Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221652 times)

MistaMeowmas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.15 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2018, 04:43:15 pm »

Trying to compile this on my Linux Mint laptop so I can play on the go or if my desktop PC is being used for something else and I just want to idly play.

I'm still very new to Linux and am absolutely horrible with compiling and such- This is actually my first attempt at compiling.
The chmod command doesn't give any return, but it doesn't give an error either.
When I do ./bootstrap , it does just fine, then gets an error at:

autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
automake: error: no 'Makefile.am' found for any configure output
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Before that, there are two forces. I'll post the entire log in a spoiler if I can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2018, 02:59:33 pm »

I'm getting two rows of states not displaying during Constitutional Amendment votes. The yeas and nays show, as does the whole of the last row, but the state names of the first two rows don't appear.

I've also noticed some strange behavior regarding the President.
I will investigate.

In addition, did you remove the tendency of free speech to trend liberal and gun control to trend conservative? I didn't get any public support for free speech until midgame, where I found a way to raise it through AM and TV broadcasts that happened to roll it. Attacking the Firemen does not raise it, and if Firemen sleepers advocating liberalism raises it I haven't noticed.
I was not aware of that tendency.  I haven't deliberately altered it.

So I'm having an issue with LCS and I'm using the 4.12 version. Since I couldn't find the issue on the forums, I figured I'd as here as it may be a specific problem with this version. Or maybe I'm dumb. The latter is more likely. If this is the wrong place to ask, let me know and I'll make a new post. Here is the issue

After purchasing an apartment safe house, any apartment, I can't move a squad in. I can go to the complex like a raid, but I can't actually use the safe house. Now, after I first purchase it, the first squad I send get's an option to either walk about the complex or use the safe house, but after that no other squads can. And if a squad switches safe houses, they can't go back to the apartment. Again, this is only an issue with the apartments. The businesses and the shelter is fine. Any ideas what is going on?

Edit: I found a work around. By taking people out of squads I can manually set their safehouse.
I'll have to look it over.  Thank you for your bug report.

Trying to compile this on my Linux Mint laptop so I can play on the go or if my desktop PC is being used for something else and I just want to idly play.

I'm still very new to Linux and am absolutely horrible with compiling and such- This is actually my first attempt at compiling.
The chmod command doesn't give any return, but it doesn't give an error either.
The Makefile is outdated.  I've been compiling using the Visual Studio workspace, and that has stopped support for makefiles for quite a while.  I'm working on getting the next version to compile using makefiles, so that it will work using your method.
LCS is notoriously difficult to compile, as it is built from several libraries that are no longer supported by their creators, and the people who wrote the bulk of LCS are no longer active in the community.

Once I am able to get LCS to compile using MinGW, I'll include an updated makefile.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2018, 06:12:06 pm »

I finished my game, so addendum regarding the President: First, I recruited the arch-conservative President as a seduced sleeper. "He" showed up again, still conservative, at the White House. So I killed him. At that point the existing moderate President on the issues screen was replaced by a different moderate President (no election held), with the arch-con Sec of State and Attorney General being replaced by moderates as well.

The correct moderate President then showed up at the White House. I persuasion recruited him. This did not change his self on the issues screen from moderate, and like the arch-conservative President an unconverted clone of him was then present at the White House.
It may have been removed by one of Jonathan's builds, but I am utterly certain there used to be something to this at some point, as the Firemen were always one of the first threats eliminated even in Nightmare because free speech would become elite liberal with minimal effort and get a referendum question. This game of LCS is the only one I've ever played where the issue of free speech remained stubbornly conservative and I continued to fight the Firemen into midgame, at which point I began contriving of ways to get free speech support specifically.

It is also possible that I'm misremembering this from a Supreme Court mechanic, where Arch-Conservative Justices are the only ones who may vote against liberalizing free speech and Elite Liberal Justices are the only ones who may vote for liberalizing gun control.

Either way, I think the cleanest fix might simply be having attacks on the Firemen HQ raise free speech support. Makes sense, and there's currently no non-random way to support the issue that I've found.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:18:53 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2018, 09:36:30 am »

Hi,

I've been crashing constantly with 4.12.15 when recruiting in The Condomoniums. Windows 10.
Does it happen only in The Condominiums?

I believe it was happening in the Industrial District "apartment" thing as well. It got to the point where it was pretty unpleasant to play. AFAIK there's no logs as well?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2018, 11:40:39 am »

I finished my game, so addendum regarding the President: First, I recruited the arch-conservative President as a seduced sleeper. "He" showed up again, still conservative, at the White House. So I killed him. At that point the existing moderate President on the issues screen was replaced by a different moderate President (no election held), with the arch-con Sec of State and Attorney General being replaced by moderates as well.

The correct moderate President then showed up at the White House. I persuasion recruited him. This did not change his self on the issues screen from moderate, and like the arch-conservative President an unconverted clone of him was then present at the White House.
That is useful information.  All the White House and meeting the president in person stuff is partially implemented "UniqueCreature" code that predates my involvement, and I don't really understand how it is implemented now, let alone how it's intended to be implemented.  CEOs are built with the same code, and there's work that needs to be done there as well.
It may have been removed by one of Jonathan's builds, but I am utterly certain there used to be something to this at some point, as the Firemen were always one of the first threats eliminated even in Nightmare because free speech would become elite liberal with minimal effort and get a referendum question. This game of LCS is the only one I've ever played where the issue of free speech remained stubbornly conservative and I continued to fight the Firemen into midgame, at which point I began contriving of ways to get free speech support specifically.

It is also possible that I'm misremembering this from a Supreme Court mechanic, where Arch-Conservative Justices are the only ones who may vote against liberalizing free speech and Elite Liberal Justices are the only ones who may vote for liberalizing gun control.

Either way, I think the cleanest fix might simply be having attacks on the Firemen HQ raise free speech support. Makes sense, and there's currently no non-random way to support the issue that I've found.
I'm adding that to the list.

Hi,

I've been crashing constantly with 4.12.15 when recruiting in The Condomoniums. Windows 10.
Does it happen only in The Condominiums?

I believe it was happening in the Industrial District "apartment" thing as well. It got to the point where it was pretty unpleasant to play. AFAIK there's no logs as well?
There are still logs.
But if recruitment is an issue specifically in apartments, that narrows things down substantially.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2018, 12:20:47 pm »

That is useful information.  All the White House and meeting the president in person stuff is partially implemented "UniqueCreature" code that predates my involvement, and I don't really understand how it is implemented now, let alone how it's intended to be implemented.  CEOs are built with the same code, and there's work that needs to be done there as well.
You might want to look to the code for how sleeper Club Security are implemented for a hint on how to get this functional, because specific sleeper liberals do show up there correctly, and present as liberal on-site.

The way interactions between site-President and issues-President work exists somehow - the death of the President causes replacement. It just doesn't replace a converted site-President with an issues-President of the correct ideology, nor does a President replaced by Congress upon the previous one's death follow Congress' ideology (instead apparently replacing them with an issues-President that was the same ideology as the last one). The site-President also isn't getting changed by election results, only being killed post-election.

I forget what build added all this, but I think what we're seeing here is just a structure for the system that was never completed, so following the existing logic should allow you to make it work as intended.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Betakta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2018, 03:51:02 pm »

Hey, I ran into a bug or two with the newest build and couldn't find an issue tracker on the git repo so I thought I'd bring it up here. Apologies if these bugs are already known.

Had some trouble with recruitment, namely the "strike up a conversation about politics" dialogue option. Application crashed following the NPC's first response, before player could reach their "pitch" but after the "Do you want to hear something disturbing" opening. I initially thought it was related to scheduling too many meetings in one day (ie. over 6) but I couldn't repeat that in testing. If I had to guess, it might be something related to the RNG for picking a response, or maybe something related to the current issue's effect on those lines (if any). Couldn't get it to repeat reliably either way, though it happened about 4 or 5 times within a few hours. Seduction seemed to work fine though.

Also had issues with the loot piles left by dead enemies, namely there wasn't any loot in them. Upon killing an enemy the pile would drop as normal (placing a magenta "LOOT!" tile above the squad), but picking it up didn't add anything to the squad's inventory on-site, nor the inventory of their hideout post-mission. Doesn't seem related to method of death or npc type, as I've tried sneak attacks on Deathsquad officers, blasting security guards with a shotgun, even getting NPCs enlightened through music to punch and/or shoot their buddies. I also tried killing multiple enemy spawns on the same tile, in case it had something to do with tiles not getting updated right away, but nothing I tried seemed to work.

Currently using the precompiled link for 4.12.15 from the OP, music version if that helps. Thanks for keeping this project updated.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2018, 09:55:26 am »

You might want to look to the code for how sleeper Club Security are implemented for a hint on how to get this functional, because specific sleeper liberals do show up there correctly, and present as liberal on-site.
The sleeper Club Security code.  That's a good idea.  The code is simple, and overspecialized with regards to Club Security, but it would work as a blueprint for site-based sleeper interactions in general.  And I could combine it with the sleeper Judge/Jury/Lawyer code that was mostly removed.  Yes, yes.
The way interactions between site-President and issues-President work exists somehow - the death of the President causes replacement. It just doesn't replace a converted site-President with an issues-President of the correct ideology, nor does a President replaced by Congress upon the previous one's death follow Congress' ideology (instead apparently replacing them with an issues-President that was the same ideology as the last one). The site-President also isn't getting changed by election results, only being killed post-election.

I forget what build added all this, but I think what we're seeing here is just a structure for the system that was never completed, so following the existing logic should allow you to make it work as intended.
Or I could make it work better than intended.  Currently all 9 Supreme Court Justices have names generated, along with the vice-president.
And the twenty-fifth amendment allows the vice-president alongside a "majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide" to remove the president from office.
I am plagued with too many ideas.

Hey, I ran into a bug or two with the newest build and couldn't find an issue tracker on the git repo so I thought I'd bring it up here. Apologies if these bugs are already known.

Had some trouble with recruitment, namely the "strike up a conversation about politics" dialogue option. Application crashed following the NPC's first response, before player could reach their "pitch" but after the "Do you want to hear something disturbing" opening. I initially thought it was related to scheduling too many meetings in one day (ie. over 6) but I couldn't repeat that in testing. If I had to guess, it might be something related to the RNG for picking a response, or maybe something related to the current issue's effect on those lines (if any). Couldn't get it to repeat reliably either way, though it happened about 4 or 5 times within a few hours. Seduction seemed to work fine though.
There is a bug related to the RNG when it searches for a response that doesn't exist.  It is probably the source.
Also had issues with the loot piles left by dead enemies, namely there wasn't any loot in them. Upon killing an enemy the pile would drop as normal (placing a magenta "LOOT!" tile above the squad), but picking it up didn't add anything to the squad's inventory on-site, nor the inventory of their hideout post-mission. Doesn't seem related to method of death or npc type, as I've tried sneak attacks on Deathsquad officers, blasting security guards with a shotgun, even getting NPCs enlightened through music to punch and/or shoot their buddies. I also tried killing multiple enemy spawns on the same tile, in case it had something to do with tiles not getting updated right away, but nothing I tried seemed to work.
That's a new one.  The "LOOT!" code could use some tweaking.
Thanks for keeping this project updated.
:D
Glad to do it.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2018, 02:10:41 pm »

The 25th would be really complex to model. If you wanted to provide a legal removal for the President, the most pertinent one would be something like the CCS Backer List that proves a non-Elite Liberal President had done horrible crimes, which a liberal Congress would then impeach and remove over.
No Gods, No Masters.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2018, 12:21:47 am »

Hi, have been testing the crashes today. The only log I have seen is the gamelog file, which seems to not have a huge amount of debug information. I should probably clarify that these crashes happened all within 1 minute of gametime.

I got one within 20 seconds of gamestart at the condomoniums;

I then tested at the industrial district housing;

I tested at the death squad HQ:

JD809

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2018, 10:48:30 am »

I'm getting the recruitment bug crash on windows 10, are there any new builds currently available that don't have this problem? As it's happening nearly every time I try.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.16 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2018, 03:23:28 pm »

I'm getting the recruitment bug crash on windows 10, are there any new builds currently available that don't have this problem? As it's happening nearly every time I try.
All new builds are available, from 4.12.01~4.12.16, if you  dig deep enough.
More importantly, I fixed the recruitment bug in 4.12.16.  I added in some diagnostics to prevent this from ever becoming an issue again.
Turns out it was the Police Behavior issue.  I changed it, fixed it, and it is gone for good.  Along with three other bugs the diagnostics tool filtered out.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bv57itemav3er5x/LCS%20v4.12.16.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/awydf2ij3tcwjbi/LCS%20v4.12.16%20-%20No%20Music.zip

LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Betakta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2018, 06:57:41 pm »

Getting a bunch of errors on launch with both the music and non-music versions of 4.12.16

Spits them out one at a time and then eventually crashes. At first I thought there were missing files in the archive or maybe the code was going down some bad filepaths, but when I dug into it I noticed all the missing files seemed intact. More importantly, the errors go away when replacing the files with their 4.12.15 counterparts (the "mostlyendings", "interrogation", "justice", "locations", "majorevent", "names", "talk", "talkcombat", "seige" and "stealth" folders specifically) without the need to edit any code and while keeping the same filepaths, so I feel it must have something to do with the files themselves?

Tested on multiple downloads across two machines, just to make sure it wasn't an issue on my end.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:21:25 pm by Betakta »

JD809

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2018, 04:45:16 am »

Getting a bunch of errors on launch with both the music and non-music versions of 4.12.16

Spits them out one at a time and then eventually crashes. At first I thought there were missing files in the archive or maybe the code was going down some bad filepaths, but when I dug into it I noticed all the missing files seemed intact. More importantly, the errors go away when replacing the files with their 4.12.15 counterparts (the "mostlyendings", "interrogation", "justice", "locations", "majorevent", "names", "talk", "talkcombat", "seige" and "stealth" folders specifically) without the need to edit any code and while keeping the same filepaths, so I feel it must have something to do with the files themselves?

Tested on multiple downloads across two machines, just to make sure it wasn't an issue on my end.

I'm getting the same problem on windows 10 pro.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2018, 11:52:42 am »

I'm getting the same problem on windows 10 pro.
Sorry.  My hard drive has been doing stuff like this lately.  My access to the internet is... limited.  I fixed the download link, but it will be about a day before I can confirm whether that corrected your problem.
It should be fine now.  (Unfortunately, swapping out the files from 4.12.15 is where the recruitment bug is, so that's trading one poison for another.)
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23