monopoly major hand-verifiable format when LCS was started, but the situation became an oligopoly shortly after 2006 (JSON).

I have  very strong prior experience bias for JSON, but the case for a binary file format viewable in a text editor is also good.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.5 Now With A Save Editor (4.12.12 UNSTABLE)
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2018, 02:37:55 pm »

I haven't experienced xml as "fragile" in any way thus far, and honestly xml is a far more advanced format than is needed here -- I mean, it defines languages, not simple data files, as a rule of thumb.

I'd just like a format that there usually is support for in terms of libraries, so one can write webapp-editors or simple apps to edit them -- even yaml would be fine as far as I'm concerned. I might work on it when I have time and send the feature to IsaacG.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.5 Now With A Save Editor (4.12.13 UNSTABLE)
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2018, 02:44:30 pm »

I haven't experienced xml as "fragile" in any way thus far, and honestly xml is a far more advanced format than is needed here -- I mean, it defines languages, not simple data files, as a rule of thumb.
Fragile is a good thing.  It's how the compiler spits at you in disgust if you forget to cancel out a tag, or cancel them in the wrong order.
Failure to compile is preferable to compilation with hidden errors.
I'd just like a format that there usually is support for in terms of libraries, so one can write webapp-editors or simple apps to edit them -- even yaml would be fine as far as I'm concerned. I might work on it when I have time and send the feature to IsaacG.
If someone writes the webapp, I'm willing to meet halfway and modify the .verbose filetype to fit the format it provides.
Or have a second file output.  Currently the .verbose file contains information already present in .dat, so it can be deleted without issue.  A third ".xmldat" or ".jsondat" file could contain only the parts of the savedata you want to be able to modify.
(That's where my indecision comes in.  Too many choices on how to do it.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:15:58 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2018, 11:33:39 am »

Fragile is a good thing.  It's how the compiler spits at you in disgust if you forget to cancel out a tag, or cancel them in the wrong order.
JSON does all that (and YAML should...not tested personally, have tested JSON personally) without being Fragile By Design.

Library XML parsers generally crash when faced with unplanned tags, entities, etc..  Library JSON parsers do not crash when faced with unplanned keys.  This is what forced me to hand-roll XML parsing for the UPS Live Rates API: the language library parsers were crashing.

Something as elementary as "generated in ASP, parsed in Perl" is a complete stop for XML::Simple.  It was at least 10x faster to handroll an XML parser instead.  (And yes, switching to another XML module was a non-starter because merely understanding the documentation was slower than handrolling.  XML::Simple was at least faster to understand and try to use.)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2018, 04:29:21 pm »

JSON does all that (and YAML should...not tested personally, have tested JSON personally) without being Fragile By Design.

Library XML parsers generally crash when faced with unplanned tags, entities, etc..  Library JSON parsers do not crash when faced with unplanned keys.  This is what forced me to hand-roll XML parsing for the UPS Live Rates API: the language library parsers were crashing.
Ah, sorry, you're right.
I've done some work with SVG files, which store image data in XML, and they tend to crash every image program they come across or throw up an unspecified error except those specifically designed to work specifically with SVG.  Even Flash, I export a file as SVG, then I can't even import that same file with Flash unless I first load it into Inkscape, then have Inkscape export it as an SVG.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever had a pleasant experience with XML.
Let's say two votes in favor of JSON.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2018, 09:27:21 am »

I'm not too familiar with either language, but if it helps you out in the long run, go for JSON.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

MadMaxMalone

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.14 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2018, 10:26:26 am »

Hello Everyone,

It seems that I have encountered a strange bug in the latest version of the game...

I was trying to do a enlightnment focused run, gathered a team of three interrogaters and three guards (beat them up and give them chocolate...) and after the third or fourth time interrogating another judge, I noticed my main interrogator has raised his psychology skill to over 20. And when I checked, one of the Guards in the team grew his intelligence to 40!, but agility dropped to 1 (see screenshot and savegame in my dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vphl8nlulb6ndq3/AABBCNejKR0j5XhLh9xs0wSha?dl=0)

I did not mod/cheat the game in any way, used vanilla 4.12.14 release.

If you need any more info, just let me know.
F is for Fire that burns down the whole booze,
U is for Unseen Thieves,
N is for No survivors when you're beaching HFS,

...Down below the Magma Sea!

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.14 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2018, 09:56:34 am »

Hello Everyone,

It seems that I have encountered a strange bug in the latest version of the game...

I was trying to do a enlightnment focused run, gathered a team of three interrogaters and three guards (beat them up and give them chocolate...) and after the third or fourth time interrogating another judge, I noticed my main interrogator has raised his psychology skill to over 20. And when I checked, one of the Guards in the team grew his intelligence to 40!, but agility dropped to 1 (see screenshot and savegame in my dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vphl8nlulb6ndq3/AABBCNejKR0j5XhLh9xs0wSha?dl=0)

I believe I've spotted the problem.  Negative numbers.
I'll have a fix in 24 hours.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.15 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2018, 11:56:32 am »

Hello Everyone,

Forgive that it has been 26 hours rather than the promised 24.

Not to sound creepy, but I could kiss you.
This bug has eluded me for ages, and this was just what I needed to finally fix it.
Turns out, it has nothing to do with interrogation.  It's a bug that only affects creatures older than 52.  The age modifiers that influence stats get duplicated over and over, except Health, because the age modifiers on Health are applied in a way that doesn't interfere.

If you open the ".verbose" file in a text editor, and ctrl-F the creature's names, you can manually set their stats back to normal.
Quick note, the stats are in a different order.
   ATTRIBUTE_STRENGTH,
   ATTRIBUTE_INTELLIGENCE,
   ATTRIBUTE_WISDOM,
   ATTRIBUTE_AGILITY,
   ATTRIBUTE_HEALTH,
   ATTRIBUTE_CHARISMA,
   ATTRIBUTE_HEART,
The stats are corrupted consistently.  This code describes the exact manner of the corruption.
Code: [Select]
switch (attribute)
{
case ATTRIBUTE_STRENGTH:
if (age < 11)ret >>= 1;     // Strength is lowest at the beginning and end of life
else if (age < 16)ret -= 1;
else if (age > 70)ret -= 6;
else if (age>52)ret -= 3;
else if (age > 35)ret -= 1;
break;
case ATTRIBUTE_AGILITY:
if (age > 70)ret -= 6;      // Agility is weakened with age
else if (age > 52)ret -= 3;
else if (age > 35)ret -= 1;
break;
case ATTRIBUTE_HEALTH:
if (age < 11)ret -= 2;
else if (age < 16)ret -= 1; // Physical immaturity weakens health
// Aging actually damages base health and eventually kills, so no aging effects here
break;
case ATTRIBUTE_CHARISMA:
if (age < 11)ret += 2;      // Lots of folks like kids
else if (age < 16)ret -= 1; // Teenagers have communication difficulties and image issues
else if (age > 70)ret += 3; // Authority and experience in life then enhance Charisma with age
else if (age>52)ret += 2;
else if (age > 35)ret += 1;
break;
case ATTRIBUTE_INTELLIGENCE:
if (age < 11)ret -= 3;      // Experience enhances Intelligence with age
else if (age > 70)ret += 3;
else if (age>52)ret += 2;
else if (age>35)ret += 1;
break;
case ATTRIBUTE_WISDOM:
if (age < 11)ret -= 2;      // Experience grants Wisdom with age
else if (age > 70)ret += 2;
else if (age>52)ret += 1;
break;
case ATTRIBUTE_HEART:
if (age < 11)ret += 2;      // Experience saps Heart with age due to cynicism
else if (age < 16)ret += 1; // No wonder it's typically the young who are most Liberal...
else if (age > 70)ret -= 2;
else if (age>52)ret -= 1;
break;
}
Also, Doctor Ransom is an awesome name for your LCS lead doctor.  The fact his surname actually generated as Ransom makes it even better.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:01:56 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

MadMaxMalone

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2018, 01:15:24 pm »

It's been a pleasure to help, I'll let you know if I encounter any other conservative bug.

Keep up the liberal work 8)
F is for Fire that burns down the whole booze,
U is for Unseen Thieves,
N is for No survivors when you're beaching HFS,

...Down below the Magma Sea!

Hertz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2018, 01:35:47 pm »

The Newest Version does not let me use the apartments in downtown as a safehouse.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2018, 11:03:02 am »

Hi,

I've been crashing constantly with 4.12.15 when recruiting in The Condomoniums. Windows 10.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2018, 04:39:09 pm »

Hi,

I've been crashing constantly with 4.12.15 when recruiting in The Condomoniums. Windows 10.
Does it happen only in The Condominiums?
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2018, 02:51:45 am »

I'm getting two rows of states not displaying during Constitutional Amendment votes. The yeas and nays show, as does the whole of the last row, but the state names of the first two rows don't appear.

I've also noticed some strange behavior regarding the President. The original arch-conservative Pres appears at the White House even after his term is up. The second President (a moderate) originally had a liberal Sec of State and a moderate Attorney General, both of whom were mysteriously replaced by arch-conservatives. Most concerning of all, the moderate President has sometimes been vetoing laws that would move towards moderate. It's always one law, sometimes alone and sometimes in the middle of two laws that acted normally. This was among a bunch of veto-broken laws which were listed as such, so I'm not sure if they were meant to be vetoed or just showed that way because of the elite liberal congress. The vetoed laws seemed to show up the next month and were treated correctly by the moderate president.

In addition, did you remove the tendency of free speech to trend liberal and gun control to trend conservative? I didn't get any public support for free speech until midgame, where I found a way to raise it through AM and TV broadcasts that happened to roll it. Attacking the Firemen does not raise it, and if Firemen sleepers advocating liberalism raises it I haven't noticed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bamalo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2018, 12:43:35 pm »

So I'm having an issue with LCS and I'm using the 4.12 version. Since I couldn't find the issue on the forums, I figured I'd as here as it may be a specific problem with this version. Or maybe I'm dumb. The latter is more likely. If this is the wrong place to ask, let me know and I'll make a new post. Here is the issue

After purchasing an apartment safe house, any apartment, I can't move a squad in. I can go to the complex like a raid, but I can't actually use the safe house. Now, after I first purchase it, the first squad I send get's an option to either walk about the complex or use the safe house, but after that no other squads can. And if a squad switches safe houses, they can't go back to the apartment. Again, this is only an issue with the apartments. The businesses and the shelter is fine. Any ideas what is going on?

Edit: I found a work around. By taking people out of squads I can manually set their safehouse.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 01:06:48 pm by Bamalo »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23